Chapter 41: A New Mystery

If you thought  Riverdale could not  get crazier you were in for a rude awakening.  Let's give a recap after Jason Blossom there was a Jubille which you didn't attend however you did go to FP's trailer with Jughead and your moment was interrupted by the Southside Serpents. Cheryl also tried to "be with Jason" but Archie pulled her out.
Now Fred got shot and is now in the hospital. Now your father is coming back to Riverdale and you knew it wouldn't go well.
  It was a hectic day you could say the least. You were rushing to the hospital  with Veronica and the gang along with our parents. Everyone of us was worried for Fred and for Archie.  
We were rushing through the hospital halls and we saw Archie bloody and we all hugged him tightly.
"I came out of the bathroom and there was this man, thief wearing this hood and pointed a gun at Pop Tate and then at my dad and fired." Archie said sadly.
"Then he..." Archie started.
"Then he what?" Veronica asked.
"Then he bolted." Archie stated "I was holding my Dad Pop Tate called an ambulance and it didn't come so I drove here and I don't know maybe I should of waited maybe I made it worse." Archie said looking down and was on the verge of tears.
"No Archie you did the right thing." You said softly.
"You saved your Dad's life." Jughead said.
"First Cheryl now your Dad if you keep this up you're going to need a superhero name Pureheart the Powerful." Jughead said trying to lighten the mood.
  "There isn't any new information your Dad's in surgery he's going to be there for awhile." Mrs Cooper said.
"Archie have you spoken to your mother about any of this yet?" Mom asked.
"No. No I haven't called her." Archie said.
"Be right back." Archie said and walked away.
Mrs Cooper sighed and looked at Jughead.
"Mom do not start this." Betty said.
"Start what?" Jughead asked confused.
"Well of course I just can't help but wonder if your Southside Serpent gang had anything to do with what's happened to Fred." Mrs Cooper said.
"At least you can't accuse my father of being a shooter because he's in jail." Jughead said.
"I can't handle this." You and Veronica said.

Sheriff Keller came in.
"How's your dad doing?" He asked.
"He's still in surgery." Betty informed.
"I know this is a terrible time for you but could we go somewhere and talk about what happened?" Sheriff Keller asked.
"Is it cool if I tag along?" Jughead asked.
"Yeah that'd be great Jug." Archie said.

You looked at Veronica with a gloomy expression and she hugged you.
"First Dad is coming back and now this." You said softly.
"I know F/N." Veronica said.
Some time passed and you, Veronica, and Betty were talking.
"There are certain things Veronica Lodge does better than anybody the first thing is makeovers,  party planning, dance offs, dropping vintage bomb mods, conversely there are things I'm not good at grief, comforting boyfriends." Veronica said.
"Okay but that's the old Veronica talking." Betty said.
"Old Veronica would of bolted by now but new Veronica doesn't want to let Archie down." Veronica said.
"You won't you're still here you're still supporting him and his dad. Stay strong." You encouraged.
"Speaking of." Veronica said. You looked back and saw Archie and Jug.
  Fred's nurse came and gave us the news about everything and how Archie is going home to get a change of clothes for his dad and for him.
  "Where did Jug go?" You wondered.
You pulled out your phone and began to message him.
You: "Where are you?"
5 minutes went by and no response.
You were sitting by Kevin and Betty awkwardly when all three of you saw Cheryl walking and her mom being taken away.
You got up.
"Is everything okay?" You asked.
"You didn't hear. My mother had a terrible accident there was a terrible fire." She said in her usual voice.
"Is this the apocalypse?" Kevin asked.
"After my...ordeal at sweetwater River I was asleep when the fire started they think it was a candle catching the curtains. Mommy got home from the Jubilee and rushed into the blaze risking her life to save mine. Unfortunately she suffered third degree burns. What are you three doing here?" She asked.
All three of you were in disbelief.
"I'm shocked you're not more shaken up after all this. First your ordeal as you call it. Now this. Don't people usually feel a bit more how do I put it scared, or shaken up after something like this?" You asked.
"I don't know what you're implying F/N." Cheryl said in a fake nice voice.
You pursed your lips and crossed your arms. "I'm not implying anything. I'm saying something doesn't add up."
She looked into your eyes and gave a fake smile while her eyes stared daggers into yours.
"You're highly mistaken. I guess its too much living on the streets with your boyfriend who's the son of a convicted criminal." Cheryl retorted.
You smirked un phased. "First off FP didn't do anything. Second off you just proved my point. Thanks Cheryl. You smirked.
You then saw Veronica and Jughead.
"Jug where were you I sent you a message." You said. 
"Taking care of things." Jughead said.
"Guys I have something to tell you." Veronica said.
"What?" You asked.
"Archie is at the Sheriff's station." She said.
"Where?" Betty asked crossing her arms.
"At the sheriff's station doing a line up." Veronica said.
"That's going to be traumatizing for him we should go down there." Betty said.
"Actually can you guys do me a huge favor Mr Andrew's wallet is missing. We're thinking it might be at Pops that or the guy who shot Fred might have it." Veronica said.
"Well if it's just some rando robbing Pops he probably took the money and got rid of the wallet." Betty said.
"Unless it wasn't just some rando unless it was pre meditated in some way." Jughead informed.
"So do you think this was pre meditated I mean it is kinda suspicious who just robs Pops." You said.
"Not according to Sheriff Keller but if you ask me people have grudges people have enemies I mean think of where we live fathers  are killing their sons. It's entirely conceivable this was a hit." Jughead said.
"Okay or the wallet's just at Pops so we'll check it out V." Betty said.
Veronica nodded.
"You two can go I have some rounds to do." You said.
"Where are you going?" Veronica asked.
"I just need to do somethings. Okay?" You asked.
"Yeah but be safe." Veronica said.
"I'm always safe." You smiled and walked out.
    You began to walk and you walked to the library.
You knew that your mom wasn't innocent in everything and your father was coming home. So you needed information about your family. You needed to know what the last name you bear means.  As your mother always said you are a Lodge before anything else.
You began to look at books of records of last names.
"L L L L." You searched and look closer and closer.
"Lodge page 753." You mumbled. You flip through the pages and you noticed that the page was ripped out.
"What does this even mean?" You thought.
"Did they know already?" You questioned.
You felt a buzz.
JH: "There's no wallet and Pops said the guy in the BlackHood is like the angel of death."
You:"Oh this keeps getting better and better."
JH: "Where are you?"
You:" If you know me you know where."
JH:"Library?"
You:"Yep."
JH:"Are you coming to the hospital?"
You:"I'll be there in a few."

About 30 minutes later you arrived at the hospital and you saw Archie talking with the gang.
"I should have told you this sooner I feel so ashamed. After the guy shot my dad I should have rushed to my dad. But I didn't. I should have tackled the guy I was paralyzed I didn't move not even when the guy walked up to me and put the gun to my head. I just closed my eyes I don't know how long long enough for him to have taken my dad's wallet I guess." Archie admitted pain and sorrow was written all over his face.
  "You have nothing to be ashamed about." You said.
He started crying.
"There's nothing else you could have done." Betty said.
"I was a coward." He said. "This guy may have all my dad's information what if he comes back?" He asked.
No one answered.

It was a couple hours later and it was raining and you were with Jughead.
"Jughead with the serpents. I'll stand by you with whatever." You said.
"Thank you F/N you mean everything to me." Jughead said and kissed you.
  You then went home it was late. You opened the door and saw Veronica sitting at the table with your Mom and your father.
"F/N ven acá mija." Your mom said.
"I came home earlier than expected." Your father said.
"Bienvenido a casa Papá (welcome home Dad)." You said.
"It's so disrespectful that you weren't here to greet me." Your father.
"I'm sorry." You said.
Veronica looked down blankly.
"You're still the same." Your father said.
"Are you?" You asked.
He chuckled.
"Siéntate en la silla (sit on the chair)." Your father said.
You walked over and sat next to Veronica.
"Fred is going to make it." She said.
You smiled. "Good."