51 | Interview

"What if they ask..." Zendaya whispered into Toms shoulder as they sat in the back seat of a car.
"Tell them you don't want to answer..."

"I don't want to make them feel bad..."
"Just ask at the start not to talk about it" Tom put his arm around Zendayas lower back.

Recently, Zendaya had a court case against Trevor for sexual assault. Yes she wanted to raise awareness against the issue but she also found it annoying and intrusive when people asked her about it.

Every time it was mentioned Zendaya had a panic attack. The event was definitely traumatic and every time she thought she was fine it all started up again.

"Look I will be there with you the entire time ok" Tom whispered into her hair.
"But I don't want rumours starting up about us..."
She whispered back.

"I don't car what 'rumours' start up ok...I just want you to be happy" Tom kissed her head a few times before resting his own head on hers.

Tom had been there for Zendaya ever since Darnell ran through the trailer park to tell him. He was very supportive, he never blamed her and he was never mad.

Zendaya had experienced a lot of victim blaming even from her own fans saying; 'she shouldn't have let him in' or, 'she should've pushed him away'.
Little did they know Zendaya tried her hardest until Darnell showed up and helped her.

"I'm just scared you know" Zendaya stared at the mirror in front of them, "it's the first interview since the trial..."
"I know...I know...do you want me to ask them?"
Zendaya nodded her head.

"Ok..." Tom kissed her forehead, "ok I will..."
When Tom and Zendaya reached the venue for the interview they began to act like just friends again.

"Hi I'm Natalia I'm going to be interviewing you two today, um we will do both of you and then seperate" Zendaya tensed, upset she couldn't feel Tom.

"Um Natalia can we avoid the...trial topic...it's just a sensitive topic for Z and...you know" Tom quickly spoke up.
"Oh honey of course! I will completely avoid the topic" Natalia put a hand on Zendayas shoulder, "I completely understand"

"Thank you..."
Natalia began to head off to a different room and Tom quickly turned and whispered in Zendayas ear.
"You look gorgeous by the way..."

Zendaya bit her lip to hold back a smile as Tom walked off. How did she get so lucky?

-

The interview went well, no questions and Zendaya was put in a good mood after what Tom said. Zendaya loved the simple things, a 'you look beautiful' made her giddy inside. Tom knew it did and that's why he did it.

"Ok thank you both for coming it's been a pleasure!"
"Thank you for having us"
Someone in the room yelled cut and Zendaya relaxed, pressing her back against Toms arm subtly.

"Ok Zendaya you can stay here Mark is going to come in and do your interview in a few minutes"
"Ok..." Zendaya nodded and Tom quickly stood up brushing his hand against Zendayas.

"Bye..." he whispered.
"Bye" Zendaya smiled as he left the room.

Almost as soon as Tom shut the door another opened and in stepped a man with a clipboard.
"Hi I'm Mark nice to meet you" Mark stuck his hand out and Zendaya shook it smiling.

"Hi!"

The interview started off well, basic questions about Michelle and Spider-Man, Tom, stunts, all that. Then it hit her like a ton of bricks.

"What advice would you have for girls or anyone who has sexual assault?"

Zendaya froze. The flash backs started like they always did. Her screaming and crying, his yelling. Darnell's yelling. Everyone just yelling.

The police, the court, everyone.

"Zendaya...are you ok?" Zendaya came out of her daze slowly.
"Can we...take a break please" she whispered.

The cameras quickly shut off and the crew left the room.

Zendayas feelings felt like they were bottled up inside her. The questions wasn't even offensive, just sudden.
"I'm sorry was I not supposed to ask you..." Mark looked at her and Zendaya knew she had done the one thing she didn't want to do.

"Didn't Natalia tell you..." she choked.
"We get a sheet of questions she must've just cut this one out...I'm so sorry" Mark fiddled with the clipboard, "do you want us to get you anything, water?"

"Tom...can you get Tom please..." Zendaya was staring at Marks chair as he jumped up, tears were forming in her eyes. Zendaya blinked hard trying to erase the images from her mind.

She jumped as the door slammed, triggering her anxiety Zendaya doubled over in fear.
"Hey..." She heard the door open again.

"Tom..." she cried jumping up from her chair.
Zendaya ran to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.
"It's ok...it's ok..." Tom folded his arms around Zendayas back peppering her forehead with kisses.

"I'm so scared what if I never get over this..." she cried, "I'm so scared Tom"
Zendaya only ever called Tom Tom if she was feeling a strong emotion like fear, love or sadness.

Otherwise he was just, babe, loser or Thomas. So he knew that in this moment she really needed him.
"Did he not know..."
Zendaya shook her head against Toms chest.
"Its not his fault, argh! I can't believe I bailed I should be inspiring not weak!" Zendaya cried.

"Hey hey hey! No darling you are not weak..." Tom stared into her eyes, "you are so strong ok you will get through this, take as long as you want ok"

"Ok...but can we stay here for a moment..." Zendaya snuggled under Toms chin and pressed their bodies closer together.
"Yeah...I love you Zendaya, I always will"

"I love you too Tom"