Chapter 57: No Rest For The Wicked

It was a new day and everyday in Riverdale just kept getting more and more crazy. With the Serpents protesting and Betty finding her long lost brother and you and Sweetpea. You didn't quite know where you guys stand you didn't put a label on it. As well no one really knew about what happened between you two except for Veronica. But her words about Jughead not talking to you kept running around in your mind.

"What did she even mean?" You pondered. 
Another thing that was bothering you was why Archie was running errands for your Dad. 
You walked outside and saw Veronica getting fitted for her confirmation.

"Your dress is gorgeous." You gushed.
"Yeah it is." Archie said stunned. 
"Thank you." Veronica smiled.
"Have you seen Dad?" You asked.
Your Mom looked at you confused. "Why do you want to see him?" 
"I just wanted to catch up with him." You lied.
"Before you go F/N are you getting confirmed with Veronica?" Archie asked.
You shook your head no. "I was already confirmed when I was like twelve."
Archie nodded understanding.
"Well your Dad should be back any minute." Your Mom said.
You nodded understanding and sat down. As Archie was talking to Veronica about the ceremony you were off in a daze.
"Well look at that my beautiful daughter getting confirmed in front of our family. Mija you made me the happiest and proudest father alive." Your Dad said.

"What do you think Archie isn't she a miracle?" Your Dad asked.
"She is. She definitely is." Archie smiled.
"Dad not to interrupt this beautiful moment but can we talk in private?" You asked.
"Of course come into my office." Your Dad instructed.
You nodded and walked in.

"What's troubling you mija?" Your Dad asked.
"Why is Archie running errands for you?" You questioned.
"Is this what it's about?" Your Dad asked with a slight chuckle.
"Yes it's weird." You said.
"It's best to not poke your nose in places it doesn't belong. I should be asking you why you were with a Serpent in the pouring rain." Your Dad said in a serious tone.
Your breath hitched. "How do you know that?"
"I have people watching everywhere mija." He stated.  "I'm always one step ahead of everything don't worry about anything."
You looked at him and stormed away.

You went to school and you were sitting with everyone in except Sweetpea wasn't around.
"I already invited Archie but I wanted to invite you guys too. You guys are my chosen family." Veronica said.
"What's the dress code?" Kevin asked.
"Catholic chic." Veronica answered.
"Are you getting confirmed F/N?" Betty asked.
"No I got confirmed when I was twelve." You said.
"I missed it I would have loved seeing it." Jughead said.
"To make fun of me?" You asked raising your eyebrow.
"Maybe." He laughed to himself.

Sweetpea came in holding a bouquet of flowers.
"Here F/N these are for you." Sweetpea said and kissed your cheek.
"Awww thank you." You said.
"So should I be happy for you?" Jughead asked with a fake smile.
"Why are you acting like this?" You asked.
"I just want to know who we should be happy for and who we shouldn't be happy for." Jughead replied.
"Are you happy with him? Does he make you happy? Do you think he's the one? Let me know how you feel." Jughead said walking over to you.
You stood up placing the flowers on the seat.
"Jug this isn't you."
He grabbed your wrist and pulled you to his ear and everyone then stood up walking over to you.
"Then I guess you never really knew me F/N." He hissed.
You pulled away and looked at the mark he left on your wrist.  "You're crazy."
He looked at you eyes filled with sadness and remorse and walked away just then his name and Betty's was called on the intercom.
Sweetpea held you protectively. "I promise nothing bad will happen to you as long as I'm here."
You smiled at him but something still unsettled you.

  You decided to go to the White Wyrm instead of seeing the Mayor and her daughter. You were standing with Sweetpea, Toni, and Jughead while FP was giving a speech. 
"Is anyone in this room responsible for cutting off the head?" FP asked.
"Why don't you ask your son?" Tall boy asked.
"What's your problem with me Tall boy?" Jughead asked.
"You wrote the article that started this mess! You and your group fired the opening the shot." Tall boy said.
"It was a peaceful protest!" Toni interjected.
"He probably doesn't even  know how to define a peaceful protest don't let him bother you Toni this is the sort of blinkered philistine ignorance I've come to expect." You jumped in.
"I'd shut my mouth if I were you girl that protest changed nothing. So who's to say that Jug and his girlfriends didn't go back there." He claimed.

"Hey!" You yelled. You ran up to Tall boy showing to everyone that you had no fear.
"We didn't do it! Jughead didn't do it! I know he didn't do it but with the way you are talking I'm sure it was you who did it and you're just trying to frame Jughead because of your little vendetta against him!" You yelled.
Tall boy pushed you and Sweetpea ran and caught you while Jughead ran in front.
"Tall boy don't you ever push F/N again or else there will be consequences! You're the tallest guy in this room you wouldn't even need a ladder I think F/N is on to something." Jughead said.
FP ran down to try and break up the fight.
"The last thing we need right now is to turn on each other!" FP said.

FP looked at you. "F/N are you hurt? Are you okay?"
"Yeah yeah I'm fine." You said.
"I'm going to drive her home you guys try not to get into any fights with Tall boy." FP said and picked you up and carried you.
"I'm fine FP I don't need to be carried." You said.
"Yeah I know but there's two reasons if Hiram ever found out that would be the end of me and two I need to talk to you about Jughead." FP said.
You nodded understanding.
"Whether or not that boy will admit it he needs you more whether that's as a friend or something more always stick by him please for me. Unless something super dangerous happens then leave for your own safety. But that boy he cares about you deeply I don't know who or what has something over him but he's not acting like himself. Don't let this push you away." FP explained.
"I won't. But are you implying that someone may have something on him?" You asked.
"I put my foot in my mouth. I don't know for certain but if someone does don't go looking for trouble okay?" FP asked.
You nodded.

"Good now lets get you home." FP said and took you home.
When you got home you thanked FP for the ride but you walked inside and over heard about Archie beating up Nick and your father being impressed by his actions. 
You shook your head. "Why is Riverdale so crazy?" 
You sat down and you were reflecting on your Dad's words about his spies.
"The only person who knew was Veronica. So she is working for Dad. What else are they doing?" You wondered. 
You then received two texts one from Jughead and one from Sweetpea.
Jughead: Hey sorry for the way I have been acting I hope you can forgive me. It sucks not having you around. I miss you. But I have been a jerk and I understand why you wouldn't want to be friends. But the way you handled yourself at the white wyrm tonight that was amazing!"
You smiled at the text maybe you two could make some amends. You then read Sweetpea's message.
Sweetpea: Hey babygirl I hope you are doing okay. Trust me I yelled at Tall boy and Toni and Jug had to hold me back from fighting him. I can't believe he touched you. But when you confronted him I really saw how brave you are and it was amazing. I just love seeing how passionate and brave you are. I wish I could see you but I'll see you again soon. Take care of yourself for me.

You smiled at his message kind of unsure about how you feel about the both of them. You stared at the flowers from Sweetpea and you saw a photo of you and Jug. You took the photo and one of the flowers and held them both as you went to bed with a smile on your face.