41 | Long Hugs

"Today is the day Darnell!" Zendaya spun around her bedroom, "todays the day where are lives are bombarded with more Tomdaya content"

"Oh my god admit it!" Darnell teased, "you love it..."

Zendaya scoffed.
"Excuse you I do not ... love it" Zendaya scrunched her face up, "in fact I find it annoying and so does Tom"

"No he thinks it's cute" Darnell shrugged.
"Pssh when did he say that" Zendaya grabbed her phone.

"At a panel he said 'I'm fine with people shipping Zendaya and I'"
"He said that..."

"Aha! I knew it! You two love eachother!"
"No..." Zendaya whispered.
"Woah what's wrong why the face?" The mood in the room dramatically dropped.

"Nothing just updates on my mom..."
"Is she doing ok..." Darnell put a hand on Zendayas shoulder.
Zendaya wiped her tears away and smiled.

"Yeah yeah she's great..." She laughed, "let's go to this stupid bowling alley"

-

"Ayee!" The whole crew yelled as Zendaya and Darnell walked into the bowling alley.
"Hey guys!" Zendaya embraced Tony quickly.

"Hey z!"
"Hey Jacob!" Zendaya hugged Jacob before saying hello to everyone else.

"Do I get a hug or not?" Zendaya felt someone tap her on the shoulder, she whipped around quickly to see Tom.

He stood there his arms outstretched an impatient look on his face.
Zendaya quickly looked back at the others who were already preoccupied by other things.

"Hi Tom..." Zendaya smiled and Tom widened his eyes waving his hands up and down.
"Come on I look stupid"

Zendaya laughed and basically ran the two steps between them, throwing her arms around his neck. Tom let out a slight grunt before slowly wrapping his arms around her back.

"You don't have to act excited to see me..." Tom laughed into Zendayas shoulder.
"I am excited..." Zendaya buried her head in Toms neck.

"Shit Jacobs coming" Tom realised his arms expecting Zendaya to let go, but she didn't.
Jacob whipped out his camera and Tom began to panic.

"Z..."
"No...just make it look friendly I want to stay here...I need this right now..." Zendaya croaked.
"Oh..o-ok..." Tom wrapped his arms back around Zendaya.

Zendaya did need this. Her mother was in a car accident and she didn't have any time to go visit her in the hospital. Zendaya was worried about her, obviously.

Her injuries were said to be fatale and that's the last thing Zendaya needed to hear about right now.

She pressed herself closer to Tom hoping he wouldn't mind, he was dealing with it well. His arms wrapped tightly around her back, his head resting on her shoulder.

Zendaya was much the same. Keeping their chests pressed together, her arms holding her against his warm body while her forehead was pressed against his neck, shielded by her arm.

"Guys I'm gonna puke this is so cute!" Tom felt Zendaya laugh as Jacob approached them, camera and all.

"I'm filming this so don't freak out...NO DONT MOVE!" Tom laughed and pulled away from Zendaya.
"Don't post that mate..." Tom waved his hand at Jacob who was slowly lowering his finger to the screen, "no no dont!"

Tom scrambled after Jacob and Zendaya laughed as she watched Tom chase him around the bowling alley.
"Ah ha!" Tom yelled as he grabbed Jacobs phone, "gone!"

-

"Hey..." Tom pushed himself up onto the back of the chair with Zendaya.
"Hi..." Zendaya had her eyes glued to her blank phone screen, awaiting notifications.

"What was that back there..." Tom tried to catch eye contact with Zendaya but she wasn't looking at him, "were you just really excited to see me?"

Zendaya laughed once before quickly switching over to the state she was in before.
"No I just needed that...with my mom and..."

"Oh Z I'm so" Tom placed his hand on her back and she flipped her gaze up to him, "...sorry" Tom slowly dropped his hand.

"No it's fine" Zendaya stared awkwardly in front of her as Tom leant forward to put his drink down on the table.

"How is she..."
"She's doing pretty well...I'm just waiting for the all clear" Zendaya showed Tom her phone.

Tom nodded.
"I'm sure she will be fine" He daringly placed an arm around Zendayas shoulders and to his surprise she went with it and rested her head on his shoulder.

Ping

"Oh my god" Zendaya shot up quickly and glanced at her phone.

Tom followed Zendaya as she jumped off the seat mumbling the text on her phone.
"...your mother pulled through the surgery and she will BE REALISED IN A WEEK!"

Zendayas face was painted with happiness.
"Well that's great!" Tom smiled.
"I know oh my god she's ok! She's ok!" Zendaya and Tom were both laughing now and without thinking they embraced eachtother.

Zendaya smiled as she snaked her arms around Toms back.
"Oh my god this is amazing" Zendaya pulled away, one arm still wrapped around Toms back as they both read the message.

"That's amazing Z" Tom smiled down at her as she looked over at him.
"Yeah...thank you...for the hug I needed it" Zendaya whispered realising her arm.

"Any time..."

"Hey Z it's your turn for the shot!"
Tony yelled.

"Yo Tom film this it's going to be epic!"
Tom laughed as Zendaya ran off the grab the ball.

He whipped his phone out and started to record her being a dork.

Man, he really did love her.