27 | Safe

TW: SA
Darnell's heart was racing as he bolted through the trailers, dreading every second he had to leave Zendaya alone.

The crew definitely put Zendayas trailer and Toms as far apart as possible. Darnell didn't know why.

He cursed as he dashed around the trailers almost bumping into Jacob on the way.
"Woah, what store is having a sale?"
He clutched his food to him.

"Where's tom" Darnell puffed.
"In his trailer...why..."
Darnell ran off.

"Wait!" Jacob tried to run after him, "is she pregnant!"
"No!" Darnell was almost to far for him to hear Jacob laugh back.

"Finally..." Darnell puffed his way up the stairs and bashed on Toms door, "open up!"

Tom looked up from his phone as he heard Darnell at the door.
"You good mate?" He opened the door to see Darnell puffing, "do you want something to drink or..."

"No..." Darnell puffed, "Zendaya needs you, there's been a-"

"What!" Tom interrupted Darnell and was halfway through the door when he grabbed his arm.

"I'm gonna tell you now...she won't...talk..."
"What happened"

"Trevor...got in...and...assaulted her..."
Toms face and body blew up with rage.
"Where is he..." he gritted his teeth.

"I called the police..." Darnell finally caught his breath, "he's gone Zendayas in her trailer."

Tom took off running. He sprinted through the trailers Darnell close on his heels.
"Is this a race?" Jacob called as they sped past him again.

As the boys approached Darnell pulled Tom aside.
"Don't be mad at her...it wasn't her fault..."
"Why would I be mad at her? He assaulted her right?" Darnell nodded slowly, "then why would you be mad at the victim?"

Tom dashed up the stairs and pushed open the door.
Zendaya flinched and covered her head with the blanket.

"Darling it's me..." Tom cooed.
Zendaya slowly revealed her face, heavily breathing.
"Awe babe..." Tom sat on the edge of the bed and put a hand on Zendayas tear stricken face.

She pushed him away.
"Ok well I'm not leaving..." Tom crossed his legs and put his chin in his hands, "I'm not leaving..."

Zendaya looked up at him slowly letting out deep breaths.
"I'm here for you..." Tom whispered.
Zendaya burst into tears.

Toms eyes widened and he quickly wrapped his arms around his girlfriend.
"I'm so sorry..." she cried and curled her arms around his neck.

"It's ok...I'm not mad at you...it's not your fault" Tom rocked her back and forth.
"I'm gonna get you some water..." Tom kissed her head and pulled away slowly to find that Zendaya wouldn't let go.

"Don't go..." Zendaya pulled herself into Toms lap.
Tom chuckled and picked Zendaya up off the bed with ease as she was basically glued to him.

Tom placed Zendaya down on the chair and went and got her a glass of water.
As Tom was going to sit back down next to her the door slammed.

Zendaya jumped spilling her water on the table.
She burst into tears again.
"Oh shh..." Tom pulled her up again and they both sat on the couch Zendaya in Toms lap leaning against his chest.

Darnell smiled to himself and sat down on the bed opposite them.
Zendaya sniffled against Toms neck and her shoulders shook slightly as Tom held her close to him.

"Do you want to talk about it..." Tom whispered into her hair. She responded with a shake of her head and pointed at Darnell.
"Let him...he was there"

Tom widened his eyes at Darnell.
"You were what!"
"Let me explain!" Darnell stuck both hands up.

"Z and I were chilling in here talking shit the usual" Zendaya chuckled slightly at Darnell's voice, "and I went to use the bathroom, while I was in the bathroom that's when Trevor came in...." Darnell's voice faded as he looked at Zendaya who had turned her head away from the two boys.

Tom rubbed her shoulder as she started to cry again. Darnell continued.
"And...I heard Zendaya screaming...and when I came out Trevor...pulled up his pants and bolted. So I called the police and they caught him...."

Tom looked down at Zendaya who was shaking violently in his arms to scared to look up at him.
"Sweetheart..." Tom cooed as Zendaya pressed herself closer to him.

"I'm sorry Tom..." Zendaya cried out.
"Why do you keep apologising? It's not your fault babe! It's not your fault..."

"How did he get in..." Tom looked over at Darnell.
"I let him in..." Zendaya cried, "he said he wanted to talk...when I refused to get back with him he...he..."

"It's ok babe it's ok..." Tom rocked her in his arms, "babe I have to ask this but..how far did he-"

"Not far...I tried to push him off but he..." Zendaya stopped again, "he touched me Tom I'm so sorry..."

"Hey hey...shhh...it's ok...I'm here now...I'm here..." Tom embraced her with both his arms.

For the rest of the week Zendaya was given days off and time alone.
But Tom was always with her.

Every night he would hold her as she cried to him and everyday she would tell him more about what happened.

They decided to press charges but to keep it away from the public.
But they found out.

Tom held Zendaya the entire time while the fake articles, paparazzi, news stories and Instagram posts came out.

Trevor was thrown in jail after the court case and Zendaya received and overwhelming amount of love and support from her fans.

Most of the support came from Tom.

He made her countless meals and hot chocolates. Sat with her through her favourite shows, movies and read books to her.

Zendaya hated being treated so differently and would often doge the subject if she could.
Her anxiety heightened and her stress levels increase dramatically from the event.

One night she found herself so affected by the ...incident that she stood in the shower till it ran cold and her body numbed.

That was the tightest Tom had ever held her. Wrapping her in blankets and love making sure she was comfortable at all times.

As Zendaya lay in Toms famous blanket burritos she looked over at where it happened. The same couch she and Tom...yeah.

She thought about what happened to her that morning and how the whole world seemed to care so deeply for her for her two weeks of fame.

But when she looked over at Tom, lying there peacefully. She realised that people would only care for two weeks and others would care for two lifetimes.

He would always tell her the same thing.

Did you say no?

Yes...

Then it's not your fault. No means no Z. You shouldn't have to apologise for someone else's ignorance and disrespect. You shouldn't have to apologise at all. In fact you don't have to. It wasn't your fault.
People need to stop blaming the victims for things like this...

"I love you Tom..." she pulled herself into his sleeping body and he unconsciously wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"I love you Z. I always will."