Chapter 55: Riding with SweetPea

As you were clinging to Sweetpea your worries went away. You weren't thinking about Jughead you were just thinking about the open road and how free you felt. You started to smile as a wave of freedom rushed over you staring at the sights of nature and feeling a lot better. As Sweetpea slowed down the bike you were still smiling. Sweetpea turned around and smiled at your smile.
"I told you I would make you feel better." He grinned.
"I feel the best ever." You admitted.
"Well it seems like you want to talk so let's talk about this situation with Jughead." Sweetpea started. "Tell me how you feel."
You sighed remembering everything. "Jughead said hurtful things and in someway I understand but I also don't. Him and I we had so many good memories and I thought I meant something to him."
Sweetpea looked at you softly. "I feel like you do mean everything to him which is why he's pushing you away because he's afraid you're going to be hurt. A lot of people see you as fragile."
"But I can take care of myself!" You exclaimed getting defensive.
"I know you can and deep down he knows that as well. But some people have their eyes on Jughead and are looking for a weakness and you are his weakness so if the wrong person sees that they could use you as bait or have your head on a platter." Sweetpea said.
You looked sadly and nodded understanding.
Sweetpea placed his hand on your shoulder. "Just give him some time to sort out his issues and if he doesn't and I'm completely wrong just know you are absolutely amazing and I adore you." Sweetpea smiled.
You blushed and looked away. "Thank you."
Sweetpea laughed. "I'm not hitting on you don't worry. I know you're Jughead's girl even if Jughead doesn't see it.
You playfully shoved him and laughed.
"Finally you're laughing and a genuine smile." Sweetpea said and stared at you in awe.
"Don't become too attracted to me." You giggled.
He laughed and stared at the sky. "We better get back we don't want any ill rumors."
You smiled and nodded.
"Can I drive?" You asked hopefully.
Sweetpea smiled. "No."
"Aww such a tease jerk." You whined.
Sweetpea laughed and handed you a helmet. "Hang on."
You grabbed onto him and you two started to drive all the way back home. After awhile it started to rain and you made it home.
"Wow look at how the light is reflecting with the rain." You said in awe.
Sweetpea stared into your E/C eyes and cupped your cheek and brought you closer and kissed you.