A Not-So-Double-Date

The photoshoot ran on longer than I expected. Just before I was about to wipe off all my makeup I looked at the time on my lock screen and gasped. "Crap!" I cursed. The wardrobe stylist turned around. "Is everything okay sweetie?" she asked. She was a tiny woman with white hair and thick pointy black glasses that hung around her neck like a necklace.

"Yeah, I'm just late for a dinner." I sighed and tapped my phone screen with my nude nails. "I'll just call Damien and cancel." I explained and held my phone up to my ear.  "No No!" She thew her hands up in the air. I stopped looking at her quite confused. "Go right now we're all done now anyway!"

I gave her a soft smile and shook my head. "Thanks Bridget but it'll take me half and hour to get home and more to get changed! I'll just cancel." Honestly I felt disappointed as I listened to the dialling tone. I was really looking forward to having a normal night for once.

Rustling from behind me broke me out of my thoughts. I turned in my chair and saw Bridget grabbing clothes from the rail by the door. Then I heard a voice coming from the phone "Hello?" Damien answered.

I opened my mouth go talk but the phone was ripped from my hands by Bridget. "Hello, I'm a friend of Bobbie's, she told me to call and say she's running late but will meet you shortly! That's all thank you." She spoke clearly and precisely, then hung up.

She turned her head to me. "Now," she took a deep breath. "You're to go and put on that outfit." She demanded. She hand me the phone and folded her arms. "Quickly!" I jumped up from my seat and ran behind the

"So are you going to tell me who you're going on this date with?" Bridget teased as she inspected her nails. "It's not a date!" I quickly answered back. "Hmm" she hummed. I chuckled as I stepped into the dress. "Well if you must know," I began feeling my cheeks heat up. "Its a dinner to celebrate Damien getting his own place."

"The quiet one?" Bridget asked surprised and I said yes. Now she was fiddling with her lose pixie cut, flicking strands back and forth. "Yes." "But that's not the one you're all giddy about?" She made eye contact with me over the top of the       . I rolled my eyes but smiled. "Well Boze will be there. And Shayne too." My smile grew wider after saying his name. Even after what he said this morning I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him.

"Oh dear God! Him?" Bridget groaned and squinted her eyes at me. I looked back at her stupidly. What was that about? "Sweetie how many times has he made you cry? Let's narrow it down to the past month, maybe that will make it easier." She answered dryly.

"How do you know about me and Shayne?" Shocked I asked her with you mouth wide opened. She shook her head and let out a loud "Ha! You had a picture of the two of you for two months then one day it's gone? Also you stoped wearing oversized hoodies that I'm guessing were his?"

All I could do was nod stupidly which Bridget mimicked back. Sighing I looked down at my black strappy heels. "I really like him Bridge!" I stepped out from behind the      . Bridget twirled her finger around signalling for me to circle around showing off the black sparkly dress. It had a gorgeous low lose neckline, spaghetti straps and low back. It was lose but tight in the areas it needed to be, if you know what I mean.

"Well now," Bridget spoke softly. She walked over to the rail and pulled out a big fluffy black jacket and put it around my shoulders. "Gorgeous, very Julia Roberts in pretty woman!" I saw her smile for the first time in two years! Never before had I seen that. " It's lovely but I can't wear this!" I protested. She tutted and waved her right arm. "I know it's very last season! Now go!" She shoved me out the door.