Shaynes Gift

At around seven people started to come. I was dressed up but not too stylishly since I was still cooking. I wore a white button down shirt with the first few buttons undone and a pair of black box cut pants with white stripes. I decided to wear some plain black strappy heals cause why not, it was my birthday after all! I put my hair into a messy bun because I couldn't really do much else with it.

Everyone that came in was so happy and I couldn't stop smiling. The girls looked so pretty and Olivia gave me a voucher to a nail salon. I think she only got it so she could come but I didn't mind because I would've brought her anyway.

We all sat down for dinner but Shayne wasn't here. I started getting nervous, what if he didn't want to come? Then I heard a knock on the door I stood up and went to answer it. My hands started to sweat and my heart was pounding. I answered it and Shayne turned around. He looked so good in a burgundy short sleeved shirt and some plain black jeans. He still had a bit of stubble, which I loved!

" Hey umm sorry I'm late, I uh had to collect this." He said gesturing to a bag he was carrying. "Oh sorry come in! Shayne there was really no need to get me something!" He gave me the bag and I took out two present wrapped in copper paper. I place them on the Kitchen counter and said with a smile "Oooh copper my favourite, what a coincidence that the shop uses my favourite colour!" "Yeah I know" Shayne said looking at his feet. He was really nervous for some reason.

I opened the smaller present first. It was a long rectangle black box, I opened it to see Shayne had got my a copper cappo for my guitar. "Woah Shayne this is so cool, thank you!" Shayne seemed to get a both more confident and said "That's not the best one!" He was smirking now and I was confused but excited to see what it was. I opened it. It was a big white journal with my name engraved in copper once again. "Oh god Shayne, this is gorgeous!" I rubbed my hand across it feeling the leathery covering on my fingers. "This must have cost-" Shayne stopped me before I could finish. "Open it!" I did as I was told and saw my name was printed on the right corner of each page. "Shayne!" I could feel tears coming but I just hugged him. "I thought you could use it for writing your songs." "That's the nicest thing anyone's every given me! Thank you!"

I felt Shayne hand touch my back and we just stood there for a minute but it felt like so much longer. "We should probably go in, right?" Shayne said pulling away. "Yeah they must be starved waiting for YOU!" I gave him one of my playful punches and we headed into the dining room.

I wish he hadn't pulled away. It felt safe in his arms. It felt right. I wished me could do it all night.