CHAPTER 38

Janine.

Your eyes widened, she's just wearing a shirt!

For God's sake! Sherlock Holmes, unbelievable!

"Oh, (y/n)! You're here too! Sorry. Not dressed." She said heading towards the kitchen, John standing aside to let her pass. Being shocked at the moment, you can't let out any word from your mouth. Janine continued on talking, "Has everybody gone? I heard shouting."

"Yes, they're gone." John said, his face gave you the idea that he's well, shocked too.

"God, look at the time. I'll be late." she said looking at her watch, she goes over to the worktop and picks up a cafetiere. "Sounded like an argument." She turns to John. "Was it Mike?"

"Mike!?" you said, almost shouting.

"Mike, yeah. His brother, Mike. They're always fighting."

"It's Mycroft." You corrected.

"Do people actually call him that?!"

"Yeah!" John said

"Huh! Oh, could you be a love and put some coffee on?"

"... Sure, right, yeah." John accepted.

Heading back towards the hallway, she said "Thanks." She stops and put a hand briefly on John's shoulder. "Ooh, how's Mary? How's married life?"

"She's fine. We're both fine, yeah." He turns and walks towards a cupboard, but Janine points in another direction. "Oh, it's over there now." John stopped.

What in the hell is she doing here?

You thought as you sit in the nearby chair.

She looks around. "Where's Sherl?"

You breathed out the name with a bemused look on your face, "Sherl!" Grinning and clearing your throat, you turn your head to her. "He's just having a bath. I'm sure he'll be out in a minute."

"Oh, like he ever is!"

"Yeah!" John said, he frowns as if still unable to believe what's happening, then wanders vaguely towards the cupboard that Janine had indicated.

She goes along the hallway and knocks on the bathroom door, immediately opening it and going inside. "Morning! Room for a little one?!"

Oh wow. Really, she's a bitch.

You heard Sherlock laughs and she giggles while there is much sound of splashing water. John turns and looks along the hallway then to you, "Is this real, John?"

"Yeah, I guess it is." He said, continuing what ever he is doing. "Coffee?" he offered.

"Ah, yeah. Sure."

"Two sugars?"

"Yes, just like before. Thank you."

He nodded and cleared his throat, "So, what are you and Sherlock doing these days? Seems like you're shocked as I am seeing Janine here in the flat." He said as he sit in another chair in the table.

"Ah, yes. Of course you didn't know. I've been busy not talking or checking Sherlock for more than... two months now. Let's say the day after your wedding."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"Nothing serious. We're going on a case that day and you know that it is very unusual that I finished getting dressed early than him, usually he's already waiting for me at the door, but that day he took his time. As I suspected he used drugs again."