Chapter 65: Shots Fired

It was late at night everything was quiet almost too quiet.  You stared at the scenery as you were walking  as the moon and stars illuminated the path you were taking.
"Hello there." A familiar voice said.  You turned back startled  seeing the beanie boy you grew to both love and hate. 
"Oh it's you Jughead." You said with a sigh of relief. 
"Of course I'm not the Blackhood or anything." He said trying to make you feel a bit more relaxed.
"What are you doing here?" You asked.
"I could ask you the same. But since you want to know I saw you walking and I wanted to make sure that you were okay." Jughead said.
"Yeah I'm fine." You said with a slight smile.
"It's a big accomplishment for your family as your mom is mayor of Riverdale." Jughead stated with anger in his voice it was almost as if you could see fire in his eyes whenever he  talked about your family.
"Trust me Jug we're going to make Riverdale a place for everyone." You stated calmly.
"F/N I really really hope you're right because your boyfriend is a serpent even if you have him wrapped around your finger." He glared.

"Jughead if you're going to just insult me I'm going to leave."  You said as tension was filling the air. The peace you once had vanished when Jughead came around.
"F/N the reason I insult you is because I." Jughead said but trailed off.
You raised your eyebrow in confusion.
"Because I-." He began again.
"Because what Jughead?" You asked annoyed.
"Because I." He started again but choked.
"Out with it Jones!" You yelled.
"Because I love you F/N Lodge!" Jughead yelled back.   
You were taken aback you weren't expecting that at all. You didn't know what to say or even if you wanted to say anything.  
"Jughead I don't know what to say." You managed to get out.
"F/N I don't expect you to say anything besides I love you Jughead." He replied.
"Do I love him?" You thought. You were confused your heart was in two. But you knew at this moment you couldn't give him a definite answer.   But all of a sudden you saw his eyes widen.
"F/N look out!" Jughead said his eyes bulging and fear embedded in his voice. 
"Huh." You said and you heard a shot and you instantly felt pain.  You looked down and felt blood and as soon as you registered what happened you blacked out. Only dimly remember hearing Jughead yell.
"F/N!"