Chapter 33: Hospital and Conflict

You were at school with Veronica and Betty when Kevin walked up with a worried look on his face.
"Oh my  remember when you were snooping about Ethel and how she may hurt herself." Kevin said. 
"She didn't." Veronica said in disbelief.
"No but her Dad did." Kevin said.
"But he's going to be okay." Kevin said.
Veronica walked off her face in complete horror and tears.
"Veronica!" you yelled and started to run after her.
She went into the bathroom and you opened the door to see her rip off her pearl necklace and the white pearls fall off with Veronica bent over  sobbing.
"Veronica." You said and hugged her as she was crying.
"How about we pay a visit at the hospital?" You suggested.
"Yeah yeah." She said and wiped her tears.
You two went to the store with Betty and picked up a bouquet of flowers and then went to the hospital.

"Betty, Veronica, F/N." Ethel said her face stained with tears.
"Hey." Betty said.
"Hi." You said.
"Mom these are my friends Betty and this is F/N and Veronica." Ethel said.
"Mrs Muggs Ethel we heard what happened and we wanted to leave these flowers with you." Veronica said.
"That's very kind thank you." Ethel said.
"Please don't thank me." Veronica said.
"We're just so glad that Mr Muggs is going to be okay." Betty said.
You nodded in agreement.
"Yes and hopefully it's a swift recovery." You said.
"We'll see you at school Ethel right?" You asked.
She nodded with a small smile.
Veronica turned around and grabbed your hand tightly.
"You two don't have to do this." Betty whispered.
"I think we do." You whispered back.
"Ethel Mrs Muggs there's something we need to tell you." Veronica started.
There faces became serious and confused.
"Our names are Veronica Lodge and F/N Lodge." You said.
Mrs Muggs breathed deeply and gave a look of pure horror.
"Our father is." Veronica began.
"Hiram Lodge." Mrs Muggs cut her off.
"And you two are showing your face here." She said in disgust.
"Mom." Ethel said.
"They are my friends." She said.
"They are not your friend honey." Mrs Muggs said.
"Their father is a criminal and he's the reason Dad did this to himself." She added.
Ethel looked confused and sniffled she moved her head causing her short red curls to move.
"Is that true?" Ethel sniffled.
"I mean you can't blame a person for someone else's action because at the end of the day a person is responsible to make their own decisions." You said nonchalantly.
"Don't listen to her. Yes and we are so sorry I wish I could do something." Veronica cried.
"Sorry isn't good enough!" Mrs Muggs hissed.
"You want to do something. Tell the truth your father is ruining lives he deserves to sit behind bars for the rest of his miserable life." Mrs Muggs hissed.
Mrs Muggs grabbed Ethel and moved her away.
Betty grabbed you and Veronica and you just let tears fall. It is the truth you didn't agree but yet a part of you still believed he could change.

You and Veronica went home and you just went to bed and cried. You were so conflicted about everything. You just wanted to run away but the past always finds you.