CHAPTER 57

"When are you leaving?" Sherlock asked as soon as the cabbie starts driving. You just looked at him for a second then you look back at the road again.

You were sitting at the other side of the cab, clearly wanting a space between you and him.

"(y/n)." He called, but you still hold your gaze to the road. "(y/n)! Talk to me!"

You look at him sharply, "You said you need to concentrate! Then why are you talking to me? I don't know why you always act like that, we're not children anymore Sherlock! Why can't you just grow up?" You snapped.

"I- I just want to talk. I'm sorry, okay? I only told John and Lestrade that because I want to be alone with you. Sorry if I acted like that at Baker Street. It's just... I don't know!"

"Whatever you say." You said, looking back at the road again.

"Where are you going?" He asked again.

"Dublin."

"For how long?"

"Two weeks or less."

"Err.. Be careful, don't get shot this time."

You look at him, frowning and lip tight, clearly hiding your smile at him, "That's what John told me."

"I know, I heard him."

"You're too far. Shut up."

"I can hear John's voice even he's miles away."

"What are you a super hero?" You rolled your eyes.

"Maybe." He smiles at you, "Look, (y/n)." He said, turning his body towards your side. "I mean it. Be careful, I don't want you to get hurt. I know that John wants that too."

"I know, I know." You smiled back at him.

"Okay, now. About that bust..."

"You're thinking that it's Moriarty."

"How did you know?"

You shrug, "He's the first person that comes to my mind."

"Well, obviously, we have the same mind."

"No, I'm smarter than you." You smirked.

"Whatever you say." Sherlock mimicked you making you roll your eyes. "I need to think, please tell me if we're near the mall." He added.

You nodded and look again to the road. You didn't noticed that Sherlock moves slowly to the space separating the two of you until he holds your right hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. You're about to say something, "She--"

But he cut you off, "Shh. Helps me think. Can't concentrate." He said with his eyes closed.

"okay then." you said, tightening your hold in his hand.

Minutes passed, "Sherlock.." you said, slightly squeezing his hand.

"Hmmm?"

"We're almost there." You said, then frowns "Why are we going to the mall?" You asked, you just remembered that you didn't know why you were going there.

"I need to see Mycroft."

The cab pulled out in front of the mall and the both of you got out of the cab, as you starts to walk, Sherlock holds your hand again, "Wh--"

He cuts you off again, "Still thinking."

"You really have the habit of interrupting me, eh?" You said, bumping your side to him.

He frowns at you then he looks back to the way again, "Hmmm." He said, rubbing his thumb to yours, probably he's really thinking.

So you just continue on walking with him until the both of you reached Mycroft's office.