Chapter 44: One Final Night

You were in your room packing your things away. You were 99% sure you were going so you decided to start packing.
"I can't believe you." Veronica complained.
You looked at her. "Why?"
"You're leaving Jug, Archie, Daddy, Mom, and me." She choked out.
You looked away and sighed not knowing what words to say.
"Why can't I be happy for once?" You asked.
"You're making this about you. I know this is hard but it's hard for me too. I love Jug and I love you  and I always will and I'll be back soon." You said tears streaming out of your eyes.
Veronica walked over and hugged you tightly. Both of you sobbing into each other's arms.
"I'm going to miss you." She cried.
"I'm going to miss you more." You cried as she hugged you tighter. 
Veronica wiped the tears in her eyes. "With this sad story happening. What about if we do something fun for your last day in Riverdale well at least until you're finished with that school." Veronica said.
"I'd love that." You smiled.
"Let me plan it. Stay here don't ruin the surprise." She said.

Veronica's POV
"I have no idea what I'm going to do but I do have someone I think I could talk to." I said.
I went to school and sat around hoping Jughead would come.
"I don't have red hair and I don't have a blonde ponytail. But I can tell something is on your mind. Do you want to talk?" Jughead asked.
"Of course.  The first thing is F/N." I said.
Jughead sighed. "How did I know."
"How is it so easy for you to let her go?" I asked.
"It's not. It kills me to think about. But I saw the way she beamed and the way her eyes lit up when she talked about it. I know she's safer there than here at least for the moment that is." Jughead said.
"I have grown up with her literally there hasn't been a moment we haven't been together. We were inseparable. Seeing her leave hurts me so much." I admitted.
"Well these are her final days here until she comes back that is. So maybe let's just do something fun." Jug said.
"Do you have any ideas on what to do?" I asked.
"I have one." Jug smirked.

Your POV
You finally finished packing everything. You were leaving tomorrow afternoon so you had to say your goodbyes now.  You wanted to cry thinking about saying your goodbyes to everyone. But it's something that had to be done. 
"Mija come here."  Mom said. You obeyed and saw a certain beanie wearing boy.
"Hi F/N." Jug said.  "I'm here to take you out on a special date night."
"Have fun F/N."  Mom smiled.
You took his arm and you guys walked to Pops.
"We haven't missed the song." Jug said and pointed to Josie and her band singing Milkshake.
"This is amazing." You smiled. Jug wrapped his arm around her.
"I'm going to miss this." You sighed.
"Hey this is an only smiles event." Jug said.
You and Jug were sitting in a booth enjoying a milkshake and burger.  You also saw your parents and Veronica talking.
"This is the perfect night." You thought.
"I have to give thanks to this lady right here. Without her Pops wouldn't be open." Pops said and pointed to Betty. Everyone clapped.
"Thank you Pops but this night isn't just about Pops it's also about a good friend of mine and the girlfriend of my friend F/N Lodge leaving Riverdale and going off to a new school and new beginnings. Let's give her a round of applause and send good vibes her way." Betty said with a hint of mischief in her voice.
Everyone smiled and clapped.
"I guess tonight is a win for the good guys." Betty smiled.
"A rare win but yes  thanks to you." Jughead said.
"F/N it sucks you're leaving so soon but I'm glad that you're doing what you want to do and hopefully when you return Riverdale is normal." Archie said.
You smiled. "Thanks to you guys you taught me what true friends  are. This will be different being without my twin and the love of my life. But I'm excited at the same time. Tomorrow is when I leave."
Jughead kissed you. "I'm going to text you everyday."
"I know." You smiled and kissed him again.

''Twas the end of the night and you were soon going to be off to Italy tomorrow. Fate has something special planned for you.