Step into my office

Jeff Buckley- hallelujah

"I don't want this to become a one time thing." That's what he said but sure enough it be an a one time thing. It had been two weeks since the "event", to be honest I didn't know what to call it. I was far too busy to be thinking about Shayne, but I still did.

I had to go into the smosh office to collect Olivia for our girly day that we did once every month. I didn't know where she was since she wasn't answering her phone. She was probably at a shoot somewhere. I wanted to hang around for her so I went to one of my favourite people in the office. "Hey joe!" I peeped my head around the door and gave him a little wave. "Hey something's come up I'll have to call you back." I hated how he would drop everything for me in a blink of an eye but I secretly loved it.

Joe got up from his desk and walked around to me. I gave him a little hug and sat down. "Where have you been, I haven't seen you around here in a while!" He was leaning against his desk with his hands on it for support. "Sorry I've been really busy!" I pushed a bit of my hair behind my ear and looked at my nails. I was glad that me and Olivia were going to get ours done, I really needed some TLC. "Bobbie is something up?" Joe crossed his arms and looked down at me. "Nothing I'm just thinking of my songs I need to write and lines I need to learn." "And guy troubles?" Joe looked down and raised his eyebrows up. "Wha, how did-, who told you?" "You just did!" Joe had a smug face on him as he walked around to sit at his desk.

I pressed my hands against my forehead. I couldn't believe I fell for that. "Go on, talk to me!" I let out a big sigh as I thought very carefully about what I was going to say. "Well, if you must know" I slouched back into the seat prepping myself for Joes reaction. "What does it mean if a guy says he wants to do something again, but it's been a good while and he hasn't been in touch?" "Huh, I think some guys get nervous after a date and want to play it cool and" This was going to be so awkward. "Joe, it wasn't a date though." "Okay so more of a chill hang out thing?" He leaned forward, his face was all scrunched up and he looked at me confused. "Ummm a bit more than a hang out." I could feel my face getting red. "Bobbie if I don't know what it was I can't help!"

I honestly couldn't tell if he was trying to make me spell it out for him or if he really couldn't tell. "Joe it was waaayyy more than hanging out." I tilted my head down slightly and raised my eyebrows. "Oh, I get it!" He mumbled quietly. I could see that he was thinking as he leaned back and rubbed his stubble. "Do you know him well?" I nodded, what did that have to do with it? "Hmmm, I get it. I think he's nervous and guys can be really stupid when there nervous!"

I chuckled and nodded in agreement. "Is he hot?" "Jesus Joe!" I looked up at him half laughing half shocked. "Well?" "Yes!" I said without hesitation and grinned thinking of Shayne. "And was it just a physical attraction so?" Was it? I honestly didn't know. "I don't know"

"See this is the problem, both of you don't know how to feel about one another! I'll help do you like him?" I nodded. "Do you think about him?" I nodded again. "Think hard about this one okay, how does it feel when you're with him?" I did as Joe said and thought hard. "He makes me feel great and warm. I always laugh when I'm with him. I feel special when he talks to me or laughs at my awful jokes."

"So you really like him, I'd even go as far as to say you might just love him with a bit more work. And you're such a great girl Bobbie I'm sure he feels the same. And if he doesn't he's crazy!" I could feel tears nearly coming up in my eyes. Everyone said Joe was the smosh uncle but to me he was my dad away from home.

The conversation was interrupted by my phone buzzing. It was a text from Olivia. "Oh I gotta go. Thanks so much I feel way better!" I got up a gave him a tight hug. I walk towards the door and opened it but stopped before leaving. I turned to ask Joe a question. "Hey Joe, what did you mean about work?" He looked up from the phone and stopped typing in a number. "Love needs constant work from both sides and a bit of risk for it to keep going!" He finished typing the number and held the phone to his ear. "Yeah this is Joe Bereta. Yes sorry about earlier something important came up.

And with that I left Joes office with a smile and a weight lifted off my shoulders. I looked down at my phone and saw Olivia's text.

Just out of a shoot. I'll meet you in the break room xx