35 | Heart Of The Sea

Suggested by @shewritesall ty for the suggestion I like the drama oneshots too 😂 💕
_________________

Today was the day Tom feared the most. His drowning scene. He wasn't the most excellent swimmer, his mind kept backtracking to the time he got dunked at the beach when he was 6.

As he was listening to his lecture he kept looking a the big green box that was slowly being filled with water.
"Tom?" He whipped his head around to the stunt coordinator, "You listening this is important"

Tom nodded as the stunt coordinator explained that Tom was supposed to 'drown' under a large sheet.
If he needed help he just had to tug on the rope and they would bring him up.

He had to thrash around underwater, scream and then get back up. This was only the rehearsal.

Tom prepared and got the harness on.
"Ok try to do your lines so we can see how it looks"
Tom nodded and hopped in the water. He sighed as the warmth surrounded him.

"Alright Tom when you're ready!"
The stunt coordinator gave him a thumbs up and Tom smiled to hide the fact that he was terrified.

When Tom was ready he took a deep breath and disappeared under the sheet.
The water sealed over his head as Tom began to thrash around in the sheet.

He heard voices counting to signal him to get back up.
Tom heard them reach one and he began to make his way to the surface.
He kicked his legs managing to kick the bottom of the tank, he let out a yelp and took a breath as a reflex.

When the water reached his lungs he began to cough and choke on the liquid. He couldn't see anything from the sheet and he tried to push himself up but it held him down.

The heavy sheet had now wrapped around tom and he was freaking out. His lungs felt like they would burst and his head began to throb in pain.

Tom tried to give the people outside signals by bashing on the glass but he wasn't strong enough. The water had over taken his body and was slowly drowning him.

Chris was outside watching with the stunt coordinator when he noticed that Tom had stopped moving.
"Is he supposed to do that?" He tried to see but the large sheet had completely covered Tom and was floating in the water.

"No...bring him up!" The stunt coordinator yelled and some of the crew began to pull on the rope.
Tom began to slowly rise to the surface with the sheet still wrapped around him.

Tom was unconscious while the crew unraveled the sheet and tried giving him CPR.
"Ok stop we need a hospital now!"
Chris began to call 911 but a crew member was already on it.

"Call one of his emergency contacts" Chris nodded and took a piece of paper from one of the nurses.

He dialed the first number he saw.

Zendaya was sitting in Toms house when she got the phone call.
"Hello?"

Hi is this Zendaya? Tom Holland's girlfriend?

Zendaya sat forward on the couch.
"Yes it is. Is everything ok?"

Tom got in an accident this is Chris Hemsworth we need you at the hospital.

"Can I talk to him?" Zendaya threw pillows of the couch trying to find her keys.

He's unconscious...

Zendaya gasped and snatched her keys off the couch and ran out the door into her car.
"Ok I'll be there in a moment"

I'll meet you out the front

"Alright thank you"

Chris hung up and Zendaya zoomed in her car towards the hospital.
She cursed at every light and floored it when the hospital came into view.

When she managed to find a park she jumped out slamming the door as she ran to the entrance.

"Hi I'm Chris you must be Zendaya" Chris stuck out his hand and Zendaya shook it.
"Hi, is Tom alright?"

"He was unconscious in the ambulance but he's in a stable condition" Chris held the door open and the two began walking to Toms room.

"What happened?" Zendaya looked in every window forgetting that Chris knew exactly where they were going.

"The nurses said something about breathing underwater. He basically swallowed a lot of water during a stunt"
Zendayas body filled with panic as Chris opened the door to Toms room.

"Oh my god..." Zendaya ran in to Toms side. His face was covered with an oxygen mask and his eyes were shut his hair still slightly wet.

"I'll leave you two alone" Chris softly shut the door and as soon as she heard the click Zendaya collapsed at Toms side.

She grabbed his hand and rested her forehead on his wrist.
"You're so stupid Tom" she whispered as she rubbed his arm.

Tom groaned slightly and Zendayas head snapped up.
"Tom...squeeze my hand if you can hear me..."

Zendaya felt a soft squeeze and Tom slowly moved his head so he could see her.
"Hey loser" Zendaya kissed his forehead and knelt back down again, pushing his hair out of his face.

Tom didn't move much, he couldn't. But his eyes were ever so slightly open that he could just see Zendaya.
He took a deep breath from the oxygen mask which caught Zendayas attention.

"You ok..?" She grabbed a chair and sat beside him.
Tom gave a small nod and opened his eyes more, laying there without the ability to speak.

"You're ok now..." Zendaya wiped a tear from Toms cheek, "you're ok..."

Tom managed a small smile from under the oxygen mask and he squeezed Zendayas hand tighter.

"Hey there he is..." Zendaya caressed Toms face, "I love you"

Tom opened his mouth slightly and tried to speak and Zendaya smiled at him.
"I know what you mean Tom..." She kissed his forehead again.

Tom gave a her a slow blink and a smile and bought her hand back to his face.
Zendaya chuckled and ran her fingers threw his damp hair.

"I love you..."