Just One Glass

A week later.

I was heading in to the Smosh office to collect Olivia for dinner after my first rehearsal of the musical. I walked down the hall looking over the script when Joe passed me. "Congratulations Bobbie! I better get front row seats. I'm heading to a meeting right now but we'll talk next time you're in okay?" I nodded watched as Joe went into a room. I turned around and looked back at my script, I took a few steps before I felt someone's hand around me back.

"How did it go?" I looked up but was shocked to see Shayne. "Good, um yeah, good!" He opened the door the the lounge room but I stood there surprised at how cheerful her was, he had this massive smile on his face. As soon as I walked in Olivia said she had a surprise for me.

"Oh I never like the sound of that!" I sat back in a chair and Keith started to laugh, I think Olivia had told him her plan. Shayne was sitting down on the couch scrolling on his phone, the next thing Olivia said made his smile leave his face. "So we're not going out for dinner anymore. You and Bradley are!"

I was so confused and I could see Shayne lean towards us furrowing his brows downwards. "Who's Bradley?" Olivia clapped her hands in excitement and started waving them while she talked. "He's my friends', boyfriends', friend's, brother!" I stared blankly at her, "when, where, what?" I was speechless, she really did get weird ideas.

"Tonight at an Italian place I know!" She squealed and I felt my heart break for her. After all she was only trying to be helpful. "Keith tell her that she should go!" Olivia turned to him and he nodded vigorously. "See? Shayne?" Shayne looked up from his phone, he looked like he hadn't slept in days and he was as white as a sheet.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah you should go!" He was forcing out a smile, the others didn't notice but I could. Something was up with him. Maybe I could go on the date just to please Olivia. I mean Shayne and I weren't a thing were we? I mean if we were he wouldn't have told me to go on the date, right?

"Okay, fine?" Olivia clapped her hands and gave me a hug. When she stepped back I gave her a fake smile, I didn't want to upset her. "You better start getting ready, he's collecting you in two hours!" That didn't leave much time for me to clear my head. "Okay I'll see ye! See you at home Shayne!" I looked at the slumped figure on the couch, he looked like there was a dark cloud hovering over his head.

When I was walking out in the hall I heard him call my name. I turned around and he grabbed my hand softly. His voice was almost cracking. "Are you actually going through with this?" I nodded and looked into Shayne's eyes, they looked like tears were close to filling them up. "It's only one date, besides I'm not even going to like him!" His eyes were looking so deeply into the ground I thought he'd make a hole. "Hey," I lifted his cheek up with my hand, making him look at me. "Why don't you be my bail call? Call me an hour in and I'll see how it'll go from there."

Shayne actually looked scared, I don't know why but seeing him scared was terrifying to me. But why was he scared, I might understand angry but scared? He let go of my hand and I walked away hearing the sounds of his footsteps get further and further away.

When I got home I had to figure out what to wear. After searching my wardrobe for dresses I came across a black satin dress with a v-neck line. I decided to wear that because I knew I wouldn't stay at the date long. I did a very natural makeup look and waited for a buzz at the door.

Sure enough after fifteen minutes of lazing about the doorbell went off for our apartment. I walked over to it and looked at the screen to see a tall, skinny guy with black hair standing waiting for me. I pressed on the intercom "I'll be down in a minute!" I grabbed my purse and headed out the door. I was slightly impressed by this guys style. He was wearing a black suit with a plain black shirt making him very mysterious and good looking.

"Hi I'm Bradley, you must be Bobbie!" I shook his hand "yeah, nice to meet you!" He had very tanned skin and dark brown eyes. "Sorry I don't really do this sort of thing, you know, blind dates?" He said with a small chuckle as we walked toward his car. "Oh neither have I so don't worry!" I smiled back sensing the awkwardness between us.

The date was going great and we had a lot in common. He seemed to know a lot about me and was a big fan of the last show I was in. We were talking about where he was from when I heard my phone go off, "sorry do you mind if I take this?" He took a sip from his water and said no. I got up and went over to the bathroom.

"Hello?" I smiled hearing Shayne's voice. "Yes this is you're 11am wake up call." I chuckled and started looking at my hair in the mirror. "So how's your date going?" I could tell he was still upset. "Okay, nothing to write home about. We're only talking about me right now." Shayne started laughing "what's new?" Cheeky. I knew I didn't want to be here though. I wanted to be at home in the couch watching tv with Shayne.

"I'll be home in about half an hour, stick on some popcorn?" "Will do!" I hung up the phone and headed back to the table. I sat down and saw Bradley looking at me for an explanation so I made something up. "I'm sorry to end this so soon but my roommate locked themselves out. I'm really sorry!" I wasn't though, but thank god I was a good actress. "I've just ordered us a glass of wine, how about we finish it then I can drop you home?" Bradley gestured to the wine glass that a waiter and laid out.

Feeling bad about the whole situation I said I would have one glass. But just the one. Bradley smiled and we made a toast. God, didn't I feel bad.