81 | Just Ask

tip toes back in as if i haven't been gone for like 2 years ahahah.... o_O

Toms Pov
________
The music faded out slowly as I stretched my arms behind my head, feeling the summer evening breeze pick up the lapels of my suit jacket. The approaching white car was now a warm shade of orange from the Los Angles sunset and the atmosphere of the award show stayed distant as if a scene was changing in a movie. These were the sights I loved about America, however there was one question I had to ask to my favourite sight of all.

The car door opened and I was greeted by pure beauty, my breathe started staggering like a drunk teenager and I held the lapels down now.

"Skys pretty aye?"
I blinked and my brain flicked back to reality,
"sorry wh-what?" I coughed.
"I said sky is pretty, you loser" Zendaya chuckled at me and rolled her eyes, I couldn't help but notice the lose strands of hair tapping her forehead as her body moved with her laughter.

I sent a fake laugh back, unsure if she had said something else.
"Did ya win son?" She punched my arm sarcastically as I got into the passenger seat.
"Nah.." I didn't mean to sound that upset I was just to distracted by-
"What the fuck to do you mean nAh" Zendaya started the car and her music blared through the speakers, she jumped and quickly turned it down to continue her sentence, "for fuck sake this rigged shit".

I looked at her shocked,
"It's not rigged, it's all good...all good" I laughed then drowned off as Zendaya redid her top knot at the stop light, completely disregarding the fact that it was no longer red. I didn't notice either, I was too distracted by what I needed to say.

"So I was wondering-"
I was interrupted by the car behind us, urging Z to hurry up.
"Oh for fuck sake cant a girl do her hair around here?" She stepped on the accelerator and screeched through the intersection, "go on luv".

I felt my cheeks flush and I looked over at who I wished could be mine, however she was visibly annoyed.
"Wanna go through McDonalds?"
"Holy shit Thomas I love you" She threw her head back and gasped, not going to lie I dead ass almost threw up.

I played it off, played it cool as Jacob would say and smiled as Zendaya took an emergency turn into the drive threw.
"Hello may I please get a 10 piece nugget meal with medium fries...no drink thank you...yes and a cheese burger happy meal" Zendaya winked at me and I took the jacket off my shoulders and set it on my lap. She looked me up and down and I quickly folded my arms to look angry, "that will be all thank you"

"A fucking happy meal" Not going to lie I was not disappointed, "how rude".
"Shut uppp you're a child still, be lucky I didn't put you in a booster seat" I rolled my eyes as her and stuck out my tongue but she ignored it and turned away.

"Hey Z.." She flicked her head back around again and the drunk teenager emerged once more, "the line..." I diverted.
"Fuck I suck at driving..." she whispered and moved up to pay the employee.

——
Zendayas House
——

"Did you see the press following us earlier" I flicked through the TV channels as I sat on Zendayas lounge.
"Yeah lil' fuckers" She threw popcorn in her mouth, "gonna make up some stupid dating rumour"
My heart sank,
"yeah stupid..."

"Can you even dress properly" Zendaya scoffed,
"huh?" I looked down at my outfit, "cause it's not Gucci wOw!"
"No you ass hat half your buttons aren't done up"
I glanced down once more and noticed the buttons on my flannel were mismatched and some missing, "well shit"

Zendaya rolled her eyes and leant over and undid all of them, I have never put popcorn in my lap so fast in my life.
"Ya see son this button goes in this hole and this button-" she drowned out, her face was so close to mine I could smell her perfume, I didn't even notice her patting my chest when she finished, "wakey wakey"

"Zendaya" She looked at me somewhat concerned, "I need to ask you something"
"You ok?" she sat back and took some popcorn,
"I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to...like..." I fiddled with the buttons, "g-go out sometime...like get coffee or something or see a movie I dont know you can say no I was just won-"

"Yeah sounds fun" she smiled at me.
"S-so it's a date" I stuttered, anticipating the answer.
"why not" She smiled punched me in the arm lightly, "now go to sleep you have had a long day"

Part 2 Soon