Work and Risk

I looked at Olivia's text.
On my way down to you now x

Just as I hit send a crashed into someone and fell back on my butt. Of course I bumped into someone, I'm just so clumsy. I looked up to hear Shayne. "Bobbie I'm so sorry, are you okay?" I looked around to see sheets all around the floor. "Yeah I'm fine." I got up onto my knees and picked up some of the sheets. Shayne was really flustered as he bent down to pick them up as-well. I quickly tried to fill the awkward silence, "Is this a new script?"I found the front page and read it. "The Goldbergs? Wait are you..." Shayne grabbed the script from my hand and looked at me with a sort of fear in his eyes.

"Bobbie please don't tell anyone, I haven't said it to anyone. And I mightn't get it." I put my hands on his arm and looked him in the eyes. "Shayne I won't tell anyone. You can trust me." We stayed crouching and looking at each other until Shayne cleared his throat and stoop up. I stooped up as well and handed him the rest of the script. "What are you doing here anyway, not that I mind or um." I laughed at how goofy he was being. Maybe Joe was right about him being nervous. "Just collecting Olivia to get our nails done." As Shayne nodded I thought about my conversation with Joe and how he might've been right about Shayne liking me. Maybe he was right about working and taking risks as well.

"Has anyone been helping you with lines?" Where did confidence come from? "No I haven't even told Damien yet! I just want to have a call back before I get ahead of myself." "I get you." I took a mental deep breathe before I said my next sentence, "do you want me to help you?" It was times like these when I was glad I was good at acting. I was freaking out inside but I said it so casually Shayne would have no idea.

"Really? You would do that?" Shayne smiled and his face lit up. "When's the audition?" Shayne scoffed and kept smiling. "Oh, um Saturday." I felt so confident, if only Joe could see me now, not literally though otherwise our secret would be out. "That doesn't leave us much time so, is tonight good for you?" Shayne's face was so cute and his eyes were wide. "Yeah we can go to mine, Damien's out on a date so he'll be back late."

"Lucky Dames, see you tonight around eight?" I started to walk pass Shayne and I turned back. "Yeah, okay see you then!" I turned the corner and giggled. Taking risk was fun. I went into the room and saw Noah and Olivia sitting at the table. Kieth and Courtney were sitting on the couch.

"Hey guys!" I was beaming after my conversation with Shayne. I think Kieth must have noticed "what's up with you?" "Can't I be happy I'm going out with my best friend?" I put my hand on my chest pretending to feel attacked. "I'll grab my bag from the other room." Olivia said while walking out of the room.

Noah looked up from a weird blowy-piano thing, honestly it didn't surprise me to see him with something as equally weird. "Where are you two going this time, somewhere exotic?" "Yeah we're going to a strip club!" Courtney laughed "aaawww is it too late to come?" I laughed and leaned against the wall fixing my handbag on my shoulder.

Olivia came back throwing her purse in her bag. "Ready?" I asked, she looked up at me and put her hands together, "please can we take your new car. Pleaseee!" "Sure thing hon!" I laughed as Courtney said "Kieth, Olivia's turning into a scrub like you!" Noah did his iconic HA ha laugh and clapped his hands. "Nooo!" Kieth flung himself across the couch and started slapping Courtney playfully. "We'll see ye!" Olivia and I left still chuckling.

We went down to the underground parking and I clicked the button on my key to unlock my car. "O M G!" Olivia stood in the middle of the car park her voice echoing throughout. "It's gorgeous!" She was rubbing her hands all over it. "It's just a Range Rover and your smudging it!" Olivia walked around and sat in the passages seat. "Don't worry it's black no one will see!"

We had our normal gossip while the technicians buffed and painted our nails. The conversation was normal until Olivia said "God when was the last time you had sex?" "Olivia!" She didn't seem to care and just looked down at the technician doing her nails waiting for an answer. I could see the lady peering up from her mask slightly. I looked away from Olivia and mumbled "two weeks ago." "What you didn't tell me! Hot? Do I know him?" She always had a million questions.

I had to lie to her just a small bit. I promised Shayne we wouldn't tell anyone. "Yes and no he was just some tinder date." Well at least the first part was true. It was then I realised how hard it was going to be keeping a secret from Olivia, but I had made a promise and I had to stick to it.