Chapter 40: What Are We Going To Do?

You were at home with Veronica and Archie.
"F/N come on we have to go. Archie has some news." Veronica said.
"What is it?" You asked.
"FP used Joaquin as his one phone call." Veronica said.
"Okay lets go." You said.
"Joaquin might know if FP was hired by our father." Veronica said.
You three went and saw Joaquin along with Kevin.
"We know FP used his one call to get in touch with you. What did he say?" You asked.
"Basically just a warning. He said to lay low." Joaquin said.
"No one uses their one call to say lay low." Veronica said.
"Joaquin do you know something?" Kevin asked.
"I'm not talking to you as your boyfriend I'm talking to you as the Sheriff's son." Kevin said.
Joaquin looked down.
"Did FP kill Jason?" Kevin asked.
"Joaquin please just tell us." You said.
"Yeah I mean I I assume." Joaquin said.
"Did you see him pull the trigger?" Veronica asked.
"No no God no." Joaquin said.
"Then why do you think he did it?" Archie asked.
"On July 11 I got a phone call in the middle of the night. He said he needed help with a cleaning job at the White Wrym." Joaquin said.
"What job?" Kevin asked scared.
"The basement of the White Wyrm is off limits. To everyone. That's where I met FP and that's where I saw Jason he had been shot. I never asked if he did it I mean I was terrified I just assumed. We got rid of any evidence." Joaquin admitted.
"You are a criminal." Kevin said.
"Joaquin FP has done jobs for my Dad before Hiram Lodge. Do you think killing Jason was one of them?" Veronica asked.
"There was one time I overheard a conversation between FP and Mustang." Joaquin said.
"Who's that?" You asked.
"He's another serpent he's the other guy who knew about the cleanup the one Archie got into a fight with." Joaquin said. "I overheard them talk about some rich guy don't know who."
"Where is Mustang?" You asked.
"No no no you don't want to go see him." Joaquin said.
"Yes I do and you are going to take us or." Veronica began.
"I'm going to tell my dad about your little cleanup job." Kevin said.

You all went to see Mustang in a pretty bad area. Joaquin opened the door and you went into his apartment and it was a mess. You looked back and saw Mustang dead in the bathroom.
"Again I can't be here." Joaquin said.
"Call my dad." Kevin said.
You did and you waited with Archie and Veronica.
"What were you doing here in the first place?" Sheriff Keller asked.
"We knee Mustang was a serpent and we wanted to talk to him to see if he knew anything about FP." Archie said.
"Okay Veronica F/N this has to stop why are doing this?" Mom asked.
"What do you think happened in there?" Fred asked.
"Likely an overdose we're waiting to see a time of death." Sheriff Keller said.
"How did you know he lived here?" Sheriff Keller asked.
You looked at Archie and Veronica until a police came in with a bag full of money with the initials H.L. your father's initials.
"Hermione Lodge would you like to explain to me why your initials are on this bag?" Sheriff Keller asked.
"Not Hermione Lodge. Hiram Lodge my Dad." Veronica said.
"Veronica." Mom said.
"He was doing business with the Serpents." Veronica said.
"That's all we are saying until there is an attorney present." Mom said.

You all went home and Mom began to cried and you hugged her.
"It's okay." You said trying to comfort her.
Veronica hugged her too.
"What are we going to do?" You thought.

You got a text from Jug.
J:"We have news come with Betty and Kevin and I."
F/N:"Kk"
You got dressed and found them.
"Whatever it is hopefully this helps us." You said.
"FP called him to tell him to stop worrying about the plan it's too dangerous." Kevin said.
You continued to walk and you found a bag with Jason's jersey in it.
"This is meant to help FP?" Archie asked.
"I don't know it looks like more evidence to me." Kevin said.
"It just solidifies that my Dad is a murder." Jughead said.
"We found solid proof that my Dad hired the Serpents today. So I'm sorry Jug but it probably means your Dad pulled the trigger." Veronica said.
"Nope not yet." You said.
"I don't know about you but sometimes stuff seems to get lost in the lining." You said.
You continued to work and found an USB.
"F/N got it." Kevin said.
You plugged it into a laptop and you clutched Jughead's hand preparing for the worst. Everyone was watching intently. But what you saw was unexpected. Clifford Blossom killed his son Jason Blossom. You started to cry along with Veronica. Jughead held you tightly.
Betty called Cheryl letting her know to leave her house.
That night Sheriff Keller and the mayor saw what we saw. Jason killed by his father. Then we learned why FP confessed because FP was protecting Jughead because Clifford threatened that Jughead would suffer the same fate.
But there was also "good" news Dad was coming home. But Clifford ended himself.