Chapter 48: A Silent Ballad

Jughead's POV
I was sitting at Pops thinking to myself. I thought about Riverdale and how the Southside students are supposedly going to transfer to Riverdale High and how big of a mess that's going to be. I thought about the Blackhood and how he is killing the sinful. I thought about Nick St Clair and how glad I was F/N wasn't around because from what I could tell he kind of had feelings for her.
Flashback
"Nick this is Jughead Jones F/N's boyfriend." Veronica introduced.
He looked me up and down as if I wasn't worth the dust on his feet.
"You're F/N's boyfriend?" He almost said in laughter.
"Yeah what's so funny about that?" I asked crossing my arms.
"I just figured since she is in Italy she would have chosen someone from a higher class like me." He chuckled.
"Be nice. Jughead is an amazing boyfriend to her and she's happy." Veronica said with a slight glare as if to tell Nick to shut up.
"She's happy... in Italy if she was so happy in Riverdale with Lughead Jones she would have stayed." Nick commented.
"It's Jughead first off. Second off I wanted her to go and we're still together and I love her and I trust her." I glared.
"I'm leaving Veronica nice friend you got here." I whispered and walked out feeling angry and also a bit insecure.
Back to reality
But even if that exchanged happened it doesn't change a thing I'm still comfortable in my relationship with her.   I hope she is doing well in Italy and  I'm just glad she's safe as much as I would want her to be in my arms right now. I know she is safe far away from Riverdale.   I walked outside and stared glumly wishing F/N was here with me.
"What are you so deep in thought about?" Toni asked curiously.
"Everything going on. The Serpents, Blackhood, Nick St Clair, Penny." I said getting angry.
"No Jug what are you really thinking about? What's making you feel the way you feel? Yes those things have an effect but there's something else isn't there?" Toni pried.
I got up and I kicked a trash can. "I miss F/N okay!?"
"I can tell she means something to you. She must be an amazing girl. She's going to be back in your arms soon enough trust me on that." Toni reassured me and put her hands on my arms with a slight smile.
"I wish she was just here." I sighed. Toni looked at me sadly. "But that's selfish. She's safe in Italy. You may not have been able to protect her if she was here right now." Toni said.  "Penny could have used her as leverage." She added.
I nodded knowing that she was right. If F/N was here anything could have happened to her. But since she isn't here F/N is having the time of her life in Italy living her dreams with no fear of her being hurt. As well I don't have that fear but if she was here I might not be able to protect her I might have gotten her hurt.
"You aren't you right now Jug." Toni whispered. "Go home."
"Goodnight Toni." I said. As I was walking I kept on thinking about F/N. The way she laughed, her smile, her gorgeous E/C eyes and her H/L H/C hair and the way she made my heart flutter. It was as if I could see her.
I continued walking until I stopped under the moonlight where I saw a familiar figure.  A girl with H/L H/C hair and from what I could tell she had E/C eyes.  My eyes widened.
"No I must be dreaming this isn't real." I mumbled. 
The figure turned to me and smiled.  My eyes widened I was in utter  shock.  Words couldn't come out it was if I was frozen in time. The figure started walking towards me and I could feel my heart pounding as the figure got closer to me.  It was as if a silent ballad had happened. As the figure came even closer a smile on her face a smile appeared on mine realizing who it was.