Morning Coffee

I woke up feeling a crick in my neck. After that nightmare I couldn't get to sleep. There was something eery about it almost as if it was a premonition. "Took you long enough to wake up!" Daniel scoffed as I sat up on the bed. "You spent all last night tossing and turning, I thought I wouldn't get a wink of sleep!"

I shrugged off the remark and smiled. "Jesus, you've really scratched up my back this time!" Daniel chuckled. "And what are you gonna do about it?" I teased. He pretended to gasp "Oh really! Really you wanna play that game?" He said rolling over on the bed to lay on top of me. He held my hands down in the bed. "Are you gonna say sorry now?" He asked smugly. I just shrugged my shoulders and giggled. He just shrugged his shook his head and tutted. "Wrong answer!"

He bit down on the lower part of my neck giving me a hickey. I gasped while laughing "Daniel! I have a photo shoot today!" "I have to go to the gym twice today, hows this going to look!" He pointed to his back with his thumb. Getting off the bed and pulling up his black skinny jeans. "Won't it just make you look like some kind of alpha male or something?" I asked tying up my hair into a bun. I walked to my door taking my dressing gown off the hook. I put the belt into a loose knot.

"Come on, you should probably go before the guys come home." They shouldn't be home for another hour but I really just wanted some peace and quiet to myself.

I walked up to the door pushing on Daniels back trying to get him get out the door faster. My fingers were hovering over the door knob when the lock clicked and the door opened.

"Hey man!" Daniel threw his head back. Shayne took a step back, taking his AirPod out of his ear. "Hey." Shayne uttered. He scrunched his eyebrows and looked at me. "Daniel was just leaving!" I exclaimed, smiling through gritting teeth. He let out a deep chuckle. "Nice work last night!" He said smugly and slapped my ass, throwing his jacket over his shoulder and he walked out the door. Daniel patted Shayne's shoulder. "See you soon pal!"

I saw Shayne's jaw clench as he watch Daniel walk down the hall. He followed him down the hall with daggers for eyes. "Shayne leave it!" I mumbled tiredly defeated. He took in a large shaky breathe and came inside. Shayne pointed his thumb behind his shoulder and sniggered "he turned out to be a real charmer!" I shook my head and held up my hand signalling from him to stop.

"Coffee?" I asked and Shayne nodded, sitting at the kitchen counter. "Why are you back so early?" I stirred the coffee and tapped the spoon against the rim of the cup. Placing the cup down in front of Shayne I smiled, walking round to him and sitting down. He smile and said thanks. He brought the cup to his lips and took a sip. "Thanks! Damien said he wanted to talk with us about something." I nodded.

I smelt the coffee, trying to find some way to wake myself up. I was taking a sip listening to Shayne. He brought the cup up to his lips once more but stopped inches away from his face. His eyes darted to my neck. "Is that a hickey?" He asked shock and disgust in his voice. I scanned down noticing my dressing gown had slowly opened wider exposing my chest and part of my navy bra. I quickly placed the cup onto the counter and tied up my dressing gown.

"Sorry." I mumbled meekly and cleared my throat. There was a moment of soft silence, only the sound of cups hitting the marble counter. "I hate him!" I said quickly breaking the silence. Shayne's eyes grew and he laughed. "I'm gonna beak up with him tonight. I mean, how is this going to look in the photo shoot today?" I giggled.

"I've missed this, the two of us talking and laughing!" He took a sip and sighed. "Like the good old days!" I tapped my long clear nails on the counter thinking of my schedule. I gasped "we should go out for lunch on Saturday, just the two of us!"

Shayne nodded and hummed with coffee in his mouth. "Are you feeling okay? It's just you don't look so good." He spoke softly with care in his voice. "Yeah I just couldn't sleep very well last night, I had this really weird nightmare! Do you ever get those ones were they just feel real?" I asked. I felt the side of the cup with my fingers.

Shayne gave me a soft smile. He placed his hands on my knee rubbing it up and down. "It's okay. If you get another one tonight come into me and I'll stay up with you!" I chuckled shaking my head. "You make it so hard for me not to love you!" I blurted. Both our eyes widened, realising what I said, we were frozen still.

"Hey guys!" Damien announced coming in the door. I stood up quickly from the stool and got Damien a cup of coffee as well. Shayne cleared his throat "I didn't hear you come in! What did you want to talk about?" He asked but I noticed his eyes were focusing on me. I fiddled in the cutlery draw trying to find a spoon. I stirred the dark liquid twice before sliding the cup over the counter to Damien. "Well I just want to tell both of you that I'm moving out."

.....to be continued.