Chapter 62: Romantic Getaway

You were hanging out with Archie and Veronica when your Dad came in.
"I'm glad I caught you three  why don't you kids go to  the lake house as a getaway?" Your Dad suggested.
"As long as it's just us the teens and no chaperones." You said.
"Fine mija. Invite Sweetpea, Betty, and Jughead and make a real weekend out of it." Your Dad said.
"That would be great." Veronica said.
"Before you head off may I have a word in private?" Your Dad asked Archie.
"Yeah." He said.
"I wonder what they are talking about." You said.
"Me too." She said.

"I can't wait for the lake trip it will be a lot of fun." You said.
"I agree." Veronica said.
"I'm going to go ask Sweetpea." You said and waved goodbye to her.   You went to school and you saw Sweetpea.

"Hey love." Sweetpea said and gave you kiss.
"Hey I have a question. Do you want to go to the lake with me, Veronica, Archie, Betty, and Jughead?" You asked.
"Of course I'll be there." He said.
You smiled. "Okay let's go find them."
You went into the common room and saw everyone sitting.
"There's breathtaking views of the mountains and lakes." Veronica gushed
"It sounds heavenly V. What do you say Jug? Can you handle it?" Betty asked placing a hand in his leg.
"As long as it's cool with your Dad." Jughead said.
"Mr Lodge actually suggested it." Archie said.
"Yeah he did." You said.
"Well it will be a good chance for me to work on my novel." Jughead said.
"Just remember the point is to relax and forget about what's happening for a bit it's a luxury weekend trip." You said.

"Luxury and weekend two of my favorite words. When are we going and what should I pack?" Cheryl asked.
"Sorry Cheryl it's kind of a romantic couples only weekend." Veronica stated.
"I see. Of course. My mistake have fun with your romances." Cheryl said. 

Everyone split up but you were eavesdropping on Jughead and Betty's conversation.
"Why am I suspicious?" Betty asked.
"I need a new source of intel on Hiram Lodge for my article. I was thinking that could be Veronica or F/N. They are on the inside of their family business." Jughead said. 
"That jerk." You mumbled.
"Okay one can you please not investigate my best friend and F/N when they are both nice enough to let us who's not a couple stay in their family's cabin for a couple trip. And two I need this weekend to be an escape." Betty said.
"Okay I promise I'll behave myself." Jughead said.  
"Why don't I trust that." You mumbled. You shook your head and sighed. "Unbelievable"

It was after school and you had finished packing your bags and Sweetpea was coming over with his bags. 
"This will be a great vacation." Veronica smiled and hugged you.
"I agree I can't wait to just let go and forget about Riverdale for a bit." You said with a big smile. 
"And to spend time with Sweetpea right? Or are you hoping to rekindle things with Jug?" Veronica asked lifting her eyebrow.
"I overheard Jug saying to Betty that he wants to use us and this trip as a way to get information on our Dad. The most I'll be doing is making sure he can't say anything bad about him and making sure I have a great time with my boyfriend." You said.
"Trust me I won't intrude on yours and Sweetpea's time together." Veronica said.

You heard a knock on the door.
"That must be Sweetpea." You said and rushed to get the door. You opened the door to see your one and only Serpent boyfriend and gave him a hug.
"Are you finished packing?" He asked.
"I am let's get our bags and wait for Roni." You said and got your bag.

There was some time of waiting but eventually Veronica finished packing and we picked up Archie, Jughead, and Betty. You got out of the car and the view was amazing. It was exactly how you remembered it.
"We used to come here every summer to sneak away for a weekend." Veronica said.
"Veronica wasn't kidding it really was the last house on the left." Jughead said.
"Wow this place is gorgeous." Sweetpea.
"Wait until you see the inside." You smiled.