Chapter 60: Is a War Coming?

You were stunned by what you saw.  You couldn't believe this.  You also received a message from Archie.
Archie: F/N we need to talk right now
You: About what?
Archie: Papa Poutine is dead
Your blood ran cold as you saw that message.
"He's dead?" You thought.
"F/N sweetie what's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost." Your Mom said concerned.
"I-It's nothing Mom Im just shocked." You lied
Archie: Do you think your Dad had anything to do with this?
You: No he wouldn't do something like this

You had a sick feeling that you were wrong and he did have a hand it. But you just didn't want to believe it.
"I don't think we can interpret the delivery of that head as anything less than a declaration of war." Your Dad said.
"We knew we would have to go to war eventually." Your Mom said.
"There is of course another option before declaring war we would try to negotiate a sentiment. You should be able to negotiate with a biker gang." Veronica said.
"This isn't high school." Your Dad said.
Your Dad turned to you. "Mija when you reported what you heard to me you proved to me that you have some characteristics of mine and you should be apart of this team. Whether or not you are you have our last name and with this head it could prove to be very bad for you." Your Dad said.

"We just want to protect you." Your Mom smiled.
"I am a Lodge and I will try my best to help you guys." You lied.
"You're an excellent businessman Daddy. I'll get them to the table all you have to do is play nice." Veronica said.
"F/N is close to them so maybe she could help." Veronica suggested.
"Veronica I don't want to lose trust with the Serpents if they know that I'm helping you guys their niceness could just be a lie." You stated trying to make sure you aren't seated there.
"But we're trying to make peace and you are a Lodge so maybe you should just try to help and calm the situation down if need be." She replied.
"Of course I'll do all I can if the situation calls for it." You said feeling a bit uneasy. "I'm just trying to figure out which one of them sent it."
"That's a mystery in itself but I think I know who." Your Dad sighed.

  It was a new day and you were still uneasy about everything.  You saw Veronica and your parents eating breakfast.
"Sit down F/N you must be starving." Your Mom said.
"I am a bit hungry." You said. As you were eating your (favorite breakfast) someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it." Your Dad said.  He walked up and got the door and there stood Sweetpea.
"Hello Mr Lodge is F/N here?" He asked.
"Yes she is. F/N." Your Dad said.
You walked over and smiled at him.
"I wanted to walk you to school if you want to that is." He smiled.
"Shouldn't it be if I allow you to walk her?" Your Dad asked being overprotective.
"Yes sir if you allow me trust me nothing bad will happen to her under my watch." Sweetpea replied and you could tell he was a tad bit scared and you giggled at that.
"I'm just messing with you you seem like a good young man. You can walk her to school." Your Dad smiled and Sweetpea returned the smile.  You grabbed your backpack and grabbed Sweetpea's hand and you two started to walk to school.

  "I can tell you're feeling a bit off are you okay? What's bothering you?" Sweetpea asked concern filling his voice.
"Well last night we got a gift of the head of the statue and I don't know who sent it to us but I have a suspicion and it looks like a bad omen and I'm just worried." You said. 
"Do you regret being with me and all the drama? I don't want to cause a rift between you and the- " You started but you were cut off with a kiss in the rain.
"F/N you couldn't do anything to make me regret being with you. I truly care about you. Even if you broke up with me I wouldn't regret this because I at least got to spend some time with the most amazing girl in the world." Sweetpea smiled.

"Now who do you think sent this?" He asked.
"Well last night I was thinking that it's Jughead because I know the Jones's got the head and FP wouldn't do something so stupid to start a war with us." You sighed.
"That's what Im thinking to and if you need any backup I got your back." Sweetpea said.
"Well Veronica and I are going to try to settle this peacefully." You said.
"Whatever happens I'm here for you." Sweetpea said wrapping his arm around you.

You got to school and you saw Veronica. You ran up to her.
"Veronica I think I know who sent it." You said.
"Jughead?" She asked.
You nodded.
"Well then let's try to settle this." She said and took your hand.
"Veronica F/N are you trying to manage me?" Jughead asked.
"Define manage." You and Veronica said.
"People who are going to lose their homes." Jughead said.
"Jughead why don't you and your dad sit down with my dad and hash it out like civilized humans face to face." Veronica suggested.
"We aren't brutes here we should be able to solve everything in peaceful manner." You said.
You could see Jughead's and Betty's annoyance.

"Oh my gosh you're just like your evil father F/N." Betty spoke.  You sent a glare at Betty telling her to shut up and so did Veronica.
"Okay one condition your Dad comes to Sunnyside trailer park I want him to see the people that he's going to ruin." Jughead said.
"Fine and trust me no one is being displaced." Veronica said.
"Police found another dead body this morning there's blood everywhere." Kevin said.
You looked and saw Betty who was wide eyed.
"Could the Blackhood have risen up from the grave?" Jughead asked.
"It could be the Blackhood or maybe even someone else." You sighed.
"Did they say who's body?" Archie asked.
"Where did they find it?" Betty asked.
"The investigation is on going but it was at the motel and it was gruesome." Kevin informed.
"I wonder if this is Poutine and why is Betty acting so strange almost as if she is keeping a secret from everyone." You thought.
"I have to go." Betty said and ran off. 

Everyone started to split up but Veronica and grabbed you and Archie and we were talking in a room.
"A bullet through the head that's clearly a mafioso's doing. God how come when I feel like I'm in a good place some terrible thing happens and somebody dies and I'm back in the place of what if my father is behind this and making matters infinitely worse you and F/N are dragged into this!" Veronica complained while pacing.
"Veronica we chose to do this and after all he is our father. I don't know what our Dad has done or what he's capable of doing but we both have to stick together." You said.
"I can't handle not knowing!" Veronica yelled.
"You're supposed to believe in your Dad. His business dealings might be shady but at heart he's still a good guy. I know that. You know that. F/N knows that." Archie said.
"Do I?" Veronica questioned.
You and Veronica hugged and then Veronica and Archie hugged.
"I just want a normal day." You sighed.

You went home and you saw your Dad.
"Have you seen the news?" You asked.
Your Dad nodded sadly. "I am gutted over this but F/N you saw him firsthand you should have picked up a feeling about him he was deep into debt and some people didn't like him  his time  was coming and sadly it did." Your Dad said. 
"I understand." You said. 

"I'm suppose to be meeting with Archie I'll talk to you soon." Your Dad said.  
You were walking around and you overheard your Dad talking to Veronica.
"I know certain aspects of my business trouble you. So if there's something you want to know." Your Dad said.
"Did you have something to do with Papa Poutine's death?" She asked on the verge of tears.
"No mija I did not." He said. Veronica went over and hugged him.
You walked away making sure no one saw you spying.  "What's next?" You silently mumbled.