CHAPTER 31

You didn't know how you managed to walk to your flat. You're obviously wasted. As you lost count of time, you headed outside and met the client with the boys in the bottom of the stairs. "H-hey... going to crime scene now?" You asked Sherlock who's fixing his scarf.

"Yesh... and.. and.. uhm.. you'll come with ush..."

"Of- of course.. let's go."

Later on. In the living room, elsewhere, still drunk but a little bit aware of what's happening around you but you can't control your body to move side by side.

You saw Sherlock wobbles unsteadily in front of a large clear glass plate on a stand. He is currently kneeling on the sofa with his arms braced on its back. John stands nearby, leaning against a supporting pillar in the middle of the room. "Ohhh, it’s nice!" You heard him say. A woman is standing nearby, together with the landlord who is holding a set of keys and looking at you and the boys in confusion. "Nice place." John said again.

You and Sherlock looks around the room, "See anything?" The woman asked.

Who is she again? Tes.. tessa..

"Hmm?" you and Shelock said.

"Any clues, Mr. Holmes? Ms. (last name)?"

"Oh, errrrrr ..." you said as you looks blurrily down at the fancy coffee table and starts deducing:

designer
table
art?

You looks across to an armchair:

chair
seat
leather
sleeeeep

Moving on to a fancy-looking speaker:

thing
speaker
hi-tech
thing

Your eyes drift on to a painted animal skull on a stand ...

? death ?
skull
? deaded ?

... and then to a tall slender ornament on the window sill ...

wood ?
? pipe/tube/wotsit
thingamebob?
?

... and to a pale green egg chair ...

egg ?
chair??
sitty thing?
???????????

Still umming vaguely, you wanders over to the chair and looks more closely at it, then twirls around and your eyes settle in a rather unfocused way on Tessa and you deduces her:

nurse
?? client ?
victim ??
cardigan

Scratching your head, you suddenly walk back to the sofa and sit. "Shhhhherlock. Yo-you do clue- clueing.." you said, forcing yourself to speak.

A minutes passed but it was like a blink of an eye for you, "Jawn! Jawn! I need your.. your opinion." you shouted making him jump.

"You all right?" Tessa asked, smiling.

"Hmm? Yeah. He’s.. uh- she's clueing." John said, vaguely.

"What?"

"I'm clu-clueing.." you said as you walk towards John.

"Mr. Holmes?" Tessa called as you walk at the back of the sofa where the rug is located and where is Sherlock kneeling with his bum stuck up in the air.

"Mr. Holmes?!" She said almost shouting. You jumped a little but you continue on clueing whatever was on the back of the sofa.

"I’m calling the police." Said the landlord.

The landlord walks across to the rug and hauls you and Sherlock up onto your knees.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Sherlock shouted indignant while flailing. You just let the landlord to drag you but when you realise that, you pushed him hard. The landlord steps back as John holds out a warning hand to him.

"They are the famous detectives. It’s Sherlock Holmes and (your full name) and their partner, John Hamish Watson." Tessa said, you nodded and stands up but you failed, your knees are betraying you.

You can feel that your head is getting heavy, so you decided to lean your head somewhere and you find it comfortable so you closed your eyes and sigh heavily.

"Wakey-wakey!" You heard.

Oh fuck. My head hurts.

"Oh my God." You heard again, your eyes are still close.

"Greg. Is that Greg?" It's John, yes. You recognise now the voices.

"Get up. I’m gonna put the three of you in a taxi. Managed to square things with the desk sergeant." Lestrade said laughing disparagingly. "What a couple of lightweights! You couldn’t even make it to closing time! And you (y/n)? I didn't know you're with them too!"

"Can you whisper?" John mumbles.

"NOT REALLY!" Lestrade shouted.

Shit, you Graham.

You flails upwards on the bench. Your eyes were wide and mouth open because of shock. You look round the cell in bewilderment and saw Sherlock in the corner. "Come on." Sherlock follows Lestrade while you sit up on the bench, when you stand you totter and falls back onto the bench. You stand up again and puts your fingers to your temples, wobbling on one foot. After a moment you lowers your hands and delicately paddles out of the cell.

"What the hell happened?" you asked yourself.