Fireside Songs

Shayne POV

I watched as my mom guided Bobbie towards the house, she has one hand placed gently on Bobbie's back and the other holding her hand. I couldn't help but internally grin watching her smile and laugh with my mom. A wave of relief came over me knowing that my mom liked Bobbie already from the few moments she had with her.

Feeling a light smack on the back of my shoulder I broke out of my thoughts. Mark kept his hand there and nodded saying "She seems nice. Hold onto her, she's a keeper!" He walked away and picked up one of his daughters that had ran towards him. "That she is!" I whispered softly as I rubbed the back of my neck and headed into the house.

Walking in the door I was greeted by my father holding Bobbie by the shoulders and looking over them at me. Shocked and slightly yelling "Shayne! Why on earth have you not told us about this lovely girl!" Everyone had crowded around and was looking, no examining Bobbie. "Robert leave the poor girl alone!" My mom peeped her head from the kitchen and walked out carrying a big out of some sort of great smelling food. "You two had a long journey, how about you have some food!"

Bobbie POV
Strangely enough I felt comfortable around all of Shayne's family. Every minute I was hearing some story about him as a child or some of the amazing missions his dad had gone on as an airforce pilot. I was also introduced to Mark's wife and there two girls. Later on Danny, Shayne's other brother came. He was tall and looked very strong and had a great bread.

After dinner we all sat around the fireplace and drank hot chocolate since it had gotten a lot colder and the snow was picking up outside. "I could do with a bit of music!" Danny said while poking at the fire causing the flames to grow. "My guitar might still be up in my old room." Mark patted his lap, got up and walked out of the room.

"You can sing, right Bobbie?" Shayne's mom, or Charlotte as she insisted me calling her, leaned over placing her cup in the coffee table. "I remember Shayne mentioning that he was going to see you in a musical." I was sitting on the couch next to Shayne with my head resting in his chest so I just lifted it slightly to give him a shocked look. I couldn't believe he had talked about me to his parents before we were dating.

He is such a sweetheart.

Mark walked back into the room and handed me his guitar. It was a old light brown one that was faded slightly around the edges and a few bits of string tangled at the top from where old ones broke. "Why don't you start us off?" I sat up taking it but shook my head. "I can't, really!" I turned to Shayne hoping he'd help me but he just smiled saying "come on you love singing!" Sighing in defeat I placed a adjusted myself and strummed it softly checking the tuning.

"Any requests?" I asked begging to smile. Shayne was right I loved singing and preforming, I mean I went to school for it! "Oh do you know any Ed Sheeran songs? We had one of his for our first dance at our wedding!" Mark's wife said while looking up at him and placing her hand on his chest. "Ed Sheeran it is! Just give me a second to think of one."

Almost instantly the song kiss me popped into my head. It made me smile when I thought of it so I strummed the chords and started singing. I went into a total world of my own, not even looking at anyone. Occasionally I could feel Shayne's place his hand on my back which made me sing even louder.

After the sing everyone clapped making my cheeks blush and shift closer to Shayne. I could feel the warmth from his body making my cheeks go even redder. Thank god the room was dimly light by the fire or I think everyone would have seen my face. After a few more songs Shayne and I decided to go up to bed.

We were sleeping in his old room which was a very light blue colour that almost seemed white. The walls were covered in posters from movies and tv shows. Thank god he had a double bed otherwise it would've been very cramped. "Hey nice dragon ball z poster!" I giggled coming back from the bathroom. He was already changed and in bed scrolling through his phone. "It's a good show! You're childhood room is probably way worse if I went into right now. Let me guess NSYNC and Leonardo Di Caprio posters everywhere! I'm guessing that's who you would practice making out on!"

I hopped on the bed and laid on top of Shayne causing him to grainy slightly. "That is not true! Besides I don't need any practice I'm a naturally good kisser, that you happen to get for free 24/7 you know!" I kissed Shayne as he sat up leaning his back against the headboard. Now I was accidentally straddling him as he held onto my waist lightly. He stopped kissing me and looked up at me with a grin in his face. Pushing back strands of my hair that had fallen over my face he said "I'm not so sure about that!"

Gasping softly I picked up a pillow and hit his arms that he had held up to deflect my blow. Then he pushed me over onto the other side of the bed and playfully held me down by my shoulders while he laid in his side. Our faces were inches apart and he smiled looking into my blue eyes. Giving me one last kiss he rolled over into his back. I cuddled into his chest and rested my head as he wrapped his arms around me. The warmth of his body heating me up from the cold snow outside the window.

"I love you!" Shayne said softly placing a small kiss in me head. I replied while rubbing my thumb over his pec saying "I love you too!" I went to sleep thinking how strange it was that I acted like a teenager every time I was with him, everything made sense and felt right.