Take Your Pick

"Bobbie you got to put the phone down. There's no point in punishing yourself!" Boze nagged at me while I scrolled through Courtney's Instagram. I thought she was a friend, she knew we were dating. She was in the goddamn room!

"Did you hear me?" Boze Yankee the phone out of my hand and replaced it with a cup of coffee. "Thanks again Boze, I don't know what I'd do if you didn't let me stay before I go." I mumbled. "Are you sure you won't stay a little while longer?" I nodded finally feeling a little more relaxed and normal. I wasn't one hundred percent myself but I was getting there

"I just need to get away from Shayne and now I need to wrap my head around Courtney. God, why did it have to be her?" I place my head into my hand and shook it. I felt like crying but no tears were coming out.

"Oh honey, it's going to be okay! You two will get over this. I saw the way you looked at one another. Always giving glances to one another in across the room." She gushed as I chuckled. "Are we talking about Shayne and me or you and Damien?"

She started to get flustered and sipped on her coffee avoiding the question. Now they would be a cute couple. "I'm going to get some groceries, do you want anything from the store?" I shook my head and watched her collect her bag before heading out the door.

Shayne POV
I paced into the office wanting to get the day over with as soon as possible. "Shayne!" A voice called out for me. I knew exactly who it was but I continued on walking. I gritted my jaw as the voice got closer. "Shayne we need to talk!"

Pivoting in my heels I faced Courtney. "I have nothing to say to you! Nothing you want to hear at least!" I turned to walk away again but I felt a yank on my hand, pulling me into a empty room. "What do you want Courtney? You realise that you have ruined my relationship with Bobbie?"

I shoved my hands into my pockets but was shocked when Courtney started to point her finger at me. "You ruined your relationship the second you kissed me back! Or did you forget about that part?" She argued while I leaned against a table shaking my head. "I was being serious when I told you I love you," she uttered, stepping closer to me and putting her hands on my chest. "I need to know you're answer!"

Before I could step back from Courtney the door opened leaving a sliver of light deep into the room.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Damien groaned.

"Damien wait!" I yelled and tried to go but Courtney's grip on my hand stopped me. Looking at her I yanked my hand away and ran out of the room. "We were only talking, I swear. I'm too mad at myself to do anything! Look tell me where Bobbie is, please Damien!"

We were standing in the main offices now but I don't know if anyone was paying any attention to us. Swinging around Damien looked right at me with anger in his eyes overflowing. "Bobbie will see you when she's ready!" He growled in a low tone so he wouldn't draw any attention. "What if she's never ready?" I pleaded trying to find some way for me to see Bobbie. I needed to.

"Shayne-." Damien started but his phone started vibrating in his pocket. Pulling it out he looked at the caller i.d. "Hey Boze!" Of course Bobbie was there, why didn't I think of her? I began walking away but stopped feeling a light hold on my shoulder. Why was everyone grabbing onto me.

I turned around to give Damien a bad look but his face was different. It had gone pale and his eyes were darting around the room. "What you mean Bobbie is gone?" My heart sank and starting racing at he same time. "What does the note say? Okay we'll be right over! No it's not your fault, just relax I'm coming." Damien was acting calm to Boze but standing in front of him I could tell different.

"What did the note say?" I asked, pressing the button for the garage floor. "It was on the counter. 'Thanks for everything but I have to go back now.'" The elevators open and I tarted to jog backwards while talking to Damien. "I know where she's going! You go over to Boze's incase she comes back!"