Whats Your Problem?

Precisely three weeks and five dates later,
Daniel and I were starting to hang out more and more with each other. He'd come over to my apartment and I'd go over to his. Things were getting pretty serious.

"Wait! You're parents left you in the airport after your holiday? I don't believe you!" I exclaimed laughing. I sat up onto my legs, grabbing one of the couch cushions. "It's true! I mean they only forgot about me for about three minutes but still!" Daniel chuckled. I picked up my phone and noticed the time displayed on my lock screen.

"Shit it's ten to five! They'll be home soon!" I panicked, leaping off the couch to find his jacket. "You know it would make things a lot easier if you just told your roommates about me." He said smoothly, softly holding onto my shoulders. Then bringing his thumb up to my cheek and softly rubbing it.

"It's not like I don't want to tell them, I mean Damien already knows about us kinda." I mumbled. "So what is it?" He asked looking deep into my blue eyes before quickly breaking away as the door opened up and the two boys poured into the apartment laughing.

"Hey!" Dames chimed with a large happy grin on his face. "You must be Daniel! Nice to meet you!" "Ah! I'm guessing you're Damien?" Daniel smiled back and shook Damien's hand. I glanced quickly over to Shayne who was giving all three of us daggers. "Daniel this is Shayne! Shayne, Daniel." I mumbled trying to avoid the awkward silence and evil looks.

I darted my eyes up to Daniel. He gave his head on slow nod. I think he knew what I was talking about earlier and he knew a lot more about Shayne than either of them would have liked. "Heard a lot about you!" Daniel reached out his hand, playing this situation off a lot more cooler than I was. "Huh!" Shayne grunted. "Bobbie hasn't mentioned you. Not even once!"

He flicked his eyes at me making a chill go down my spine. What on earth was his problem? Damien, obviously feeling tension and wanting to fix it, said "Daniel why don't you stay for dinner? We got Thai!" He chuckled nervously holding up the brown paper bag.

"Oh no, I couldn't! Really I have to be at a rehearsal in half an hour." He grinned awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck. "It was nice meeting you!" He nodded to the boys. "See you tomorrow?" He asked giving me a peck on the cheek and I hummed nodding.

He waved goodbye as he walked out the door. And as soon as it closed Shayne stopped leaning against the wall and grunted. I followed him with my eyes as he stomped to his room. "I'm sorry I lost track of time, it won't happen again!" I explained to Damien. He lifted up his hands and the bag too. "Bobbie, it's not me that has a problem! Trust me, by the sounds of I think he's pretty cool." He patted my shoulder and walked into the kitchen.

"Maybe you should be having this conversation with him!" He flicked his head towards Shayne room. I sighed and nodded.

I knocked gently onto Shayne's door. He didn't say anything so I slowly opened the door so I could peer in a few inches. "Shayne?" Still no response but I could hear rustling. "Fine I'm coming in!" I walked straight in and shut the door behind me.

He was at his closet getting changed. "Can we talk?" I asked meekly getting only a grunt in response. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Daniel but I didn't know how to tell you!" I spat out tired of the silence. Shayne flung off his top in frustration. "I'll introduce you two properly another time but the least you can do in be civil!" I rose my voice.

Shayne stopped putting the hoodie over his head and turned around to me. "You want me to be civil?" He growled. "How!" His voice was getting louder and crosser with every word. "For starters you can stop staring at me and making me feel uncomfortable every two minutes!" I yelled back. "You're uncomfortable!" He scoffed. "Please!"

I went to walk out of the room but he grabbed my wrist. Heat radiating from his body into mine. "Shayne let go of me!" I said sternly. "Can you not think about anyone but yourself for once!" He yelled back but much softer this time. I shook my head and knitted my eyebrows together. "I don't understand." I mumbled.

Shayne's face went as white as a sheet. His pupils took up most of his iris, leaving only a sliver of his blue showing. "Forget it!" He waved his hand. "It doesn't matter!" He spoke normally. "Obviously not if it's upsetting you! Shayne you got to tell me if I've done something!" I pleaded softly. "Please just tell me what's wrong!" My voice cracked.

Shayne sat onto his bed harshly causing him to bounce slightly. He let out a deep sigh and buried his face into his hands. "It's just not the right time, not now." He alluded through his hands. This caused me to walk over to him and bend down grabbing gently onto his hands. He looked down at me and I repeated "please!"

He took a deep breath and looked at me with puppy dog eyes. "Bobbie," he started and I nodded lightly with a sympathetic smile. "I love you." He blurted. I was shocked "I don't think you should be with Daniel."