89 | Jusk Ask P2

suggested

It had been a few days since Zendaya and Tom went on their first date and Zendaya did not know how to think. She sat on her couch watching her fire slowly burn out the new wood as she contemplated calling Tom to tell her how she felt. But she couldn't. She would break his heart and he was to kind, to gentle to be broken. It's not that she didn't like him, just after everything that had happened to her love life before, all the times her heart had been stepped on, Zendaya wasn't ready for anything serious.

A sigh escaped her lips as she watched her phone on the coffee table, half hoping he would text her first, half hoping he would ignore her. They only exchange a few messages after the 'date', the typical, I had fun today nonsense and a few smiley faces. The date was not that serious either, given they were such good friends neither of them made any romantic moves, Zendaya was very grateful for this.

She didn't want to lose what she currently had with Tom, which was understandable, but at the same time she did like him but she knew the paparazzi would like them even more, that's what broke all her last relationships. Zendaya leant forward, putting her head in her hands listening to the passing cars and drunk neighbours. She smiled at the thought of her and Tom one day coming back from a night out together, laughing and holding eachother as they walked through the LA streets. Why was she thinking like this.

Zendayas dreams were interrupted by a buzz coming from her phone, she snapped her head up and glanced at the message.

Thomas🌂🕸
Hey, you around?

Zendayas heart started beating fast. She couldn't ignore him, what if he was in trouble, at the same time though what if he was going to ask her out again, would she say no?

Yeah dude what's up????

"Ugh fuck feelings" She leant back and put her phone face down, it buzzed again. Zendaya side eyed the phone quickly then looked back at the fire.
"If you answer it to fast he will think your desperate" She murmured, "but you know no one is here so", Zendaya picked up the phone once more.

Thomas🌂🕸
Can i come over..?

"Dumb dumb dumb Zendaya. Dumb" Zendaya tapped the phone against her head, she had read the message so now she had to respond.

Yeah ofc x

Oh what the fuck. She thought to herself as she sent the message, not even thinking about the 'x',
"Can you shut up oh my god girl" She shook her head as she walked to her bathroom to freshen up, leaving her phone on the lounge.

Thomas🌂🕸
xx

—————

The knock at the door was followed by a very fast pat down of Zendayas shirt as she made sure she looked somewhat human.
"You is smart, you is important, you is not gonna fall again" She said to herself in the mirror before finally walking up to her front door.

"Hey Tommo" Tommo? What the fuck. Zendaya tried not to look disappointed in herself and luckily Tom assumed it was a joke.
"Hello there" He walked in laughing and set his bag down on her kitchen counter, "what have you been up to today" He shoved his hands in his pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels, his shoulders up by his ears.

"Oh you know...nothing" She chuckled as she leant back on the couch, slowly nodding her head and looking at the roof, "wanna sit", no why would you ask that.
"Yeah sure!" Tom walked, quicker than normal, over to Zendayas couch and plonked himself down in the middle, Zendaya sat on his left slowly.

"Soo..." Tom looked over at her, tapping a turned off phone screen, "wanna-"
"Tom I have to talk to you" Here we go.
"Yeah of course.." Toms voice grew quiet as he put his hands in his lap, looking at her slightly worried.
Zendaya looked at his hands then at hers, imagining them intertwined as they strolled through shop after shop, but she cut herself off.

"I don't want a relationship right now..." she whispered. Tom looked hurt, fuck this is exactly what she did not want, she went to take her words back or explain herself but he interrupted.
"Can I ask why..." He trembled and fiddled with the hem of his jacket. Zendaya took a deep breath,
"All my past relationships have been ruined by the paps and I just don't feel like getting heart broken or hurt again and-"

"I would never hurt you..." Tom whispered, his eyes glazing over. Shit.
"I-I know I just-"
"It wouldn't have to be public"
"I'm sorry" Zendaya grabbed his hand, "I just can't commit to anything like that right now", she let go when he didn't respond. They locked eyes for a bit but Toms vision was blurry, he had loved her since the awkward hug and he couldn't believe all his courage and build up wash being flushed down a drain.

"I understand" he lied, "I'll wait for you"
Zendaya smiled,
"I'll be here".

"Friends?"
"Friends."