Invitation

I spent the rest of Christmas in Scotland with my family and Shayne went home to his. We texted non-stop every hour. It finally felt like things were back to normal.

I came home for New Years. Damien, Shane and I were having a party at our apartment to celebrate. While I was in the Uber coming back from LAX I got a text from Damien.

I locked my phone and sighed throwing it gently beside my lap

I locked my phone and sighed throwing it gently beside my lap. Damien was right, it was so childish! As much as I didn't even want to look at Courtney back then, I just wanted to move on and if that meant inviting her to one party, so be it!

I got back just in time to collect my food that was being delivered by Postmates. Whoever owns it must've made a fortune from my orders that past year alone. I had less than an hour to set everything up before everyone would come. I know it was lazy but I just put a few pizzas into the oven with jacket potatoes. I also had meatballs with tomato sauce and a cheese board next to the wine. It wasn't the best food but it would do.

I strung up loads of gold glittery decorations and streamers around the apartment. While I was standing on top of my tiptoes on a chair trying to hang up a banner, I heard the sound of keys turning in the door lock. "Hey!" I grunted without even looking back. It sounded like someone threw there keys into the bowl by the door and walked over to my voice. "Bobbie! What are you doing you're going to kill your self!" Damien spoke, almost shouting. 

I turned around and looked at Damien as he came over next to me and crouched slightly. "Hop on!" I laughed "what?" He looked over his shoulder with his eyebrows furrowed down. "Just hop in my shoulders would you?" I did as I was told holding lightly into Damien's head for safety. "I got you!" He stated as he held a loose grip on my legs. Reaching up, I hung the decorations with ease.

"Yes!" I giggled putting my hand out for a high five. Damien Haley go if one of my legs which made me wobble slightly and he immediately placed his hand back below my ankle, now with a tighter grip. "Are you okay?" He chuckled turning his head around trying to look at me. I nodded and laughed. "What's going on?" Shayne said coldly walking in the door. I pointed to the decorations and he nodded with his eyes slightly squinted and biting the corner of his top lip.

Damien bent down letting me slide down to the floor. "Thank you!" I smiled and he began walking towards his room. "Anytime! I'm going to get changed, call me when people start arriving." I sauntered around to the couch and flopped back onto it, sprawling my legs down the length of it. Switching in the tv I noticed Shayne had his arms crossed and was leaning his back against the kitchen counter.

Times like that I hated having an open plan apartment, I like having my private time when I watch my Netflix so stop looking at me please! "What's wrong Shayne?" I asked sweetly knowing all too well he was in a bad mood. He just hummed and pushed himself up and slowly marched his way over to me, stopping at the arm of the couch where I was resting my head. "Shayne?" I tilted my head back to look at him. He still looked cross and I had no idea why.

He crouched down to my eye level and sternly asked "what were you doing with Damien?" I scrunched my eyebrows and flipped onto my stomach so I was facing him. "What'd you mean, we were hanging up decorations! Are you feeling okay?" I asked very confused and placed the back of my hand on Shayne's forehead feeling for his temperature. Finally his face went back to normal and he gave a small smile. "Yeah sorry." He shook his head and sat down beside me placing my head on his lap. "What are we watching?"

Almost forty minutes later and nearly everyone had arrived all we were waiting for was Boze and Courtney. Then there was a knock on the door.

Boze POV
I walked up the stairs leading up to the apartment and saw someone standing outside the door. They looked like they were preparing themselves. I looked at the outfit and hair and knew exactly who it was. "What are you doing here?" I barked causing Courtney to snap her head around to me. She gave me a big smile "oh hey Boze!" I crossed my arms and sternly said "that didn't answer my question." Her smile faded and she gritted her jaw. "I was invited!"

She was after crossing her arms now and squinting her eyes at me. I inched closer to her. "They might have forgiven you but I haven't, you hurt my friend and I won't forget that!" I growled and turned going to knock in the door. I thought she got off lightly, none of us said anything to anyone in the office. If she had done that to my boyfriend I'd pay to have her number one trending on Twitter for a solid month!

"What would Damien say if he heard what you were saying to me?" She asked in a very cocky tone. I scoffed "is that supposed to frighten me?" I knocked on the door. She had put on a good strong face trying to make herself look though but I could see in her eyes she was scared. I knew this for a fact because it was the smart face I put on whenever Damien talked to me. "Hey Boze!" Damien said opening the door. I smiled and mumbled "hey Dames!"

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Woooo 1k reads omg! Thank you all so much for this! This is mad I remember getting 100 reads and thinking it was so cool but this is honestly so amazing to me!

I'm back in school now so sorry if my uploads are really slow. I'll try to get them out whenever I can. Also thanks for all the comments and votes! I never ask for them so I really appreciate it when someone does it anyway!

Merci!
-E
(P.s isn't that text thing cool? I might start adding it in more later on.)