Audition Nerves

It was the end of the week and I was freaking out. My audition for the musical was coming up and I hadn't gotten a script all I knew was they would be asking questions and choosing the actors that day. I only had one shot. While I was sitting at the kitchen counter Shayne walked in the door. He was wearing a light blue tank top that was covered in sweat stains and plain black shorts. He was carrying a big gym bag and had headphones in. He didn't even notice me for a few seconds.

"Hey!" He took out one of the ear buds and smiled. "How was the gym?" I was looking into my bowl of fruit wondering how long he had been up for already. I had only just rolled out I'd bed. To be honest I was thinking about more than that. My mind was thinking of all the mistakes I could make during the audition. "Yeah it was good!" Shayne was looking in the fridge and pulled out a carton of milk and poured a pint glass. "Are you okay? You seem quite."

"Hmm, oh yeah I'm okay!" I shoved a spoonful of fruit into my mouth to avoid talking anymore. Shayne leaned on the counter and looked at me. I was looking back out of the corner of my eye and started to chew slowly. "It's the audition isn't it?" Shayne knew exactly what was in my head, all I could do was nod meekly back to him. "Why are you so nervous? You're perfect for the role, you would've been casted in the original you're that good!" Shayne was standing up now, his eyes following me as I walked to the sink. "This is one of my top five favourite films, I want to do it justice."

"And you will!" Shayne took his phone out of his pocket and turn on a playlist. "What are you doing?" He grabbed my hand and spun me around. "It worked for me, it'll work for you!" I started laughing. "I was drunk when I came up with this idea I honestly didn't know if it would work!" Shayne started signing very badly. I couldn't tell if he was messing or not. "I also didn't stink of sweat!" Shayne stopped singing and pulled me closer and rocked me back and forth. My back was against his chest and both our arms were crossed. "Well I wasn't going to say anything but!"

I gave him a small playful slap, he could be so cheeky. "Well what's at the top of your list?" Still dancing a recited my favourite films. "I think it's a joint first for "Dumbo" and "The Bodyguard". I can never pick between them!" Shayne started laughing "There nothing alike how can they be your favourite movie!" The next song cam on and we continued dancing. It wasn't awkward, I'm not even good at dancing but it felt natural with Shayne. Almost like I didn't have to think.

"They've got good soundtracks!" We heard Damien's door opening and stopped dancing. I took a step back from Shayne but he kept talking "I'll remember that!" Damien came into the kitchen. "Hey roomie!" I said turning around to Dames as he chuckled softly. "Shayne is that your phone playing music?" His eyes were still sleepy looking and his hair was a mess. "Oh yeah! Sorry did it wake you?" I started walking towards my room. "I need to get ready!"

Later that morning
A stage hand was calling off names of people I assumed was other actors auditioning. I stared at the two casting agents sitting in front of the stage. There was one other figure I couldn't make out. I couldn't make out his voice but something about it sounded familiar. I could feel my phone vibrate inside my tight grip of my hands.

Shayne
How you feeling

I can't believe he was checking up on me in the middle of a shoot.

Bobbie
Fine. I think I'm on soon. Starting to freak.

Shayne
Check your coat pocket x

What did that mean? I reached into my cream coats pocket but there was nothing. I checked the next one and pulled of the Polaroid of Damien, Shayne and myself from the start of the week and a tiny black button. I started to laugh.

"Something funny?" A strange voice came from beside me. I sat back and looked at the figure, he had dark brown short hair cut and green eyes. I was so nervous I didn't even realise there was someone sitting next to me. I must've seemed so rude. "Oh just something my friend gave me!" He chuckled "a good luck charm!" He put out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Daniel Vaughn!" Shaking his hand I said "Bobbie Reid, nice to meet you!" We sat talking for a little while calming my nerves.

"Who are you auditioning for?" I asked Daniel curiously. "I was hoping I'd get Christian, but I don't know if I can get such a big role!" He looked down into his hands. "I'm sure you'll be great! I'm going for Satine but looking around there's so many girls here I say we'll be here all day!" Just then a stage hand came up to me saying it was my turn to go onstage.

"I'll see you later!" Whatever tiny amount of confidence I had left me as soon as I stepped onto the stage and saw the third figure was none other that THE Ewan McGregor. 

"Jesus Christ!" I mumbled under my breath. "Sorry, did you say something?" The female casting agent was looking at me through the top of her glasses. I could feel the button from Shayne's shirt pressing against me from my back pocket. "Oh no I just said hello!" I thought in my head about the character I was auditioning for, she was smart and confident. I had to be the same. The three people introduced themselves and Ewan said he was directing the play.

"Am I hearing a Scottish accent form you?" He sat forward in his chair and placed his arms on the table. "Yeah, I'm from Edinburgh but I can change it if you want something else!" He shook his hand and said that he liked it.

They asked my question about the role and myself. It was the strangest audition ever, but finally the male in the middle who was wearing a turtle neck asked me to sing a song from the movie. "Any song?" They nodded and I thought for a minute and decided to do one of the supports songs.
*song above*

After singing they said I could go. "Thank you!" I was happy at myself even if I didn't get the part. As I was walking toward the side I heard Ewan call my name. "Off the record, I would ask you to keep your phone close!" I couldn't help but squeal and say thank you over and over again. I passed Daniel who said congratulations and I wished him good luck. All I wanted to do was go and tell Shayne and Damien the news.