Chapter 15: The Memorial

You were in the hall and you saw Veronica with a shocked face.
"What's wrong?" You asked.
"Cheryl invited me to a sleepover." Veronica said.
"Are you going?" You asked worried.
"I am and don't worry I will be fine." Veronica said.
"I can't help but worry." You said.
"I'll be fine." Veronica said with a small smile.
"Say it enough and maybe we will both believe it." You said.

It was the next day and you and Jughead were walking.
"I'm going to talk to Betty about the whole Jason Blossom stuff. Do you want to come?" Jughead asked.
"I'm trying not to depress myself fully until the memorial." You said.
"I'll see you later." Jughead said.
"See ya." You said with a smile and walked off.

It was now officially the day of Memorial and Jughead was going to meet you at your house.
You put on a long black dress with black wedges and you curled your H/C hair.
You turned around and you saw Jughead.
"Hey F/N." You said.
"Hi Jughead." You said and looked at him in a tux.
"Ready to enter the belly of the beast?" Jughead asked.
"I am. You look so handsome." You said.
He chuckled and looked down. "Thanks it was the best I could do."
"It looks perfect." You said.
"Mija who's this?" Mom asked smirking.
"Mom this is Jughead my boyfriend and Jughead this is my Mom." You introduced.
"It's nice to meet you Jughead." Mom said shaking his hand.
"It's nice to meet you too Mrs. Lodge." Jughead smiled.
"Please call me Hermione." Mom said.
"We should be going." You said.
"Right right lets go." Mom said.

It wasn't to bad of a car ride Mom kept making idle chat and Jughead was polite but it was still nerve wracking on your end because you knew that one day your dad will have to meet him if it lasts.
You arrived at Thornhill and you were greeted by Cheryl's mom Penelope Blossom.
"Penelope I just want to offer my condolences." Mom said.
"Hermione that's so kind." Penelope said and they awkwardly hugged and kissed the air behind each other but you then noticed Penelope whisper something in your mom's ear.
"Do they always do that?" Jughead whispered.
"On important meetings." You whispered back.
You were sitting down next to Jughead and Archie.
"I'm going to give the jersey to Mrs Blossom." Archie said.
"Good luck." You said.
You watched him and you saw her rub her hand on his face.
"That's so weird." You said.
"So that's not a rich thing?" Jughead joked.
"No way." You said.
"Did she just touch your hair?" Kevin asked.
"That was really sweet what you did." Betty said.
"She deserves it." Archie said.
"Days like today really puts things in perspective huh?" Veronica asked.
"I mean at least we're." Veronica said.
"Life is way to short. I'm glad I met all of you guys when I did." You said.
"F/N you sound like you are dying next." Kevin said.
"I could. It's possible." You said.
"Don't say that F/N." Jughead said.
"Anyone of us could." You said sadly.
Veronica grabbed your hand and Jughead grabbed the other.
"Don't say that." Jughead said.
"Please don't." Veronica said.
You looked over and saw Cheryl wearing a white dress walking down.
"Oh my God." Veronica said shocked.
"Yes." Kevin said loving every moment of the drama.
"Welcome to ThornHill. Thank you all for coming. If you will kindly take your seats I would like to start the memorial with a few words of Jason. " Cheryl said.
You saw Mrs Blossom about to get up.
"You are only going to make things worse." Veronica said to Mrs Blossom.
"The last time I saw Jason I was wearing this dress. I know it's imposible but I swear when I put it on it feels like he is in the room. Even though we were twins I used to demand I have my own birthday party until one year out of the blue Jason convinced me we had to combine them into one. Wasn't until years later I found out why. It was because no one wanted to come to mine and Jason didn't want me to know. He protected me every single day." Cheryl said on the verge of tears.
"I wished the day of the river I protected him. I'm so sorry JJ." Cheryl cried and Veronica got up to comfort her.
Jughead looked at you with sad eyes and you looked at him.
"I think we will adjourn now for a light supper." Mrs Blossom said.
  "F/N want to help Jughead and I?" Betty asked.
"Sure." You said and followed them.
You three went and snuck into Jason's bedroom.
"Is it me or did the temperature just drop like it does in horror movies?" Betty asked.
"Just the icy chill." Jughead said.
"Where would a teenage boy hide things?" You asked.
"Under the mattress, drawers, headboard, in the closet." Jughead said.
"I don't want my fingerprints on anything." You said.
  "It will be fine." Jughead said.
You three began looking.
"Hello." The three of you heard and you jumped and Jughead held his arms around you.
"I'm so sorry we were just leaving." Betty said.
"Oh it's you how lovely to see you again  come closer I want to get a good look at you." The lady said.
"More more more." She said.
"Come closer Polly dear." The lady said.
She had gray hair but one strand was red.
"It's nice to see you again too sorry it had to be under these circumstances." Betty said.
"Well of course your not wearing it." The lady said grabbing Betty's hand.
"Wearing what?" Betty asked.
"The ring Polly." The lady said exclaiming her voice.
"That ring has been in the Blossom family for generations. You keep it close to your heart." The lady said.
"But don't tell Penelope I gave it to you or she will likely come and snip it from your finger." She said darkly.
"I won't. I promise." Betty said.
"Such a shame your wedding was the last thing I was living for." She said.
"I lost a grandson. But you lost a husband." She said.
"Poor child." She said.
"Excuse me. I have to. I can't." Betty said and went off.
You and Jughead followed Betty.
"Oh my gosh." You said.
"Oh my gosh is right." Jughead said.

You were at home sitting with Veronica and your mom was talking.
"There's a lot of love lost between your dad and Clifford and Penelope. But still that family lose a child that young that way." Mom said.
"I just spent twenty hours in the gothic horror story that is Cheryl Blossom's life." Veronica said.
"Really puts things at perspective on why she acts the way she does." You said.
"It really reminded me of how lucky I am. To have a Mom who protects me and to have a sister that is truly amazing in every way." Veronica said.
All three of you held hands.
"Then I need to tell you both something that happened last night at Pops." Mom said.