Its A Date

The next morning I trudged up the stairs to the apartment. I unlocked the door and took a few steps and saw Shayne sitting on the couch. I dropped my bag with a sigh and walked over to him.

He turned his head around and noticed me. "Hey!" I murmured with a soft smile. Shayne nodded and said hi in a low tone. He turned his head back and switched off the television. I slouched down next to him and we both leaned back. "We need to talk about last night." I started. "Yeah, I think so too." Shayne agreed. Both of us were keeping our focus dead ahead , not looking at each other.

"I don't want to sound like a I dick or anything," He began and I sniggered "why do I feel like there's a but?" I joked half heartedly. "But," He emphasised "I did mean it last night. I think we need to break up."

We both sighed and I nodded. "Yeah, I know." I inched closer to him and he wrapped his arm around me. I put my head on his chest, listening carefully to his breath. "We were good together, weren't we?" I ask raspy. Shayne scoffed and I look up to see a slight smirk on his face. "Yeah, we were." He sighed and I looked back to the wall. "I still love you, you know that Bobbie!" He whispered. "I love you too Shayne."

Three weeks later.
Boze and Olivia had come over and we were making dinner. Olivia leaned over the pot, held her hair and took a deep whiff. "God I love pasta!" She hummed as Boze and I giggled.

I walked over to the pot and served up three plates. "Are you okay Bobbie? You seem really quiet today." Boze asked and I snapped out of my daydream. "Hmm? Oh yeah, I've just been thinking." I mumbled and handed them the plates. Olivia immediately started eating but Boze was looking at me with a quizzical face.

"What?" I laughed and started poking my food with my fork. "What are you thinking about? Or should I ask who?" She questioned and my mouth opened wide. "Ha! I knew it!" She exclaimed and Olivia perked up from her plate.

"Well, when do you think it's okay to meet someone after a breakup? Like how long, give me a number." I asked shyly. "Few days?" Boze said bluntly but Olivia scoffed and shook her head. "A month at the least! And are you planning on going on a date?" She questioned with her eyes wide.

I shook my head "no. Well, I don't know really." Both of the girls looked at me confused and I handed them my phone. "Do you remember Daniel from the play?" I muttered as they both nodded. "Yeah He was cute, right?" Boze giggled.

"Wait! You didn't answer him back?" Olivia screeched

"Wait! You didn't answer him back?" Olivia screeched. "It's been almost and hour!" "And a half!" Boze pipped in. I threw up my hands "I didn't know what to say!" I exclaimed.

I looked down at my plate for a second but rose my head quickly hearing giggling. "What did you do?" I grabbed my phone. "Sorry was with friends. I would love coffee tomorrow? Really!" I screamed and hid my face in my arms in the counter.

Just then Damien came in the door. "Hey guys. Ooh something smells good!" He smiled and made eye contact with Boze who was looking down at her feet. "Oh, umm, hey Boze!" He stuttered as her face went red. "Hi." She squeaked. Olivia laughed but was cut short by the sound of my phone vibrating on the counter.

"Ooh what did he say?" Olivia asked as Boze grabbed the phone. "Who are we talking about?" Damien asked slightly puzzled and looked into the phone. "Are you going on a date?" He asked. "I've no privacy in this house! And no it's not a date! Right?" My ears farted around the room looking for anyone to help me.

I looked at their smirks and sighed "what did he say?" I groaned in defeat. "See you then!" Boze cheered holding out the phone to my face. They all laughed but I stayed silent. Damien walked over to the fridge and grabbed the milk. "Hey Dames?" He turned around and gave me a small smile. "Bobbie you shouldn't be worried about him. He broke up with you and it's almost been a month, relax." He sympathies softly and smiled once again seeing me nod my head.

I know I shouldn't have worried what Shayne thought or felt but I still cared for him, he was my friend after all. Daniel was sweet though and really caring. I thought we'd meet up for coffee once maybe text a few times but I never thought everything would escalate as quickly as it did. How was I supposed to know?