47 | Rain

Not my idea

"Hey babe!" Tom leant over the console and pushed the door open for Zendaya.
"Hi..." she whispered as she hopped in the car.
The rain was pouring now and Zendayas hair was drenched, so were her clothes.

"Nice weather isn't it..." Tom put a hand on her thigh.
"Yeah..." she chuckled before looking down at her phone.

"You ok?" Tom reversed out of the parking lot and began to make their way to the trailer park, just 30 minutes away.
"What movie do you want to see next week?" She didn't answer his question.

"Oh shit z I'm so sorry I can't make it next week"
Zendaya huffed, "something came up Jon needs to reshoot a stunt. Can we reschedule?"

"To when?" Zendaya rolled her eyes.
"An hour after?"

"We have a scene then Tom..."
"Oh yeah. What about the next day"
"I told you I can't go that day" Zendaya gritted her teeth.

"Ok...what about Wednesday?"
"Again...we have a scene" she mumbled, "why am I the only one that remembers..."

"What did you say?"

She didn't respond. Zendaya flicked her phone off and looked out at the rain.
"Babe..." Tom reached for Zendayas hand but she pulled away.

"Just drive tom..."
"Hey what's wrong"

"Just stop!" She yelled.
"Tell me what's wrong"

"You never spend time with me!" She spat out, tears beginning to form in her eyes.
"I do spend time with you!" Tom scoffed.

"No you don't you're always working!"
"Hey that's not fair! I have to pay the bills Zendaya!"
Tom was angry now. He tried to calm himself to avoid anything bad happening.

They argued for ten minutes straight about their work life. Tom wasn't thinking about what he was saying as he was driving and still trying to keep them both safe.
"Just be quiet!" He yelled.

"Pull over" she whispered.
"What...no"

"Pull over Tom!" Zendaya folded her arms and watched as Tom pulled into a rest area.
As soon as the car stopped Zendaya shoved the door open and Toms eyes widened as she ran out into the rain.

He scrambled after her as she marched over to a chair and sat down.
"Zendaya come back to the car you're going to make yourself sick"

"I don't care..." she mumbled.
"Babe stop..."

"Don't call me that!" Zendaya yelled before bursting into tears, collapsing back on the seat.
"Sorry I just..."

Tom watched Zendaya on the seat, crying as the rain poured down on top of them.
"Zendaya..." Tom sat beside her but she pushed him away.

Tom sighed and knelt down in front of her.
"I'm sorry ok..."
"Just piss off!" Zendaya yelled pushing Tom back into the dirt.

She stood up and stormed off in another direction.
"Z wait!" Tom once again scrambled after her.
Once he reached her he pulled her around to face her planting his hands firmly on her shoulders.
"This isn't working Tom...just go away"

"I'm not going to leave you here Z..." Tom whispered, "I'm not leaving."
"We should break up..."

Toms heart froze in place.
"No ...no absolutely not"
Zendaya looked up at him and wiped some tears away.

"We are not breaking up because of this..." tom whispered, "this is my fault I'm going to fix it"
"You can't..." she sobbed.

"I can and I will. Starting tomorrow every minute of free time I get I will spend it with you"
"No.."

"Zendaya I miss you while I'm working ok I wish! I could spend my whole life with you watching movies, having dinner, cuddling whatever but we have jobs. The hardest job, and I know it's hard but I really do try and make an effort," tom huffed, "because I love you"

Tom wrapped his arms around Zendayas shoulders shielding her head from the rain. Zendaya was hesitant but eventually wrapped her arms around Toms back and sobbed into his chest.

"I'm so sorry..." she cried.
"No shh you have every right to be upset" Tom kissed the top of her head.
"I just miss you I want to spend time with you"

"From now on I will spend every minute I get with you" Tom whispered.
"I'm sorry I pushed you..."
"I'm sorry I yelled..."

"It's ok z..." Tom kissed her head again as Zendaya pulled herself closer to him, shivering in his arms.
"Come with me" Tom swiftly picked Zendaya up and walked over to the car.

He opened the back seat door and hopped in pulling Zendaya on top of him.
"What are you doing?" She whispered into his neck as Tom rubbed her back.

"This is free time isn't it?"
Zendaya chuckled softly and pressed her self closer to him.
"I love you Tom..."

"I love you too babe"