33 | "I need a hug"

Suggested by @fannytje390 I changed it up abit 💕 tysm for all your suggestions
________
Tom got up to answer the knock at his door.
He knew exactly who would greet him but he had no idea how she was feeling mentally.

"Hey Zendaya!" Tom yelled as he swung the door open only to let his emotions drop as he saw the state his girlfriend was in, "You Alright..."

"Hi Tom" she whispered stepping into Toms warm trailer.
He smiled softly and bought her face up to meet his.

Tom studied Zendayas features trying to read her emotions, he finally cracked it. Stress.
"You ok...?" Tom dropped his hands to her shoulders still looking into her eyes.

"I need a hug" Zendaya melted unexpectedly into Toms chest wrapping her arms under his shoulders.
Tom sighed and wrapped one arm around Zendayas shoulders, holding her close to him while he used his free hand to hold hers.

Tom stayed silent for a bit while he peppered Zendayas head with kisses as she finally relaxed in his arms. He swayed them both as if they were in the middle of a slow dance and Zendaya let her body move with Toms.

He basically carried her over to his bed softly laying himself down letting Zendaya rest on top of him.
"Stress?" Tom whispered giving Zendaya another kiss on the head.

She nodded and pressed her forehead into the crook of Toms neck.
"How did you know..." She whispered slightly laughing.

"Boyfriend reflexes..." Tom looked down at Zendaya who was watching her finger as she made soft circles on Toms chest.

She had now shuffled off tom but was still hugging his side, her left arm and leg loosely draped over his body.
Tom watched her lay there in a trance for a bit before softly kissing her forehead once more.

"Tom..." she whispered.
Tom hummed in response and looked back at Zendaya.
"When did you know you loved me..."

Tom froze, thinking about his answer.
"I knew I loved you the moment I awkwardly hugged you in front of your dad..."
"Really..." she slightly choked on the word.

"I knew from that moment we were going to be really close... I didn't know it would be this close" Tom gave Zendaya a small squeeze and managed to get a soft smile out of her.

"But I knew we were going to be close..." Tom bought Zendayas face up once more and kissed her softly on the nose.

"But..." She whispered again which caught Toms attention, "why...do you like me"
Toms lips parted slightly at the question, looking into his girlfriends eyes.

If he listed all the reasons they would be here until they died. Toms body tensed at the question as he wondered why she would ask him something like that.
When she left in the morning he would always tell her he loved her, he praised her all the time. Fangirled, supported, loved, protected.

Tom obviously had reasons why he loved Zendaya but he never thought about it as he didn't know she would ask. He simply just loved her for who she was.

"Darling I dont just like you...you are the most down to earth, funny, hardworking, beautiful person I've ever met..." Zendaya smiled softly at his response.

"Zendaya you make me feel so lucky when I'm around you, you're the reason my life is so...perfect. Sweetheart I haven't met a person who is as caring as you are, I love you so much I couldn't explain it if I tried"

Zendaya melted at Toms words.
"Right back at you..." She whispered.
Tom scoffed and propped himself up on his elbows.

"That's it! I pour my heart out and you give me that!" He laughed. Zendaya smiled back at him this time bigger, it's what tom had wanted to see all day, he felt accomplished.

Making Zendaya of all people smile everyday was the best job Tom could ask for.

"I'm not as poetic as that..." Zendaya pushed Tom back down resuming the positions they were in before.

"I do love you z..." Tom his head rolled over to look at his girlfriend. But she wasn't looking back.

"Darling..." Tom put a hand in her hair as she stared right in front of her, "Why are you crying..."

Zendaya didn't respond but the tears got heavier. Tom rolled his body over and pulled Zendaya into his chest.
"Were my words too much for you" Tom teased.

No response.

"Babe I'm serious what's wrong..." Tom pulled away and looked at Zendaya who just shook her head pulling herself back into Tom.

"I don't know..." she cried, "I want to say stress but I don't know..."
Toms heart shattered as he tried to hold his girlfriend together.

"And I'm not on my period so don't ask..."
"I wasn't going to..." Tom laughed and kissed the top of her head.

"I love you Zendaya..."

"I love you too Tom..."