40 | Road Trip

SCREEEE #1 IN ZENDAYA TYSM
also I can't remember who suggested this but thank you 😉
_____

Zendaya quickly shoved the last of her stuff in her bag as she heard the honking outside.
"Darnell let's go!" She screamed as she opened her front door.

Zendaya heard Darnell come crashing down with his bag as she dashed down the stairs to the car.
"Hey hop in!" Harrison yelled out the window.
Darnell quickly dashed in front of Zendaya and jumped in the back.

"Z you can sit in the boot with Tom"
"What! No it's to cramped back there!"
Zendaya groaned and opened the boot.
Jacob and Harrison were taking up the two front seats and Darnell, Laura and Tony were in the middle.
"Have fun you two!" Harrison yelled from the drivers seat.

Zendaya groaned again and plonked down next to Tom.
"Hey" Tom looked up from his phone and grinned at her.
"Hi"

During the road trip the crew jammed out to random songs, laughed and they all eventually grew tired from the long trip.

The crew was driving from Tennessee to Atlanta and it was just over 4 hours meaning they were going to get there around 10pm.
They were only half way into their trip but it was beginning to get dark outside and Harrison had to concentrate on the road as it was also raining.

Jacob was busy adding songs to the queue while Darnell, Laura and Tony laughed about something Harrison said before.

Then there was Tom and Zendaya.

Zendaya had stretched her legs over Toms as the leg room in the back was horrendous. She rested her head on the back of the chair as Tom played a movie on his laptop.

The middle seat blocked them off from the others and they had their own little area to chill. Harrison kept looking in the back mirror trying to spot something but he couldn't see anything.

Zendaya wasn't watching the movie, instead she watched the flashing of the lights going past them. It was giving her a slight headache but the only reason she did it was because Tom was in her vision too.

She could see his features lighting up at the different colours on the screen, his smile when someone said a joke, his face when he looked at her—Wait.

"Z? Are you watching or not?" Tom whispered.
"Hmm? Oh yeah yeah I am..." Zendaya went back to the movie.

Her headache worsened and she knew she couldn't take the screen much longer. Zendaya daringly lowered her head onto Toms shoulder hoping he wouldn't mind.

And he didn't. In fact he wrapped his arm around her lower back and rested his head on top of hers.
Zendaya snuggled into Toms neck so that she couldn't see the screen and must've noticed as he turned the brightness down on his laptop.

"You ok..?" He whispered so they others couldn't hear.
Zendaya nodded and rested her hands in Toms lap.

Zendaya began to doze off but before she could Tom quickly grabbed his jacket and put it around her shoulders. Zendaya smiled and shut her eyes.

While Zendaya was asleep Harrison suggested they stop at a road house to get something to eat.
"You guys go without me I'll stay here..." Tom said looking at Zendaya.

Harrison smirked.
"Ok keep it PG..."
Tom rolled his eyes as they all hopped out of the car.
"Get us something to eat though!"

Tom heard Harrison laugh and as soon as they were out of sight Tom grabbed a blanket and put the movie away.
He wrapped the blanket around him and Zendaya and pulled her into him.

She stirred slightly before finally relaxing into Toms arms. He had pushed the seat back slightly so they could lean backwards and be comfortable. Zendaya wrapped her arms around Toms torso and rested her head on his chest.

"Tom..." she croaked.
"Hmm?"
"Is this weird...?"
"No as long as we are both comfortable then I'm fine with it."

Zendaya smiled and jumped slightly as the others opened the doors.
"Hey love birds we got food" Darnell gave Tom a bag of food and Zendaya smiled as he placed it aside wrapping his arms back around her.

"What did I say about keeping it PG!" Harrison yelled.
"Harrison don't yell at me!" Tom sassed him, "we are perfectly fine here don't perv!"

Harrison rolled his eyes and began to drive again.
Jacob started playing his music and the others continued their chat.

Tom had now snaked his arm around Zendayas head and was resting his hand on the side of her head, playing with her hair.

-

"Ok we are here!" Harrison sung, waking up everyone in the car.
The lights came on and Tom covered his eyes and felt Zendaya turn her head away from them.

Most of the crew had now hopped out and Tom carried Zendaya back to her trailer as she was still asleep. Darnell followed them into her trailer with the bags and dumped them when he got inside.

"Tom what was that back there?" Darnell puffed.
"What was what?"
"You and Z?"

Tom smiled as he pulled the covers up over Zendaya.
"I was just...you know being a good friend...keeping her comfortable"

"Alright I'll leave you guys too it then" Darnell smirked and left before Tom could say good bye.

He rolled his eyes and got up to get some water.
"Tom..." Zendaya grabbed his wrist.
"Yeah?"

"Can you stay?" Zendaya croaked.
"Yeah...yeah I can stay" Tom kicked off his shoes and hopped into Zendayas bed.

Before he could move closer to her Zendaya was already on him, resting her head on his chest.
She was basically completely on top of him, her head nuzzled into his neck, his arms wrapped around her.

"This was a pretty good roa—"
"Tom what are we..." Tom froze.
"Um...what do you want to be..."

"I want to still be friends..." Toms heart sank, "but I like you..."

"Well if it makes it easier I like you too..." Tom smiled down at her, "lets sort this tomorrow"

Zendaya laughed.
"Ok goodnight"
"Goodnight"