Chapter 35: Just the Beginning

You were at home going over papers with Veronica when your mom walked in.
"What's all this?" Mom asked.
"Archie overheard Mr Blossom saying he's the one responsible for putting Daddy in jail." Veronica said.
Your mom's face was in pure shock.
"So we did some digging and found a spreadsheet of Blossom Maple Farm to Lodge Industry until about five months ago." You said.
"When your father was arrested." Mom said.
"What if Clifford implicates Daddy to get out of the monthly fee?" Veronica asked worried.
"I wouldn't put it past the wig wearing monster." Mom said.
"Shouldn't we tell Dad's lawyers?" You asked.
"Well hold on if Clifford did arrange your father's arrest people might think Hiram had something to do with Jason Blossom's murder." Mom said.
"Do you think Dad could be responsible?" You asked.
"No honey don't make it worse by asking questions that no one else is asking." Mom said.
"Please you two don't bring the Blossom's into this. That includes Cheryl" Mom added.

You sighed you felt sick. You had issues with your family but if it's wrongly accused then there isn't anything wrong with Dad.

You were now at the movies with Jug.
"Hey so how was researching the Blossom's?" Jughead asked.
"Words can't even describe it." You sighed.
"What happened?" He asked.
"Just dug up stuff that if leaked to the public could make my father a suspect in Jason Blossom's death." You sighed.
"I'm sorry." Jughead asked.
"It's fine I love you Jug." You said.
"I love you too." Jughead said.
The movie was over.
"Ready to go to Archie's?" You asked.
"Of course." Jughead said.
You were walking with Jug and opened the door and turned on the lights.
"Surprise!" Everyone yelled.
"Huh this is why we left the double feature." Jughead mumbled.
"Happy birthday bro." Archie said.
"You really shouldn't have." Jughead whispered.
Everyone started to hug Jughead. Just then Betty walked singing happy birthday holding a cake.
"That was haunting Betty." Jughead said.
You kissed his cheek.
"Make a wish." You said.
"I wish it was just the two of us." Jughead whispered and blew out the candles.
"Me too." You whispered back.
Everyone clapped.

You, Jughead, and Betty walked back to see Veronica hugging Archie.
"Are we interrupting something?" You asked.
"No no I'm just not in a party mood." Veronica said.
"Makes two of us." You and Jughead said.
"Woah wait you aren't actually upset that I threw you a party?" Betty asked.
"It is nice Betty. I appreciate it but I would be happier if it was just the five of us or just F/N and I in a booth at Pops." Jughead said.
"Yeah but we always do that I wanted to do something special." Betty said.
"The road to the fire is paved with good intentions." Jughead said.
"Why is everything so gloomy with you Jug?! Why can't anything ever be normal for once?" Betty asked angry.
"I'm not normal. I'm not wired to be normal." Jughead said.
You placed a hand on his shoulder and you heard the doorbell ring.
"More people?" You asked.
"Inner circle only." Betty whined.
You all walked out to see everyone in high school come in.
"Did you really think you could have a party without inviting moi?" Cheryl asked.
"Or me?" Chuck asked.
"Where do you want the kegs?" Reggie asked.
"One in the kitchen one in the back yard." Archie said happily.
Everyone cheered.
You and Jug went into the kitchen annoyed.