Our Song

Bird and the bee- how deep is your love

Shayne POV
I had no idea why I was nervous, it was only Bobbie. She was just a girl I had been friends with for almost four years. I stood alone in my room looking at myself in the mirror. I started to mess with my hair. I wanted to look good for her. Or at least look like I wasn't a nervous wreck around her.

I probably looked so stupid around her the other day. Normally I've time to prepare myself when she's coming around but seeing her out of nowhere really surprised me. She looked gorgeous even if she was only wearing jeans and a hoodie. God, I need to stop thinking about her!

I took my phone out of my pocket. 7:45, she'd be here soon. I went out to the living room. Our apartment was a mess, why did I agree for her to come over. That's when I heard a noise in the kitchen. "Crap!"

I started walking towards the noise. "Damien?" I opened the door to see Damien rooting around in draws. "What are you still doing here? I thought you left earlier." He huffed and looked up at me "I can't find my wallet!" Shit, Damien couldn't be here when Bobbie arrived or he'd figure everything out.

"It's fine just take mine!" I took my wallet out of my back pocket and threw it over at him. He grabbed it in his chest with both hands. "Are you sure? I'll pay you back, I know it around here somewhere!" "Yeah yeah, it's fine you should go you'll be late!"

I started to walk Damien to the door. "Take your time and tell me how it went in the morning!" I gently shoved him out the door and closed it on his face. She'd be here soon and I didn't want him to- I actually don't know why I didn't want him to know. Nothing more would happen between me and Bobbie would it?

Bobbie POV
"Woah okay!" Damien was standing outside the apartment. Shit, I had to think fast about why I was going to say. "Hey Dames!" I said casually so he wouldn't be suspicious. "Oh hey!" He gave me a hug and took a step back from the door.

"I'm just on my way out actually." He was holding his car keys in his hands and gesturing to where I expect his car was park. "Oh no it's fine. I'm only collecting my, um, purse!" I moved my handbag behind my back incase she could see my bright white purse poking out of my bag. "Shayne found it at the office and he called me to say he had it. Are you okay?" I could tell he was only half listening to me. The yellow street lights were glowing on him give a almost somber mood.

"Yeah just nervous. It's my second date with this girl and I really like her! I asked her on this date but now I'm just so nervous. You know what I mean?" I nodded "yep! Hey, she agreed to go on a second date and she'll probably love how you had enough BALLS to ask!" He chuckled and looked at his watch. "Crap I'm going to be late. Ughh wish me luck, bye Bobbie!" He was slightly jogging down the steps towards his car. "You don't need any!" I called out to him. "I think I do though!"

I stood on the step and knocked on the door. Shayne answered almost immediately. "Hey!" He was way to enthusiastic it made me laugh. We walked over to his couch and sat down. I crossed my legs. "Are you ready to go?" "Uh yeah let me get the scripts."

We spent a good 15 minutes going over the first part. Shayne was just so hung up on himself he kept messing up. "Urghh!" Shayne said slumping back into the couch. "You just need to relax! Wait two minutes!" I walked over to the fridge and opened it. "Got any limes!" I said to Shayne with my head still in the fridge. "In the salad draw. How are limes gonna help?" I could tell he was getting stressed. "Well, you can't have coronas without limes!" I pulled out two bottles and a lime. I cut the lime and put the wedges into the neck of the bottle.

I handed Shayne the beer and placed mine on the coffee table. "Now that's step one!" Shayne scoffed and took a sip from the bottle. "What's step two?" He was starting to relax. "Music! Aw cool! My favourite!" I said while turning on killing me softly by the fugees. I was low in the background. I started to hum the first line of two. "Right lines!"

After half and hour Shayne had mastered his lines and finished his beer. "What is this playlist" Shayne was laughing and reaching for my phone. I slapped it out of the way. "Hey it's all my favourite songs!" "You're into r&b?" I nodded and finished off my beer. I held it in my hands. "Right, since you think their bad songs, the next song that plays is our song." "Our song? What like a cheesy romance cliche?" Shayne laughed and turned and faced me. "Yeah I'll be funny it'll be like a weird old school rap song!"

We waited for the next song to play expecting a song like gangsters paradise to play but a cover of how deep is you love by the Bee Gees played. "That's weird I didn't know I had that in my playlist!" I bent over to turn it off but Shayne grabbed my hand. "I like it, it's out song." He was looking at me in the eyes and talking in a barely audible voice.

He kept holding onto my hand and stride up. "Come on!" He held out his other hand shaking it slightly. I put down the bottle on the coffee table. We walked over to a space behind the couch and started dancing. I'd never slow danced with someone but it felt natural with Shayne. His hand was gently resting on my hip and I had my hand in his shoulder.

Shayne twirled me around and dipped me. I started laughing. He could always make me laugh. I put my two hands around his neck and rested me head on his shoulder. I felt safe and warm. "I'm actually starting to like this song!" I whispered and Shayne corrected me saying "our song!" I looked up at him and started smiling. "God you're cheesy!"

The song ended but we kept on dancing, we either didn't care or didn't realise it. "I'm sorry about being a dick lately and for not calling you." I tried to act like I didn't care and it was fine but I knew I wouldn't be able to say anything without my voice cracking. Instead I just listened to Shayne.

"I've been so busy, and I know that's not an excuse but o really did want to call!" I knew Shayne was being genuine "Hey it's okay, I get it." "I know but I still made you feel like shit!" We weren't dancing anymore but more like hugging. I really didn't want to leave.