Chapter 43: Acceptance

""You can't hide from me forever mija. Everyone knows a Lodge's bite is stronger than their bark."  The words your father said to you that you keep reflecting on.
"How can I be related to such a villain?" You sighed shaking your head.
You looked at your computer and saw a letter you were planning to send to a private school in Italy. So you could leave Riverdale.
"Well there's no harm in applying." You thought. You filled out the application and attached the letter then sent it out not a soul knew your plan.

You were at school and you saw Midge talking to Reggie about something. You could only hear something about jangle. You then watched as Reggie walked up to Archie and walk away. 
"What are they talking about?" You wondered.
You decided to follow them and you heard Archie ask about something that could keep him awake and Reggie suggesting jingle jangle.
"Until the guy who shot my Dad is caught I want to be on high alert." Archie murmured.
"So can you help me or not Reggie?" Archie asked.
"I got you Andrews." Reggie said.
Archie walked away and you followed him.
"How dumb are you Archie?" You asked.
"Excuse me?" He asked.
"I heard you and Reggie talking about you know what." You hissed.
"You wouldn't understand so leave me alone F/N." Archie glared and stormed away.
You shook your head sighing.

  You were sitting alone and you saw Veronica and your Dad sitting and talking.   She got up and left and you ran to her side.
"V what's up?" You asked.
"Just Daddy wanting to make up but me denying. Also Betty and I are planning an event. Do you want to join?" Veronica asked.
"I'm not that good at event planning." You said.
"Plus I have my own mission I have to accomplish." You smiled.
"What are you planning to propose to Jug." She joked.
"Totally that's on my to do list." You replied.
"I have to go to cheer practice. See you later F/N." Veronica said walking off.

You got a buzz and an email from the school and you knew this was letter that decided everything. To be accepted  or not to be accepted. that is the question.  You were too nervous to open it so you decided to wait.
  You also got a message from Jug.
Jug: Hey babe I'm doing work at Southside I'll be back soon.
You: Okay I'll be waiting love.

You went home and saw Veronica yell at Dad.
"Are you buying Pops!?" She yelled.
"What did I miss?" You mumbled.
"Yesterday at school did you just think oh Veronica is working so hard to save the Choc Litte Shop I'll just save it for her!" Veronica screamed.
"Veronica Im not buying Pops." Dad said.  "Now please lower your voice and sit so we can speak civilly and maybe then you can let your sister have one moment for her accomplishment instead of you making it about you and your team of friends you sit as well F/N." Dad said.
Veronica looked mad and sat down and you followed.
"Let's talk about Mr Andrews." Veronica said.
"Mom asked him to sell his portion of the project and the day after he rejected the offer he was shot in Pops. Was it your doing?" She asked.
Dad laughed.
"Veronica first you accuse me than your father. What's next your sister?" Your mom asked.
"No! No. I didn't shoot Fred nor did I hire someone to do it." Your Dad said.
"I was your fiercest protector Dad. Ask mom. Whenever someone called you the devil incarnate I defended you. I kept telling myself he's not bad you can forgive him. And then you sent me this. A letter threatening you Mom." Veronica said handing your mom a letter.
"That's the kind of man you're letting back into our lives." She cried.
"Veronica your father didn't write this letter. I did." Mom admitted.
"I don't understand." Veronica said.
"I needed you to testify on your father's behalf. So I wrote this letter threatening myself. Not your father." Mom said.
"She did it for us. All of us to survive. So we can be a family again." Your Dad said.
"This situation is a mess." You said.
"You two deserve each other." Veronica cried.
"Veronica your sister got accepted into a prestige school and you ruined our surprise for her by this act." Your mother said.
"I got in?" You asked.
"You put me as the contact so I just received a message today they were awaiting your application and they like what they see." She responded.
"Not you too!" Veronica cried and walked away.
   You went into your room and you messaged Jug.
You: I have big news
Jug: So do I. Betty and I are at Cheryl's house so we can get them to show mercy so maybe my Dad will not be stuck in jail.
You: Thats amazing Jug maybe we can meet up later to discuss what I have to say.
Jug: Of course.
Jug; Meet me at 1 am at our secret place
You: Got ya

It was 1 am and you were up. You decided to get ready and put on a black dress with black flats.  You went to your secret spot and saw your beanie wearing boyfriend.
You ran to him and kissed him hard. 
"Missed me?" He smirked.
"Yes of course. Did you miss me?" You asked.
"Always." Jug said and kissed you again.
"What did you want to tell me?" He asked.
You sighed and the mood got serious.
"Jughead I got into a prestige school." You said.
"Are you going?" He asked serious.
"This is where I need to think about everything." You said.
Jughead cupped your face. "I'm going to miss you but I know this is going to be the best thing for you. You're going to be safe I can sort everything out with my Dad and I'll be waiting right here for you until you come back. I want you to go. I want you to succeed. Please F/N don't stay here for me." Jughead cried.
You started crying. "But I love you."
"I love you more which is why I need you to stay safe. You being here isn't safe for you. A guy with a black hood and gun is roaming around I need you to be safe for me. I couldn't bear it if you got hurt."
You nodded still crying.  He kissed you and kissed away your tears.
"I'll be right here waiting for you." Jughead said.