9 | anxiety

Zendaya wasn't one to get frightened of things but the new house had a weird vibe.
It was gorgeous in the day time, the big marble staircase in the foyer lit up by a chandelier.

Zendayas room was perfect as well, her large closet and her own bathroom. But in the dark it felt so empty. The house (which the cast called the Homecoming Home) was so big and so plain that it felt like there was something missing.

Sure, they were only renting it for the time that they were here not like Zendaya had to stay forever but it was something about the house that prevented her from sleeping at night.

Zendaya lay in her bed looking at the lamp on her bedside contemplating turning it off.
"Just do it Z...nothing can happen"

She reached over switching the lamp off but the click from the switch was followed by a bang in the next room.

Zendaya quickly turned the light back on and sat up against the head rest listening to the rain outside.
The wind blew the window open and Zendaya jumped off her bed as the curtains flew into her room.

She whimpered and looked around the semi lit room, another bang was heard and she reached for the doorknob watching the curtains blow in the wind.

She fumbled through the dark and finally reached the grabbed hold of the handle. Just as she did lightning flashed and thunder followed soon after.

She ran out into the corridor and slammed the door.
Zendaya lent her back against the door and shut her eyes for a moment taking a deep breath.

She wanted to go downstairs but she also wanted to go to sleep and forget about this awful storm.
Zendaya heard more creaking and a bang causing her to shudder.

She was cold now. Freezing. But she didn't want to go back. Zendaya stood in the corridor for awhile she got off the door and looked at the paintings between each room.

One of the paintings had a girl holding a teddy bear in her arms while sitting on a picnic blanket laughing. Zendaya smiled at the picture before it fell off the wall from the thunder.

She jumped back in fright leaning against the closest door panting, she looked at the picture which was now smashed and distorted making it more scary.

She couldn't take this anymore. She knocked on the door she was leaning on only to hear nothing.
Another strike of lighting came crashing down as Zendaya slowly opened the door and looked around the room.

The light from the corridor made a thin strip of light onto the bed and Zendaya could see Tom sleeping shirtless on his front facing away from her.

How is he sleeping? She thought to herself.
"Tom.." she whispered not wanting to completely disturb him, "Thomas..."

Another crash of thunder was heard causing Zendaya to yelp and jump at the same time. This woke Tom up and he rolled his head over looking at Zendaya.

"Hey..." he whispered, "you alright?"
"Are you hearing things or is it just me..."

Tom propped himself up on his elbows squinting in the light.
"You're hearing things?"

"Not..things...things. I just don't like storms..."
Tom gestured to Zendaya to come over waving his hand.

She shut the door and paused.
"Nothing is going to happen to you Z within the 2 seconds it will take you to get from the door to my bed"

Zendaya snickered and sat awkwardly on Toms bed she reached over and turned on the lamp causing Tom to cover his eyes.

"Sorry..." she whispered
"It's alright.." he croaked running a hand through his hair, "so you can't sleep..."

"I haven't slept properly in days..." Zendaya looked down at her hands.
"What" Tom sat up, "is that why your so tired on set?"

Zendaya nodded and Tom sighed.
"Zendaya...you need sleep..."
"I know but I can't every time I try I freak out..."

Tom stretched out one of his arms.
"What?"
"Come here."

Zendaya hesitated and Tom waved his arm again.
"Do you want sleep or not?"

Zendaya sighed and joined Tom laying next to him letting his arm rest around her shoulders.
They were both laying on there backs and Tom was looking at the ceiling.

Right on cue (to ruin the moment) a massive crash of thunder exploded near the house.
Zendaya jumped basically landing on Tom. He didn't seem to mind.

He rolled onto his side and used the arm that was already under Zendaya to pull her into his chest.
"I got you..."

Zendaya put her arms around Toms back and rested her head against his bare chest.
She let out a deep sigh and would hold onto Tom tighter whenever a noise was heard.

Tom rubbed her shoulder resting his chin on top on her head.
"This is why Michelle is in SpiderMan and not Thor..."

She flicked him in the back and pulled herself closer.
"You can always come in here Z..."

"Thank you..."