All The Secrets

Thanksgiving had gone and December was right around the corner. Damien and I went and picked out a Christmas tree and were hanging up the decorations in the apartment when Shayne came in from his run. "Woah, I was gone for an hour. What's all this?" His eyes flickered around the room as he took out his earbuds. "We thought we'd get into the Christmas spirit. You do realise it's December, don't you?" Damien muffled as he held some tub tacks in his mouth and taking one out to hang up some tinsel.

"Yeah it's December fourteenth! We have eleven days. Will I have to endure this every year or can we wait until I'm home next time so I can help out?" Walking over to Shayne with my hands behind my back I tried to hide the smirk that was painted across my face. "There is one thing you can help with."

"Hmm" He hummed as he placed his hands on my waist. "I don't have a place to hang this up!" I giggled as I held a bunch of mistletoe above our heads. Shayne smirks and he placed a kiss on my forehead leaving me standing with my mouth opened. "Something wrong darling?" He called out as he walked away but turning his head with a smirk "Oh right!" Striding back over to me Shayne once again gave me a kiss but this time planting his lips on mine.

"Enough you two! Shayne we got to go to work, you coming?" Damien pointed out while patting Shayne on the back. "Could you bring me too please? I'm taking Liv out for brunch." He smiled and nodded while he threw on his jacket, "sure thing!" He answered while popping out the hood in his jacket.

***

I sat at the table in the squad room with all the gang, Joe, Booze and Damien. Joe had written a script and wanted the three of us to be in it. We finished the table read but were still sitting around the white table. "Man I need to get my nails done!" Boze complained leaning back in her chair with her legs brought up to her chin.

"Me and Bobbie are going to a salon after brunch if you want to come." Olivia piped up and turning her head towards me, which I nodded to in response. "Really? Oh wow, thanks guys!" She beamed. I liked Boze, I wanted to get get closer to her since she didn't really have any girl friends in the office.

"Speaking of which we're going to be late. Are you ready to go?" I stood up from my chair and felt Shayne's hand that he had on my thigh. Booze and Olivia stood up and out of habit I leaned over to Shayne. "See you at home honey!" Kissing his head lightly. Standing back up I realised what I had done.

Oh god. L

I turned my red face to the rest of the table seeing everyone staring up at us. Shayne's eyes were wide and he had begun to cross his arms. "Oh my god! This can't be real!" Keith laughed, pushing his chair back out of the table. Noah was doing his signature 'ooohhh' laugh, while Courtney's eyes were big and looking us up and down. She seemed upset for some reason.

Joe stood up and sauntered over us. Shayne and myself were going deeper shades of red with every step he got closer. "How long has this been going on?" His arms were crossed and he held his hand up to his mouth. His voice was cold and stern, I felt like I was being scolded by my dad. "Just over five months." Shayne admitted to my surprise. He answered that instantly without hesitation. I could tell he was nervous, my hand was on his shoulder and I could feel his pulse rushing through out his body.

"Well..." Joe started as a smile snuck into his voice. "Why didn't you tell us sooner! Get over here!" He pulled me into a hug and whispered "I'm so happy for you!" Making me smile. The boys began to talk and I talked to the girls but saw Courtney walk quickly out of the room. Something was wrong with her but I thought I should ask her later on.

***

Boze was filled with question through out brunch. I didn't mind, honestly I liked talking about Shayne and myself. Is that very bad for me to say? "At least now you can go to the party tonight and act natural. You can finally relax around everyone!" Olivia mumbled as she chewed in a bite of her salmon. "Am I stupid if I ask what party?" I flick my head to Boze, then to Olivia and back to Boze. "The Christmas party? Has nobody told you about this? Every year we go out and have a few drinks. Normally it's at the start of December since some people travel home for Christmas." I explained while she nodded her head.