Chapter 42: Paranoia

You were going to leave with Veronica.
"Goodbye." You said.
"Wait Miss. F/N and Miss. Veronica you two might want to leave by the side entrance." He suggested.
"Why?" You and Veronica asked.
"Yeah why Smithers because they might run into me taking an early run." Your Father said.
"Good morning father." Veronica said.
"Mija." He said and looked at you.
You couldn't even fake a smile.
"Is everything alright F/N?" Your Father asked.
"Totally." You said.
"You two leave before breakfast and you don't come home until your mother and I had dinner I can't remember the last time we've had a meal together as a family." He said.
"I can." Veronica piped. "It was at the Dakota the day you got arrested." She added.
"Well perhaps we should talk about that tonight at dinner the four of us." Your father suggested.
"Unfortunately I have plans to quote that New Yorker cartoon how about never Dad is never good for you?" Veronica asked with a smile.
"Come on F/N let's go." She said and grabbed your hand and pulled you away.

You went to school and sat with the main gang and Jughead was talking about Pops.
"Wait his entire staff quit?" You asked confused.
"Yeah he said he's not sure how long he will be able to keep the doors open." Jughead said sadly.  "Maybe not even a week." He added.
Everyone looked sadly we didn't know what to do.
"It's because of what happened to my Dad." Archie said. "People are freaking out. I'm going to be honest guys I don't see myself going back anytime soon." Archie added.
"Wait we all have had so many memories there   We shouldn't let one psychopath ruin our lives. We shouldn't live in fear." You said.
"We can't let a psychopath dictate what happens to our place." Betty said.
"Jug your went crazy trying to save the drive in." Betty added.
"I can't take on anymore social issues right now. My hands are full." Jughead said.
"With your dad of course and he should be your priority. I'll help Pop Tate." Betty said.
"I'll help too Betty." Veronica said. "Anything to get me away from my parents I'm in."
"Another B and V team. I'm willing to make a video game about you guys." Jughead joked.
You laughed. "You two are a power team."
"Why don't you come as well?" Veronica asked.
"I'm not trying to destroy the B and V team." You joked.
"I'm going to go with Jughead to meet his Dad's court appointed lawyer at the Sheriff's station." You said.
"I'll be going with you two I got to drop off some fliers." Archie said.
You three walked to the station.
"This lawyer is a joke." Jug admitted.
"Everything will work out fine beanie boy." You said clutching his hand.
You were waiting at the station with Jug.
"F/N you gotta believe me I don't think my Dad did this." Jughead said.
"I know he didn't." You said. 
"Now I got to go I don't want you see this or hear this. I'll tell you everything later." Jughead said and kissed you quickly.
"Do you want me to wait here?" You asked.
"No I'll meet up with you later I don't want you to wait here for who knows how long." Jughead said.
You nodded understanding.  You decided you were going to go home at least for a bit.
As you were walking home you heard a car beeping.
"Mija get in." Your Father said.
"I'm fine." You said.
"Now." He said.
You sighed and got in.
"What were you doing at the Sheriff's station?" Your father asked.
"Nothing." You replied.
"Have you been to the Southside?" Your father asked.
"No." You lied.
"F/N don't lie to me. Your eyebrow always twitches whenever you lie." Your father said.
"Father, don't assume I'm lying I have no reason to lie." You said.
"Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid that my own flesh and blood is trying to take me down behind my back thinking I don't know." Your Father said.
Your E/C eyes stared into his eyes coldly. "When I say this believe me I have no ties to any serpents." You said.
  "We need to talk. Are you free?" Your Father asked.
"No I have to go." You said.
"You can't hide from me forever mija. Everyone knows a Lodge's bite is stronger than their bark." Your Father threatened.