14 | Road Trips

"I'm so excited for this!" Tom squealed and Zendaya rolled her eyes.
"Wait so did we get an RV?" Jacob looked up from his phone and squinted at the sun as the three of the them stood in the parking lot.

"Yeah Harrison is picking it up now"
"And Laura can't come so I'm the only girl!" Zendaya sung folding her arms.

"Get in assholes!" Harrison beeped the horn on the big RV as he pulled into the parking lot.
Tom pushed infront running down the vehicle jumping on the big double bed at the back.

"Get fucked everyone this bed is mine"
Zendaya looked around at the RV from the door as Darnell and Jacob loaded the rest of the suit cases in.

There were four bunks built into the walls around the side with a double bed at the back. There was a dinning table that could seat four, a spare chair, a microwave, a fridge and a small room with a toilet and a sink.

"Absolutely not thats my bed you boys can sleep on the bunks."
"Snooze you loose Zendaya"

Zendaya groaned putting her suit case in the shelf under her bunk.
"Ooohh fancy!" Darnell got on the RV placing his suit case in the bunk above Zendayas.

"Shot not driving first!" Tom stuck his hand up.
"Shot not!" Zendaya followed.

"I want to drive." Harrison said hoping in the drivers seat.
"Don't kill us Haz!" Tom tilted his head up.

"If you two start making out back there I will drive off a cliff!" Harrison began to reverse as Zendaya scoffed and Tom laughed.

"Shit!" Harrison quickly put his foot on the breaks causing the vehicle to jolt forward Zendaya and Tom both fell of the edge of the bed and Darnell fell of the dining chair.

Jacob and Harrison were fine and they were laughing as the others groaned on the floor.
"You idiots!" Darnell yelled.

"I'm sorry I can't see out the back!"

"Ok everyone to the dining table and do up your seat belts!" Darnell stood up and pointed at the dining table which was also like the 'car seats' of the RV.

Tom and Zendaya sat facing backwards and Darnell sat the opposite.
"Haz how long is this?"

"Like 12 hours so overnight"
"Cool..." Tom went back to his phone and Zendaya sighed leaning against the back of the chair looking out the window.

~

Zendaya woke with another jolt. Then a bump.
It was dark now and she was in her bunk. She was having trouble sleeping as the space was so tight and she felt as if she would fall off any moment.

She looked over at Darnell who had agreed to take the night shift for a bit until they could find a spot to pull over.
"Drive slowly D I feel like I'm gonna fall off"

"Sorry" Darnell whispered back.

Zendaya rolled over onto her side looking around the RV she couldn't see anything except the light above Darnell's head.

She sighed and shut her eyes again trying to get to sleep even though it felt as if she was in a coffin.

The next thing she knew she was plonked on the ground.
"Ow!" She cried, "Darnell!"

"I'm sorry there was a Squirrel!"
"When's the pull over spot" Zendaya sat up holding her wrist moving it around.

"In like an hour Z"
She groaned and stood up holding onto the railing of the bunk above her.
"Ow shit that really hurt..." she whispered.

"Go sleep with Tom or stop complaining"

Zendaya sighed and pulled the curtain back where Tom was sleeping. To her surprise he was awake staring at the ceiling.

He looked up at her and pulled the blanket beside him out of the way tapping the bed. Zendaya walked over and lay down on Toms warm bed.

It was spacious and didn't feel like a coffin, or a cliff, it was perfect.

"You alright..." he croaked pushing his hair back.
"Yeah..." Zendaya rubbed her arm, "did I wake you?"

"Yeah kinda..." Zendaya looked over at him and did a half smile.

"Sorry..."
"It's alright..."

Tom rolled back over and shut his eyes.
"Good night Z"

"Night.." Zendaya shut her eyes for the third time that night and before she knew it she was asleep.

~

Tom woke to the sound of crickets outside and he quickly read the time.

2:31am

'What the fuck' he thought, 'why am I awake?'
That's when he felt something move in his arms.
He smiled down at Zendaya who was pressed into his chest her arm resting on his back.

Tom played with some of her hair careful not to wake her.
She did the opposite, in fact she cuddled closer, nuzzling her head under his chin.

Tom smiled and used both arms to keep her close to him.
"Sorry..." she whispered, "your comfortable..."

"I like it..." he whispered back still playing with her hair.
"This is way nicer than a bunk" she sighed drawing circles on his back.

"Stay then..."
"I was going too..."

Tom lightly kissed her head and pulled her head and torso closer to him.
"Make sure you don't drive at night next time"

"I wasn't planning on it"