Father-to-Son

I answered the door smiling hoping my face and chest weren't red. "Hi sorry, you left you're phone on the table." Mark handed me the phone and put his hand in his pocket. "Someone kept ringing as well. Is he asleep?" He gestured his head towards Shayne who was laying with his back to the door. I nodded and Mark continued. "We're all going for our walk so when he wakes he can take you! See you!"

I waved and said bye closing the door behind me. I checked my phone, five miss calls from Olivia. I forgot that she would ring me on thanksgiving. She was a great friend checking in on me when I would usually be all alone, when everyone of my friends were with family.

I called her back and watched Shayne sit up on the corner of the bed and start to take off his shoes. "Hey Olivia!"

"Bobbie! Why didn't you answer my calls, are you okay? Homesick?" I couldn't believe I forgot to tell her. Still watching Shayne, who was now unbuttoning his shirt. Slowly walking over to Shayne I answered her. "Actually Shayne brought me out to his parents place. I had thanksgiving here!" Pushing back Shayne onto the bed I straddled him.

"Aww that's so cute! What do you think of his family? Wait do they like you, that's important!" Shayne looked up at me slightly confused with his eyebrows furrowed down and his eyes big. I smirked and started grinding gently on him as I rubbed his chest.

"What-" I cut Shayne off by putting my index finger to my lips. "Hey Olivia, do you mind if I call back later? I think we're about to go on walk." "Yeah, talk to you later! Bye!"

"Muwah!" I hung up and threw the phone across the bed. Shayne sat up holding onto my waist. "You're crazy Bobbie! Absolutely mad!" I slid off him and he continued to get undressed down to his boxers. I giggled looking at the tent that had grown. "It's not polite to stare!" He said without even turning to face me, I guess he knew I would have looked.

I went into the bathroom to grab my makeup remover. The room was full of steam from the shower. Seeing a glimpse of the a dial I reached in quickly turning the water onto the lowest temperature. Shayne yelled and I laughed and turned to walk out the door.

"Oh no you don't! Get in here!" Suddenly I was thrown over his shoulders as he carried me, fire fighter style, back to the shower. "Shayne!" I yelped as he used the shower head to spray my face and chest full of freezing cold water. "Sorry! I'm sorry! Stop it!" Lowering the hose to his side Shayne pulled me in and kissed me.

I couldn't help but kiss him back. I mean everything looks so much more sexy and romantic with a stream of water flowing down on two people. It felt like we were in 'the notebook' but it probably looked like the picnic scene in 'high school musical 2'

I hopped out of the shower cold and wet but at least all my makeup was off my face.

***

We drove out in Shayne's dads pick up to a small forest area. The trees connected to one another, blocking out the sky but allowing glimpses of light to come through. Even though it was midday and snowing around us inside the forest seemed totally different, almost like a different dimension.

Following a worn out trail we made our way to Shayne's family. They were all hanging around a picnic bench that was next to a tree house. Both of Shayne's nieces were up in it calling for me.

Shayne POV
I watched as Bobbie nervously climbed up the old ladder to get into the tree house. When I say old I mean old, my dad built it for us when we first moved out to Colorado. I would always go in it when we went out walking in the forest but Mark and Dan were probably a little too old. I think they used to go drink there with friends actually.

"Son." snapping out of my thoughts and looked to see my dad patting my shoulder. "Dad." Taking my eyes back up to Bobbie making sure she was okay but slowly bringing back to my dad I nudged my head over to some trees. I looked down at my feet as I kicked up the mulch as we walked "I've just been thinking of a few stuff and I want to ask you about them."

"Go ahead! What's the point of having me around if you can't ask your old man questions?" He leaned his back against a tree as he crossed his arms. "I really like Bobbie, I love her! I'm just concerned that we're going too fast. Or what if one of us  has to move back home? Its only a few hours for me but if she goes back to Scotland I'll barely see her! I've all these thoughts in my head that are going a million miles and hour and I can never think straight when I'm around Bobbie!"

I lifted my eyes to my dads face to see him smirking. "Take it from me, you've got nothing to worry about! You're going at a pace that suits both of you, you both love each other! Anyone can see that! Besides I was still flying jets when I met your mother, I was halfway across the country! I could've been up to anything for all she knew. But we had trust and still do! You need to trust yourself Shayne and relax!" Pushing himself up from the tree he walked over to me and ruffled my hair. "God you're so uptight!"

I started smiling not only because of what my dad had just said but I could hear Bobbie laughing. I scanned up to the tree house and saw her playing with my nieces, she was fitting right into the family! To be honest she didn't seem that out of place around children, especially for an only child. My brother and sister in law tried talking to me but my head was just bobbing up and down with my eyes locked and Bobbie.

God I loved that girl!