Chapter 51: Suspicions

You were already enrolled back in class and you were quite excited to be back at school.
"I am I can't wait to see everyone again." You smiled.  Deep down you knew Riverdale was known for bad things so you had a gut feeling that something was about to go down. You were walking when you overheard your Mom and Dad talking to Veronica. Do you decided to listen in on their conversation.
"Veronica do you have a minute?" Your Mom asked.
"Just to check in on things." Your Dad added.
"Ah checking in to make sure I'm still on board with the "plan"." Veronica said making quotation marks. "Don't worry I am."
"You're going to be a ground zero Veronica." Your Mom said.
"The eye of the potential hurricane." Your Dad said.
"That's what you said when I wanted to go shopping in Soho by Wall Street and I was fine." Veronica stated.
Your parents sighed at her comment.
"Dad Mom trust me I'll keep my classmates from revolting when the news breaks and they'll be none the wiser." Veronica smirked.
"As well make sure your sister doesn't know. We want to be in her good graces at least for now." Your Mom said.
"Wait F/N isn't in on this?" Veronica asked confused.
"She isn't. At least not in this moment." Your Mom said.
"Why not?" Veronica questioned.
"She just came back from Italy. We don't want her to regret coming back to Riverdale because of all this... drama." Your Dad said struggling to find the right word. 
"Fine I won't let her know." Veronica said. 
You saw Veronica was coming out so you quickly went to the kitchen and pretended to eat a piece of toast acting as if you didn't hear anything.
"Are you ready for your first day back?" Your Dad asked.
"Of course I am." You said.
"I'm glad. You know we only want you to be happy." Your Mom said and hugged you.
"Well I better be off to school I don't want to be late to class." You said. 
"Bye Mom bye Dad." You and Veronica said in unison.
You had an uneasy feeling in your chest about what you overheard. But you weren't going to tell Veronica that you know. At least not yet.

You arrived in school and immediately you saw the red haired boy.
His eyes widened when he saw you. "F/N?" He said in disbelief.
You nodded with a big smile. He ran over and hugged you.
"I can't believe you're back F/N! I missed you." Archie said.
"I wish I could stay and talk to you but I really need to talk to Veronica. So we can catch up later." Archie said and pulled Veronica away. You could only faintly hear him ask about his dad's medical bills being paid.
You went into the common room where you saw Betty and Kevin.
Betty got wide eyed and Kevin turned around looking at what Betty was staring in shock at.
  "Oh my gosh." Kevin said in disbelief.
Betty kept staring lost for words.
"This can't be real can it?" Betty asked.
"Hi guys I'm back." You said.
"Wow just when I thought this year couldn't get any more interesting but I guess I was wrong." Kevin smiled.
Betty walked over to you and gave you a hug. "I say we start over and try to be friends."
You stiffened rather unsure of what to do. "Yeah we can try."
You saw Veronica and Archie come in and then the speakers turned on.
"Students at Riverdale high this is your principal speaking e-mails have been sent to your parents Southside Highschool is shut down." The principal said.
You were shocked and so was everyone else.
"Students have been transferred to other schools in the district including this one." He said.
Everyone started to whisper about the situation.
"Okay everyone let's not overreact." Veronica said.
"The Southside students can't be that bad." You said trying to reason with people. You weren't even really paying attention to the announcement anymore.
"What does this mean?" Archie asked.
"Jughead is coming back!" You said trying to contain your excitement but failing.
"I see F/N is happy about this." Kevin stated.
"Are you ready for that Betty?" Kevin asked.
"Of course. Kevin I don't want any drama between me, F/N, and Jughead that thing whatever you want to call it won't be happening again because I see how much Jughead loves her." Betty said and smiled at you reassuring you that she's over him.  
"But why is this happening now?" Archie asked confused.
"Who knows it's probably some bizarre town ordinance. We couldn't possibly understand. In the meantime let's receive these exiles as if they were our own flesh and blood." Veronica said. "Who's in?"
You stared at her wondering if she knows anything about this. You had a strange suspicion that your family has some part to play in this and you had to find out what part they have in this.
"I'm in." You said.  Veronica smiled at you.
"At least my lovely sister can agree with me." Veronica smiled.
  You faked a smile at your sister not letting anyone know that you have a suspicion about her.  You can't trust her right now because you know she's lying at least somewhat.
You got a text. You looked at it and it was from Jug.
Jughead: Meet me at Pops later
You: Okay I'll be there
You put your phone away and you made idle chatter with everyone until it was time to go.