Doctors and Detectives

Shayne POV
Bobbie said it would be thirty minutes but it had been almost doubled that. I waited for her on the couch, maybe she had changed her mind or felt sorry for the guy. I wouldn't put it past her, she never like disappointing someone. I was just about to go to bed and was turning off the lights around the house when I heard the door unlock.

"Hey-" I saw Bobbie wobbling in the door nearly falling over. Was she drunk? Then I saw another figure came in the door and shut it behind him. Did she really bring the dude home on the first date? My stomach actually felt sick and my blood was boiling. The figure walked straight past me dragging Bobbie by her arm. She seemed really out of it.

They went straight to her room without even acknowledging me. I was so mad I went straight to my bed ready to go to sleep. Instead I just laid there not knowing how to deal with Bobbie being meters away from me with another guy. "Stop please!" I could hear her voice coming softly from the room.

It was followed by shushing and Bobbie saying no again. I could hear the guy telling Bobbie to be quiet but it sounded like she was crying. I didn't know what to do. Something in Bobbies voice was making my stomach churn. Without even realising it I found myself in her room pulling this guy off her.

She was totally unconscious and was only in her underwear and bra. "What the hell are you doing to her?" I pushed the guy back out of the room and stood between them. "Look man this isn't your business, why don't you leave?" The guy was so cocky he tried shoving me out of the way. That's when my reflexes kicked in and I punched him across the face. "Get out, right now!"

Damien must've heard the yelling since he came running into the room. We watched as the guy picked up his stuff and left the apartment. "Jesus is she okay?" Damien walked over to her. "She was totally out of her head. I don't think she knew what was happening." Damien felt her pulse and said it was really slow and we should get her to a hospital. Seeing her lying in the bed so unaware of everything made me panic and freeze.

"Shayne!" I looked up to see Damien standing in front of me all of a sudden. "I'll ring the hospital and you get her dressed okay, see can't been seen looking like that. After I got her dressed Damien came back in. "The ambulance should be here soon. Are you okay?"

I was still in shock over everything that happened. "I'm just worried for her!" Damien patted my back and we waited for the ambulance.

Bobbie POV
I woke up being blinded by bright white lights. I had no idea where I was. It took my eyes a second to adjust but I could see someone pacing the floor.

"Shayne?" The figure turned to me and I could see Damien sit up from a chair in my left hand side. "Dames?" "Yeah, we're here it's okay!" Shayne came over and grabbed my hand. He looked over at Damien who said that he was getting the doctor. My head was pounding. Everything felt slightly wobbly and my stomach felt like it was being tickled from the inside.

"Are you okay, what happened?" I sat up slowly and Shayne pulled me up gently under my arm. "I was about to ask you that!" Shayne looked completely puzzled. "Can you really not remember anything?" Just then the sound of the heavy wooden door and three sets of footsteps came in.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Laura Anderson, how are you feeling?" I watched the small, blonde haired woman pick up the chart at the end of my bed and walk over to me. I chuckled "like I've been surviving on vodka for a month!" I said rubbing my temples. The tall, broad man in the corner of the room laughed. He was holding a small pad and pen, he looked up and Introduced himself. "Sorry, I'm detective Lee Moore, I'll be your case officer."

I looked around at Shayne next to me and Damien who was leaning against the wall. What happened to me, did I do something and why did everything hurt so much? "Why do I need a case officer?" The young woman placed her manicured hand on my shoulder. "There's no need to be frightened we just want to make sure we understand everything. Okay?" Her voice was soft and quite, almost like a mother's.

Detective Moore spoke again, pen at the ready. "Can you tell us about last night, anything at all will help." I told everybody what happened how I was going to leave early but I sat down for one more drink. "Just one drink?" Detective Moore was scribbling into his notepad. I nodded, "how long were you away from it?" I strained my brain, hurting the harder I thought.

"Anything from a minute to two minutes. Can someone please tell me what's happening?" I was beginning to freak out and I felt like getting sick. I looked to Shayne and Dames for some reassurance but they looked just as confused as me. Moore nodded towards the doctor and she brought her hands together and interlocked her fingers.

"When you came in we ran some routine blood test to see what we were looking at. They came back positive for something called "Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid" it's a drug also known as GHB. We think it's was slipped into your drink. It can cause seizures, memory loss-"

I think she said more but my mind went blank. Everything seemed blurry. This has to be a bad dream, non of this seemed real. "Bobbie?" Shayne hand was holding mine, I focused on his grip. "We're going to have to monitor you for a while, just until the drug leaves your system. I'll be outside if you're looking for anything."

Doctor Anderson left the room along with Moore, leaving me with just the boys. Damien came in closer. I looked at the two guys sitting beside me, they'd never looked so different. Shayne was meek and timid but Damien, the sweet Dames was angry nearly furious. "That bastard! Why did we let him leave the apartment?"

"He was in our apartment?" Shayne looked up at me and nodded. "Where?" Shayne looked at me with puppy dog eyes, he didn't say anything but I knew. "I'm gonna be sick!" Damien rushed over with a bucket and heaved into it. I couldn't tell if this was from the drugs or because of that creep. "I know this mightn't make anything better but Shayne stopped the weirdo before he could do anything."

I turned over in the bed and faced Shayne. I noticed his right hand was out along if his side. "Shayne!" I gestured for him to bring his hand up to me. I ran my fingers over his knuckles. They were red and bloody. "Why'd you do that you idiot?" I was laughing through the tears that were forming in my eyes. I lifted his hand up to my lips and kissed it softly. Rubbing his knuckles I said "next time hit hard enough that you knock him out!" The room started laughing and besides the machines beeping and the nurses passing the door, I felt like I was at home.