CHAPTER 23

Outside, an ambulance is sirening its way up the road, and an approaching helicopter.

You stormed outside your flat and immediately went at 221B, "WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME SHERLOCK?" you shouted, "oh, Gary. What are you doing here?"

"How many times?-- it's Greg. G-R-E-G." he spelled for you while you study him:

He's breathing heavily, means he went here in rush or he's exasperated or both. Ambulance, police cars and helicopter outside, he thought someone's in trouble or something's happening here. By looking at his state, misunderstood it is.

You glared at Sherlock, "Sherlock, next time ask me first before you ask for others. Look at what you have done." you put your hands on your waist, frowning and turns to look at Lestrade, "and you. You didn't bother to ask why he needs you? You just went straight here?" he nodded. You looked up at the ceiling in disbelief and sighed heavily, idiots.

Later on, Sherlock explained everything to you on why he asked Lestrade's help and after so many arguments he decided that he'll finish it himself.

WEDDING DAY

"(Y/N)!" Sherlock shouted waking you up, "dance with me! I need to road-test my composition for John and Mary! Wake up!"

"What the fuck Sherlock! I'm sleeping... Do it by yourself. Go away..." you said putting your pillows in your head while you kick Sherlock out.

"Ow! Do you really have to do that?"

"Yes idiot. Now, go away." you angrily pointing your door.

"Nooooo. You'll come with me." with that he removed your blanket and carry you on his shoulder and went to his flat. He made it to his flat without a problem because you didn't bother to fight because you're too tired physically and emotionally and you're too sleepy. He throws you on the sofa and noticed that he already set up a music player on the dining table. He pushes the play button and the sound of his music made you more sleepy, so you made yourself comfortable on the sofa and close you eyes again.

"AH! (Y/N)! DON'T SLEEP! I NEED TO FINISH THIS! WAKE UP!" Sherlock shouted again but this time in your ears making you jump. "Good. You're awake. Let's go."

He dragged you in the middle of the living room to start the road-testing, "You know that I don't dance." you stopped as you pony your hair.

"So what? I'll teach you." He proudly said tapping his chest.

"I didn't said that I don't know how to dance. I said I don't dance. There's a difference Sherlock." You rolled your eyes because of his idiocy.

"Oh. Well then, let's dance."

Sherlock holds his hand out towards you, you take his hand and he pulls you towards him, he places his right arm around your back and you place your left hand on his shoulder and he takes your right hand in his left and the two of you starts to dance in time with the music. The both of you sway side-by-side, enjoying the moment. You heard the door open and reveal Mrs. Hudson carrying a tray of tea. Sherlock look over his shoulder and said, "Shut up, Mrs. Hudson."

"I haven’t said a word." She replied.

Sighing, both of you continued to waltz, "You’re formulating a question. It’s physically painful watching you thinking."

"Yes, very painful." Sherlock mumbled making you chuckle. The both of you stopped dancing.

"I thought it was you Sherlock playing."

Sherlock gesture the music player on the dining table, "It was me playing." He picks up a remote control, switches off the music player and bends down to make a notation on the sheet music lying on the table. "I am composing."

Putting her tray onto the table beside John’s chair, she said "You two were dancing."

"We were road-testing." you said rolling your eyes.

"You what?"

Sherlock throws down his pen and turn to her, "Why are you here?"

"I’m bringing you your morning tea." She answered as she pours some milk into the teacup. "You’re not usually awake."

You lay down on the sofa while Sherlock sat down in his chair, "You bring me tea in the morning?"

"Well, where d’you think it came from?!"

"I don’t know. I just thought it sort of happened."

"Your mother has a lot to answer for." she said as she gives the cup and saucer over to him.

"Mm, I know. I have a list. Mycroft has a file."

Giggling, Mrs H sits down in John’s chair. "So – it’s the big day, then!" She said excitedly.

"What big day?" You said while you stand up and walk toward her to get your cuppa and sit on the arm of Sherlock's chair.

"The wedding! John and Mary getting married!"

"Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday and then carry on living together. What’s big about that?" Sherlock said, frowning.

"It changes people, marriage."

"Mmm, no it doesn’t." you said then you take a sip of your tea.

"She's right, it doesn't." Sherlock followed.

"Well, you two wouldn’t understand ’cause you always live alone."

"Your husband was executed for double murder. You’re hardly an advert for companionship."

"Marriage changes you as a person, in ways that you can’t imagine."

"As does lethal injection." he said as he smiles playfully at her. You smack his head.

"My best friend, Margaret – she was my chief bridesmaid."

Oh God. Here we go again.

You stand up and put your cup back to the tray.

"We were going to be best friends forever, we always said that; but I hardly saw her after that." She continue.

"Aren’t there usually biscuits?" Sherlock asked, standing up while you walk out of the flat.

I don't want to hear any of your story Mrs. H. Sorry.

You entered your flat and go straight to your bedroom and find your red silk above the knee dress that you'll wear for John's wedding.

You sigh heavily, "Into battle."