84 | Pain

Suggestion.
I've done something similar so I'll change it up a bit. :)

Zendaya sat on the couch with her head resting on her fist waiting for Tom to finish the last stunt of the entire film, she was so excited but also drained, it was 10:34 and she watch her lock-screen tick over to 35 then 36.

Jon yelled something so she looked up and watched Tom swinging around like an idiot, he shot her a grin from where he was hanging and she smiled back. He was so cute, he looked like a little monkey first learning how to swing from tree to tree.

Zendaya took out her camera and filmed him flying around, she captioned the video "don't hurt yourself" and posted it to her story.
"Here come the fan edits" she huffed and put her phone away once more.

Her eyes followed her boyfriend as his eyes were glued to the stunt instructor hanging off his every word. Z loved how dedicated Tom was to making sure he could do every stunt perfectly.

This stunt was one Tom had done many times just from an extra height, a simple straight flip, arms outstretched, off a building then landing in the iconic spidey pose, simple.

He got into position and made little finger guns at Zendaya who was beaming back at him knowing he would do his best, he smiled and pulled on the ropes slightly making sure they were tight and secure.

He bounced up and down a few times, shaking out his limbs gently, getting ready for the final wrap up of the shoot. Jon and the stunt director signalled to him to go whenever he was ready and Tom threw them both a thumbs up and a smile.

He took a deep breathe and jumped.

The crack could have been heard from a mile away, Toms ears were ringing and he clutched his knee as he fell onto the crash mat, his mouth hanging open. Within two seconds Zendaya was above him, her face blurred and her words silent as Tom look at the room around him.

His blinking was more apparent as he tried to examine his state.
"Fuuck!!" He screamed and the voices grew louder as he cried out, "my knee!" Tom glanced down to see his left kneecap out of place and obviously dislocated.

"Tom relax, don't move it" Zendaya tried to calm him down but his tears and screaming made her own knees tinge with pain. She had seen him dislocate his thumb before, but instead of screaming he ran up to her, laughed and popped it back in right beside her ear.

This was clearly much different. Tom felt his foot go numb as his knee grew stiff and the pain was unbearable.
"Tom relax we are calling a doctor." Jon's calm demeanour normally would level an entire room but Tom couldn't focus on what was happening.

The next few minutes felt like hours as Zendaya gave Tom water and played with his curls trying to keep him calm and relaxed, but it wasn't working.
Every time he would cry out Zendaya could feel the tears welling up in her own eyes.

"Darling don't cry it's o- fuck!" Tom tried to comfort her but he couldn't.
"Thomas stop it you're in pain..." Zendaya held both his hands as a nearby medic examined his knee.

"Alright Tom I need you to tell me where it hurts ok" The medic began to push gently around his kneecap and Tom screamed in pain when he touch just below, "we should be able to reposition it here but we need to wait for a paramedic ok".

Tom nodded and gripped Zendayas hand as he closed his eyes, taking deep and fast breaths. Almost on cue two paramedics walked into the room and immediately noticed the injury.

"What's your name muffin?" The lady asked Tom as she began to administer the Green Whistle.
"Tom..." he spluttered.
"Alright Tom, I'm Elysi, I need you to suck on this for me, take big deep breaths" She handed him the pain killing whistle, shaped like a vape and Tom began to breathe in the medication.

Immediately Zendaya notice his facial expression change from anguish to relief as the gas kicked in quickly, that was soon to change.
"Ok Tom me and my assistant Jen are going to reposition your knee, you need to take deep deep breaths of that whistle alright dont stop"

Zendaya gripped Toms free hand as the women prepared for the procedure, Tom was breathing in the gas but his eyes were full of fear as he stared up at her. Z smiled and stroked his head.

"Ahhh" Tom sat up and yelled as they began to move his kneecap.
"Keep on that whistle muffin, deep breaths"
Tom kept screaming so Zendaya held the whistle in his mouth and motioned for him to breathe.

Tom cried and screamed for five minutes until finally, his knee popped back into place. Jon and surrounding spectators clapped as Tom fell back in relief, Zendaya brushed his hair from his face and kissed him gently as the paramedics put his leg in a brace, ready for hospital.

——
Zendayas Trailer
——

After X-Rays and examinations there was no ligament or tendon damage in Toms knee and he had to take it easy for a week then he was good to go.

Zendaya and Tom lay in Z's bed in silence for awhile until Tom muttered something.
"Sorry you had to see that"
"No b it's all right, it was pretty interesting how they did it, I just didn't like seeing you in pain"

Tom smiled and planted a kiss on Zendayas head as she smiled into his chest,
"I know I wouldn't cope in that situation" she joked and Tom scoffed back at her.
"Nah baby girl you strong strong" He grinned at her and she rolled her eyes.

"How much dam pain gas did they give you?"