Chapter 2: Jughead Jones

You got split up from the group and you looked at all the people. You saw a spot next to a boy with black hair wearing a beanie and you sat next to him.
"Hi I'm F/N Lodge." You said.
"Jughead Jones." He said and extended his hand and you put your hand on his but you felt a force of electricity and you both pulled away.
"You shocked me." He said.
"I'm sorry." You said sitting down.
He laughed. "So let me guess you are new here?"
"Yep." You said popping the p.
"That obvious?" You asked.
"I just know things." He said with a small smile. You noticed the laptop on his lap.
"Planning to write something?" You asked curious.
"Yeah just a novel." He said.
"Sounds fun." You said with a warm smile.

You looked and saw a red haired girl leading the assembly.
"Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally and everyone of you meant the world to Jason. I loved my brother. He was and always will be my soulmate. So I speak with the confidence in only in good. That Jason wouldn't want us to spend the entire morning mourning. Jason would want us to move on with our lives. Which is why I ask the school board to not cancel the semi formal." The red haired girl said and everyone started to clap.
"But rather use it as a way to heal. Celebrate my brother to to short life on this world. Thank you all." She said.
"That's Cheryl Blossom don't get on her bad side." Jughead whispered.
You nodded and clapped.
It was the end of the assembly and you got up to leave.
"Do we have any classes together?" You asked showing him your schedule.
"That we do. We have this class period together so I'll guide you." Jughead said.
"Thank you Jughead." You said.
"Are you snobby like other rich people?" He asked.
"When I was in New York I basically disowned my family because I didn't agree with the way things are. Now my sister has changed and my mom is dealing with stuff and as for my dad I can't say exactly. But I'll always be a Lodge by blood just not fully in heart." You said.
Jughead nodded and you two got to class. Class was over as soon as it started and it was lunch.
Luckily for you you stuffed your backpack with cookies, a slice of pizza, and (your favorite juice).
"Where are you having lunch?" You asked.
"Oh I just stay inside all in my lonesome." Jughead said.
"Well I'm not really friends with anyone and I'm sure my sister will manage without me. Can I have lunch with you?" You asked.
"Sure you aren't annoying so I'll let you." He said.
"Yay." You said with a smile.
"So what's your story?" You asked taking a sip of your juice.
"My story?" Jughead said with a laugh.
"Well it's a story." He said.
"Are you friends with anyone?" You asked.
"I used to be best friends with this guy named Archie." Jughead said.
"Andrews?" You asked.
Jughead nodded. "How did you know?"
"I met him and Betty Cooper the first night I got here. But what happened?" You asked.
"We just got into a fight and now we don't talk." Jughead said.
"I'm sorry." You said.
"It's fine really." Jughead said.
"So are you trying out for cheerleading?" Jughead asked.
"Ew no." You said.
Jughead laughed. "You look like a girl who would."
"You sure that beanie isn't on to tight?" You asked laughing.
You felt a buzz and you saw a text from Veronica.
V:"F/N where are you?"
You:"Hanging with a friend"
V:"I'm trying out for cheer with Betty"
You:"Have fun"
V:"You should too"
You:"No way."
V:"You're no fun"

You rolled your eyes at your phone.
"What's up?" She asked.
"My sister wants me to try out and I'm like no." You said.
"Ahh siblings." Jughead said.
"Having a twin has its ups and downs." You said.
"Want to go to Pops with me after school? If you are free of course?" Jughead asked.
"Yes." You said with a smile.