Its Not a Date!

Shayne hadn't come home and I was starting to worry. It was a Friday night and that meant the new episodes what ever show everyone was binging and a movie. "Dames, where's Shayne, I haven't seen him all day!" I asked as I walked over with a bowl of popcorn. He looked up from his phone and nodded in thanks for the popcorn. "Oh he's shooting a sketch. They didn't like the one from a few weeks back, I don't think it came out well." Damien explained.

"He was shooting? He never told me, what was it about?" I asked as I scooped some minstrels into my mouth. "I'm not sure, some made up Jewish holiday?" He said and we both looked at each other confused and laughed.

"What do we do now?" I asked looking at the spread of snacks on the table then quickly back at Damien. "Well let's watch the movie and if he comes back in time we can switch to GOT." He smirked mischievously and reached out grabbing the Polaroid camera. "Say cheese!" He chimed through his gritted teeth.

The camera flashed and I blinked away the spots as the photo developed. I bent over onto the coffee table and picked up the photo album. Flicking over the card pages I looked at how our relationship had grown since that first night, not just Shayne and mines but all of us. Months of friendship boiled down to one half filled albums. I scoffed thinking how full it would be in a year.

"You good?" Damien asked as he placed the new picture in its place and wrote the date next to it. I glanced up and nodded "yeah! What movie do you want to watch while we wait?" I questioned as I slammed the album shut softly before putting it back on the coffee table.

"I think they just added the goonies to Netflix or there's-." He began but I screeched. "I love the goonies, please Dames!" I pleaded pouting my lips and held my hands up to my chin. "I beg you!" I said dramatically and gave my best puppy dog eyes.

He sighed and said okay and went to turn it on as I squealed into a pillow from excitement. Damien really was a saint putting up with me.

The movie was nearly over by time Shayne came home. "Hey bud! How was filming?" Damien asked while still looking at the movie. Shayne gave a tired sigh and plonked onto the couch. "Good but I'm just glad it's done, the other one just wasn't coming together."

"You never told me you were filming a sketch! You know I normally help you go over your lines with you." I stated confused as I looked over Damien towards Shayne. He stuttered at first but then looked at me with dead eyes. "It's okay I didn't have that many!" He tried explaining but his smile left and he scratched his neck. "Besides it was the same morning we-." "Shhh this is the best bit!" Damien shouted cutting Shayne off. I turned meekly to the movie knowing all too well what the end of his sentence was.

"How is this the best bit Damien? There kids isn't it a bit weird?" Shayne chuckled and rubbed his stubble. "I know but I always liked it as a kid!" Damien mumbled behind a fistful of popcorn. "Same, there's something romantic about it." I said dreamily. "Why? Kissing in the water, you're already wet and cold and you're clothes are soggy!" Shayne argued.

"Woah Shayne! I thought you were a big romantic guy!" Damien joked but he was right. The break up must have really messed with him. "Nearly every great romance story has a kiss in some sort of water or rain. The notebook? There's something special about it, maybe it's just a girls thing but if that happened to any girl her legs would go to jelly, trust me!" I ranted and once I looked at the two guys Damien started laughing soon followed by Shayne and myself chuckling.

I got up fairly early to get myself somewhat presentable to meet Daniel. I mean I wasn't trying to make myself look good for him but I didn't want to scare him and everyone in the cafe looking like a zombie.

I threw on some light wash denim skinny jeans, my black vans, a white thin strap top and a plain black and white oversized shirt. Actually it could've been Shayne's, I did smell like him. I just left my hair in its natural curly mess and prayed for it to cooperate with me throughout the day.

I walked out of my room passing the guys watching a game. "Have any of you seen my keys" I asked as I frantically searched the counter tops for them, throwing up magazines and books. "Try the bowl!" Damien chimed, both of the guys keeping there eyes glued to the screen. "Oh yeah good luck on your date!" He said but immediately covered his mouth.

Shayne turned around. "You're going on a date?" He asked shocked. "No it's not a date." I stuttered. "It's not!" I repeated more firmly. Shayne nodded his head as Damien sat awkwardly in the middle of us.

"You know it's okay if it was, since you know I'm over you." Shayne brushed away calmly. "Shayne!" Damien gasped horrified. I scoffed. "No it's okay Damien. Shayne you broke up with me, you shouldn't you've nothing to get over." I strutted out of the apartment grabbing my keys harshly from the bowl.

Damien POV
Bobbie slammed the door, nearly taking it off its hinges. "Shayne what is wrong with you?" I asked shaking my head. "You really need to stop messing with her head!" He gasped and flung his hands up and hitting them on the soft fabric of the couch.

"Oh I'm messing with her? That's rich!" He growled and stood up and stomped off towards his room. I moaned knowing I needed to talk to him and see what was the matter.

I peered into his room. He was lying on his back on his bed and rubbing his face with his hands. "Damien, out please!" He grumbled softly. He was calming down at least. "Shayne you need to tell me what's wrong! I can't be walking around eggshells every time the two of you are in the same room!" I pleaded and paused waiting for a response. Anything to break the tension.

"Fine!" He sighed sitting up on the bed. He took a few deep breaths. "I think...."