Girls Gotta Stick Together

Shayne POV
I had been laying in bed for a while looking out at the morning sun rising over the buildings. A nice amber glow filled the room. Bobbi would always give out to me for leaving the blinds opened but who wouldn't want to wake up to such a gorgeous sight?

A gentle sigh caused me to look over at her. She had worked her way on to my chest and was nuzzling in tighter, her body fighting to stay asleep. I couldn't help but smile, everything about her was so gentle and calming.

God I had really fallen for her!

"Morning." She muttered under her breath, keeping her eyes shut but not as tightly as before. "Good morning!" I said cheerfully, wrapping my arm around her back causing her to sit up a little. "How can you be this happy after so much drink last night?" Bobbie said almost growling. Needless to say she wasn't a morning person, especially when hungover.

"I don't know maybe it's this gorgeous red, glowing sight in front of me!" I cooed squeezing Bobbie a little. I waited for her to smile before adding. "Oh and you're not that bad either!" She scoffed and immediately hit my face with a pillow. "Ow!" "Serves you right!" She laughed.

We both were brought out of our thoughts when the front door creaked open. "Is that Dames?" She asked and I shrugged. We glanced at each momentarily, we both had the same idea though. Quickly we clambered out of the bed and ran out the dirt and down the hallway. "Hey Damien?" I called out. He stopped with one foot in his room and his hand on the handle. Sighing he turned to us.

"Morning." He gave a small wave. "What are you doing back already? Did everything go okay last night?" Bobbie asked while tying up her dressing gown before sitting on one of the stools at the breakfast bar. "No last night was fine I thought it would be awkward if we woke up together thats all!" He said before trying to step into his room one more time. "Wait," I "you mean you just left? Is she still asleep?"

I leant on the counter top, the cold stone against my bare chest and arms making me flinch a little. Damien's face looked confused he honestly had no idea why we were scolding him. "I mean that was kind of the point. Leave before it was awkward. You guys know how much I don't like awkward situations!" He argued. I could see Bobbie out of the corner of my eye shaking her head. I couldn't tell if she was disappointed or amused by Damien's nativity.

"Dames, this isn't some random girl! It's Boze! You work with her!" Her head perked up. "Quickly text her to say you're gone getting coffee and go back to hers! Now!" She exclaimed making Damien jump and forget his surroundings. Quickly he got his keys and stammering he went out the door. "Thanks guys!" I hung my head in my hands and laughed while Bobbie sighed.

Bobbie POV (later that day)

Shayne and I had made plans earlier to go and grab lunch together and I was on my way to go get him. As I was making my way down the halls I briefly looked up from my phone to see Courtney standing at the end of the hall in her phone. I thought maybe if I kept my head down and pretending to be reading something she wouldn't say anything. Oh how I was wrong.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder I turned around. "Hey!" She was beaming which was strange, normally she was really meek or quiet around me. "Hi Courtney?" I mumbled with my head tilted slightly. Why is she so happy? "Look, I just want to say I'm sorry." She stated holding her phone in both hands below her stomach. "Courtney it's okay you've already apologised and I just want to move in from this." I sighed but now she looked confused.

"Oh I wasn't apologising for that," she started catching my interest making me stop dead in my tracks and turn around to her. "I meant about last night. I know you and Shayne hadn't been broken up long but he made a move on me and." I stopped her right there. "What are you on about? Shayne and I are still together!" I but she only gave me a confused helpless look. "He told me last night before we made out. He said you'd be cool with it. I mean, he even wanted to go further but I stopped him." She said while batting her eyelashes.

She reached out to put her hand on my shoulder but I scoffed and stepped back. "Why would I believe anything you say Courtney?" She nodded and looked at the ground. "I know it seems crazy but I'm being honest. Ask Shayne see what he says. I'm only trying to look out for you." That last sentence stung like a sharp knife had stabbed me. I bet she wasn't saying that when her tongue was down his throat. "Sure!" I and walked off.

All through the car ride and during lunch my conversation with Courtney was ringing through my head. I was looking at my food with my fork lost in my thoughts. "You gonna finish that?" Shayne asked and I shook my head. "No go on ahead." I pushed the container over to Shayne and gave a small smile. Shayne had begun a conversation about a new show he was watching when I got a text from Courtney.

Sighing in defeat I interrupted Shayne. "I'm sorry but did you make out with Courtney last night?" I asked almost laughing at the thought. "Really Bobbie?" He sighed leaning back in his chair. "I know it's just-." I started but stopped Shayne rubbing his hands over his face. "Courtney said you'd be like this! Can you not give it a break. Why are you acting so paranoid?" He huffed. "Wait what?" I scoffed laughing nervously. "Courtney came to me this morning crying saying you had been threatening her to stay away from me and claiming I had made out with her!"

Oh lord, the list of words I had to describe her in that moment was very long, and none of them nice. "I haven't been doing that! She came up to me this morning!" I argued holding onto Shayne's hands on the table. "Why would I ever do that? All I'm trying to do is be kind and civil, I'm not threatening anybody!" I pleaded but Shayne stood up and grabbed his jacket. "I'll walk back to the office. I'll see you tonight." And he walked away leaving me sitting at the table with my mouth wide open in shock. What was Courtney's game plan?

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Hey guys I'm so sorry for the delay I honestly thought I had this uploaded but any way it's here now haha.
-E